***The Official May 2017 Thread***

This is me, too! I think we've probably reached the point where it's ok to let the planning be a little lax. It's not like we don't know what we're doing, lol!!
True! I generally don't plan as much or as early when we're not going with the kids. I don't need to worry as much where we eat since most places we eat we can get into last minute. It's also easier to switch up plans, jump from park to park, etc. when it's all adults :thumbsup2

I'm considering doing Behind the Seeds with MIL, on our last park day at Epcot. I'm torn about booking it ahead of time or trying for day of depending on how things have gone with her in the parks. I'm kind of afraid she'd be rude to the guide if their gardening standards weren't up to HER standards or if they make any mention of non-organic practices or GMOs :scared: It just sounds like a thing that would happen with her! I'm also afraid she'll be rude to Gaston during the meet and greet, take the jabs too far. Bailing her out of Disney jail for harassing characters isn't what I want to add to the to do list. I guess if that happened I'd just leave her in Disney jail for awhile and tell her I had trouble getting her out, LOL!!
This is hysterical!!! Part of me wants something like this to happen just so I can hear about it :rotfl2:

Lots of acts I'm sad to be missing out on.

I'm cracking up at some of the "known for the song..." entries for some reason, lol
Same here. I'm so glad for our March trip Night Ranger is there, I saw them back in the early 90's at a little club in Georgia and we've never seen them at F&G. Herman's Hermits are there for our May trip; I like them but we've seen them twice before at F&G and F&W.

I've been at home with the flu for the last several days so i've had plenty of time to make plans, change plans, and drive myself crazy rearranging the plans i'd previously made. There will be 6 of us on this trip. 2 rooms at the POR. 2 adults and 1 child in each of the two rooms. I'm making plans for all of us.

Here's what we have so far:
May 20 (Sat): Check-in (T-Rex dinner)
May 21 (Sun): Magic Kingdom/Epcot (Cape May Cafe' dinner)
May 22 (Mon): Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom
May 23 (Tues): Animal Kingdom (Tusker House breakfast)
May 24 (Wed): Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios (50's Primetime Cafe' dinner)
May 25 (Thurs): Epcot/Magic Kingdom (Akershus breakfast)
May 26 (Fri): Magic Kingdom
May 27 (Sat): Check-out

We were originally staying at AoA from May 15-22, but I got a super awesome deal renting points, so we are now staying in a 2 bedroom at BLT for nearly the same price! We ended up taking a day off of the trip, so we are leaving the 21st, but I booked Early Morning Magic for May 16 so I think that will save us tons of time! I cannot wait! Flights are booked. ADRs are complete!

We got hoppers because with my little guy, we will likely do daily breaks at the room. Then after the breaks we can go out to whichever park

May 15- arrival at 10:30a - MK
May 16 - MK - early morning magic. Early dinner @ 'Ohana at 3:30
May 17 - AK - Chef Mickeys in the morning - late arrival at park
May 18 - HS - PPO breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine. 5:30 dinner @ Sci-Fi (may cancel this depending on if we decide not to spend the whole day at HS)
May 19 - EP - PPO breakfast @ Garden Grill
May 20 - MK/EP - PPO reservation at Bippity Boppity Boutique, breakfast at CRT @ 10, then we will likely hop to Epcot for a Frozen FP and to meet Anna/Elsa while the girls are dressed up
May 21- Day we leave. We will use this day to hit anything we missed/want to do again. Our flight leaves at 5:30, so we should have a few solid hours in the morning/early afternoon for touring.

I'm thrilled to be joining you all here! I flew home from WDW today and am booked for May! My niece and I will be traveling to celebrate her 5th birthday, May 4 - 10 in a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside. I've never stayed there, so if anyone has any tips, let me know! :D :D :D

Hello fellow May arrivals! We've had so many changes with our trip, but things are starting to come together now. Last summer, our nephew came to live with us after having a tough home life up to that point. His goal was simply to graduate high school, but we wanted him to experience things he'd never had the opportunity to do (he's never been on vacation. anywhere.), so we added him to our trip. He's making progress toward graduation in May, but he decided that he wanted to get a head start on his career, so he accepted a part-time job at a local manufacturing contractor and is now enrolled in a work/school program that will allow him to graduate in May and apply his part-time work to his seniority. Because of this, he won't have time off for our trip to the World. While we are sad he can't join us, we are happy that his goals are moving forward. He came from a situation where adults didn't have regular jobs and spent time in jail, so we are happy to teach him to be responsible/contributing/self-sufficient. We appreciate any good thoughts and prayers as he builds his life and have promised to include him on another family WDW trip!

So planning rolls on! We purchased airfare and are so excited! This is the first time we'll be flying, and I think DH is most excited about not driving :dogdance:. We are still staying at FW cabins with a golf cart reserved. Our most-wanted ADRs are secured, including our traditional Ohana dinner on our last night. We are 110 days out. Happy planning to all!!

Hello May travelers! We are booked at AoA May 17th - 24th. It's our first trip to WDW so we're very excited. We'll miss Avatar Land by three days so are a little disappointed, but there's so many other things to see that I'm sure our days will be full.

Any advice for a first timer? I've done a lot of research about the weather and traveling to Florida. I know I won't be able to see and do everything. :ccat:

May 15 - 21. Girls trip. Daughter choose WDW for her graduation from college trip! We leave 2 days after she graduates. Lucky Mommy me! Staying at the Board Walk Inn.
I can only HOPE one of my boys will pick WDW for a graduation trip destination, lucky you! Our dates overlap but we'll be at WL, May 18-22nd :)

80 days to go...Getting very close. We placed our grocery order today!! One more thing checked of the list.

Hello fellow May travelers!

My fiance and I are booked at POR for our Disneymoon May 21-28! ADRs are all set, so now it's just a waiting game for FPs. We're super excited! We're also pretty jazzed that the open date for Pandora falls during our trip.
I'm excited to converse and plan with you all. :tigger:

Fast Pass day for me a week from today...it's going to be a different experience this time around, planning them with my MIL in mind. She's never been to any kind of theme park, and she used to tell DH he wasn't allowed to ride rides when he went on school trips (needless to say, he did not listen to that!), so I'll have to ease her into things gently. I plan to start her slow and see how she does.

Right now I'm thinking

MK: Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise to start. On the second MK day, Seven Dwarfs and Splash Mountain if she seems receptive.
Epcot: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Character Spot
DHS: Toy Story, Muppets, Beauty and the Beast
AK: Safari, and maybe the two shows. She won't like Dinosaur because it's jerky and she won't want to do Everest. We're doing Rivers of Light with a dining package, so that's not a FP choice.

I did joke with her that I was going to get her drunk and put her on Everest, LOL!!

Fast Pass day for me a week from today...it's going to be a different experience this time around, planning them with my MIL in mind. She's never been to any kind of theme park, and she used to tell DH he wasn't allowed to ride rides when he went on school trips (needless to say, he did not listen to that!), so I'll have to ease her into things gently. I plan to start her slow and see how she does.

Right now I'm thinking

MK: Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise to start. On the second MK day, Seven Dwarfs and Splash Mountain if she seems receptive.
Epcot: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Character Spot
DHS: Toy Story, Muppets, Beauty and the Beast
AK: Safari, and maybe the two shows. She won't like Dinosaur because it's jerky and she won't want to do Everest. We're doing Rivers of Light with a dining package, so that's not a FP choice.

I did joke with her that I was going to get her drunk and put her on Everest, LOL!!
You should put her on TOT and when it's dark and quiet before the first drop, turn to her and go, OMG what's happening? WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?????? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter