<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Does anyone have the recipe to the fried chicken at 50's prime time? I couldn't find it anywhere. I know fried chicken isn't that difficult, but their's is just the best!

Does anyone have the recipe to the fried chicken at 50's prime time? I couldn't find it anywhere. I know fried chicken isn't that difficult, but their's is just the best!

Fried Chicken
50's Prime Time Cafe - Disney-MGM Studios

Ingredients:
Whole chicken cut into 1/8's (2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs)
Western Breading (below)

Wash chicken off. Completely cover chicken with Western Breading. Deep fry until done.

Western Breading:
3/4 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup soy flour
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 oz whole dry eggs
1 tbsp red pepper
2 oz non-fat dry milk

Combine all ingredients together. Coat chicken with breading.

‘Ohana: Maui Scalloped Potatoes

1 pound Russet potatoes (washed and sliced)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onions
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a greased baking pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let stand five minutes before serving.

Thank you! Thank you a thousand times over!!!

0309l.jpg

Tuna Carpaccio
*Il Mulino, Walt Disney World Swan
Serves: 1

3 1/2 Ozs. Center Cut Tuna (thinly sliced)
1 1/2 Oza. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon (juiced)
Sea Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
1/2 Tsp. Chives (minced)
1/2 Tsp. Shallots (minced)
6 Pieces Arugula (washed)
1 Tbsp. Frisee (centers only, washed)

Lay the thinly sliced tuna between two sheets of plastic wrap. Lightly pound with a meat mallet to spread the tuna to form one thin, large slice. Using a 4 inch plate, lay the plate upside down on the prepared tuna. Using a sharp knife, follow the edge of the plate around the tuna, cutting both the plastic and the tuna, to form a 4 inch circle. Remove the plate and the plastic from both sides of the tuna. Gently place the tuna round on a desired plate. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, shallots and chives together. Spoon a small amount of the mixture on top of the prepared tuna to coat evenly. Finish by seasoning the tuna carpaccio with freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt..

Presentation:
Place coated tuna on serving dish. Decorate withf risee and arugula. Serve.

*The recipe doesn't specify from which restaurant but Il Mulina's tuna carpaccio gets raves in restaurant reviews so this is probably the recipe. It appears on the menu like this: CARPACCIO DI TONNO - Thinly Shaved, Center-Cut Tuna served with Arugula, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Fresh Lemon Juice $14

Last May my DH and I ate at the Cali Grill and I had the best sorbet that I ever had! I know that they change their flavors of sorbets all the time - but this one was Blood Orange. Soooo good! :banana:

Does anyone have that recipe by any chance? Or the recipe for the cheesy orrichietta pasta that they used to serve with the Oak Gilled beef tenderloin at Cali Grill? I have been looking for that one forever also.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

This is a slightly different version of the Citrico's Onion Tart posted on page 148. It makes 4 small tarts and includes the Walnut Dressing.

disney-onion-tart-321x354.jpg

Onion Tart – version 2
Citricos, Disney's Grand Floridian Spa and Resort (Citrico Chef Philip Ponticelli to the Washington Times)
Serves 4

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 bay leaf
2 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons milk
1 clove garlic, minced
Coarse salt, white pepper, to taste
1 package refrigerated pie dough
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 3 1/2- inch tart pans (for individual tarts)

1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bay leaf and sauté until soft and lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, and garlic. Season with salt and white pepper and set aside.
4. On a work surface with a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick. Cut into circles about 4 inches in diameter. Place in tart pans so that they fit in the bottom and up the sides. Trim off the portion over the top if necessary.
5. Prick the dough with the tines of a fork and bake for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and place a teaspoon of sautéed onions in each tart, spreading evenly.
7. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of egg mixture on top of onions in each tart, then top each with 2 tablespoons blue cheese.
8. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Remove from tart pans and place on serving plates with a drizzle of walnut dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Walnut Dressing
For 4 tarts

1/2 cup sherry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1 small shallot, minced
Coarse salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1 cup olive oil

Mix sherry, mustard, walnuts, shallot, salt, and pepper in a blender, slowly drizzling in the oil until the dressing has a creamy consistency.

Last May my DH and I ate at the Cali Grill and I had the best sorbet that I ever had! I know that they change their flavors of sorbets all the time - but this one was Blood Orange. Soooo good! :banana:

Does anyone have that recipe by any chance? Or the recipe for the cheesy orrichietta pasta that they used to serve with the Oak Gilled beef tenderloin at Cali Grill? I have been looking for that one forever also.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I've added your request for the blood orange sorbet to our request list. However, someone had posted that the Cheese Orecchiette Pasta Gratin was not available for “proprietary reasons” :confused3 That was posted some time ago, so you may want to try contacting them again for the recipe. You can find some good tips in post #4 in our index thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 Please be sure to let us know what you hear from them. :thumbsup2

Index is complete through this post.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Spoodles' recipe for Crispy Chicken Cutlets, served with Serrano Ham, Asiago Cheese, Marinated Tomatoes and lemon vinaigrette? I see it's off their menu, and I love it! :)

Crispy Chicken Cutlet
Spoodles, Boardwalk, WDW
Served 4

4 each Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
2 cups All Purpose Flour
4 each Eggs
8 ounces Arugula
4 ounces Fennel, shaved or julienne
4 ounces Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe below)
12 ounces Marinated Tomatoes (recipe below)

Lemon Vinaigrette
1 each Lemon, juice only.
1 ounce White Balsamic Vinegar
6 ounces Olive Oil
½ ounce Fresh Basil
½ ounce Shallot, minced
To taste Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

Marinated Tomatoes
2 each Large Ripe Tomatoes
1 each Shallot, minced
½ ounce Fresh Basil
½ ounce Fresh Parsley
4 ounces White Balsamic Vinegar
To taste Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

Breading Procedure:

Cut the chicken in two fillets. With a meat mallet, pound the chicken breast as thin as possible. It is recommended to place the chicken in a clear plastic freezer bag for easier and neater preparation.

Set up a breading station in three separate bowls. One for flour, one for egg and the last for the Panko bread crumbs. First dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg, then press into the bread crumbs. Separate layers of chicken with a paper towel if necessary.
Frying Procedure:
This can be deep fried (recommended) or pan fried. For deep frying, follow the manufacturers instructions for cooking fried chicken. For Pan-frying, fill a large skillet with about ½ inch of olive oil on medium heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown on each side and an internal temperature of 165 F.

Vinaigrette Procedure:
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil. While whisking, slowly drizzle the oil to combine.
Season to taste.

For the Marinated Tomatoes, combine all ingredients and season to taste.

Final Presentation – combine the greens and fennel with the Vinaigrette. Then, place the chicken on top of the greens and top with the Marinated Tomatoes.

Just keeping them together...
I'm hoping that someone can help me. I am looking for the recipe for the Pan Asian Pasta dish at the Kona Cafe. The thing is, I am looking for the older recipe with the bow tie pasta that they discontinued :sad1:, NOT the new one with the noodles.

Thanks so much,
Kell

I'm not sure where I should post this:confused3 but.... I was wondering if anyone has the recipe for the vegetable quiche from Boulangerie Patteserie (spelling) in France? There used to be a thread somewhere on the boards with nothing but recipes, so I would have gone there, but I couldn't find the thread. Thanks! :goodvibes

Originally Posted by FamilyOf8
I'm hoping that someone can help me. I am looking for the recipe for the Pan Asian Pasta dish at the Kona Cafe. The thing is, I am looking for the older recipe with the bow tie pasta that they discontinued , NOT the new one with the noodles.

Thanks so much,
Kell

Are the noodles the only thing different in the recipe? The Poly rarely responds to written recipe requests unless you're very persistant and usually older recipes are not kept by the kitchen. Your only chance is probably to ask in person when you're there.

Bailey’s Irish Coffee Trifle
Rose & Crown, Epcot

Custard
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
3 cups whole milk
3 cups half-and-half
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 ounces coffee

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
In a thin stream, whisk in the milk until smooth.
In a thin stream, whisk in the half-and-half until smooth.
Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a saucepan.
Over medium heat, whisking the mixture constantly, bring to a boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in the coffee, bittersweet chocolate and vanilla.
Fill a large bowl with ice cubes, rest the saucepan on top, and add cold water to cover the ice cubes. Refrigerate until well chilled.
NOTE: The recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance. Serve cold.

Chocolate Cake
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook for 25 minutes.
Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and slowly whisk in wet ingredients. Pour into greased Sheet Pan. Allow to cool. Cut with a ring mold.

Bailey’s Whipped Cream
5 oz Heavy Whipped Cream
1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
Whip Cream until stiff peaks. Fold in Bailey’s and pipe on Trifle.

Hello! I was hoping to find the recipe for the Citrus dressing used on the salads at the Polynesian Resort?

I fell in love with the dressing :lovestruc

Hello! I was hoping to find the recipe for the Citrus dressing used on the salads at the Polynesian Resort?

I fell in love with the dressing :lovestruc

Not quite sure what dressing you mean but the Citrus Vinaigrette that goes on the Kona salad is on page 28 and there's a Honey Lime dressing from Ohana on page 29. PM me if you meant something else.

Not quite sure what dressing you mean but the Citrus Vinaigrette that goes on the Kona salad is on page 28 and there's a Honey Lime dressing from Ohana on page 29. PM me if you meant something else.

Thanks so much! I meant the citrus vinagirette but I didn't know how to spell it :lmao:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Makes 1 dozen cookies

3/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons rum
1 stick of butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
1 1/4 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
3/4 cup oatmeal

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. Soak raisins in rum in a shallow bowl; set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Slowly add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in molasses.
4. Add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, granola, oatmeal and rum-soaked raisins. Mix thoroughly.
5. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between mounds.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.

Just keeping things together...

Here's the Breakfast Pizza recipe. I made it for New Years Day breakfast it was delicious, I just wouldn't travel with it. I think it needs to be served right out of the oven.

<snip>

Breakfast Pizza 2008 Version
Chef Mickey’s, Contemporary Resort

Servings: 6-8

1 pre made multi grain pizza crust
½ cup of ricotta cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
½ cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
¼ cup half & half
2 ea. Eggs – scrambled & cooled
4 ea. Strips of bacon – par cooked & chopped
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350*.

Scramble two eggs, after cooked place on a paper plate place in freezer to cool down quickly.

Once cooled place in bowl add salt, pepper and mix in half and half. Set aside.

Take the ricotta cheese add salt and pepper. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over pre made crust, sprinkle both of the cheeses over the entire pizza.
Next sprinkle the scrambled egg mixture and chopped bacon over the entire pizza.

Bake @ 350* for approx. 10 – 15 mins until cheese is melted and golden brown.

<snip>

And a couple requests...the first is for Tusker House:
we had breakfast there and they had this pastry filled with cheeses then you could but this cherry sauce on it. I want to say it started with a P. Anyone know what it is or how to make it? TIA ETA: my hubby says its a cheese blintz

This one is for a really old recipe, but I thought maybe someone here might be able to help:
Looking for an older Epcot recipe that's no longer served at the Park
Ok, this is going back at least 10 years but there used to be a French cafe with outdoor seating that was a perfect lunch spot. They had a very simple but great salad. Mixed greens with cubes of a delicious, mild and somewhat firm textured cheese. The dressing was creamy, light yellow in color and I think it had a slightly lemony flavor. I've been trying to track down the recipe for years to figure out what kind of cheese it was and how to make that perfect salad dressing. If anyone remembers the salad and has the recipe, please share. I've yet to find it anywhere. Thanks!

Index is complete through this post.

We fell in love with the new addition at Boma. Is anyone will to post an attempt at a recipe for the Corn & Spinach Pudding?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter