*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

We arrive on the 19th doing one night at POFQ and a DS night. We move to YC the next morning and have our traditional welcome meal at Chef Mickey's. This is a no park day so we plan on riding the monorail to GF and Poly to check out the Christmas décor and then going to the Boardwalk to have a drink, eat some ice cream and play some carnival games but I was curious if we decided to ride the monorail to Epcot if there were any rides available and I was surprised! I plan on keeping our current plans as we have 2 Epcot days and got all the FP+ we need since we did the CL FP+ this trip but still. It's amazing that Soarin' is available at 30ish days. Frozen is also available but we already have that booked on another day and I was just looking at things we could do on the walk back to YC.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
We leave the 30th to drive down, less than two weeks and I'm bursting with excitement! I'm trying to keep the Disney talk to a minimum, but my brain has a background loop of all things DW. The low humming of attraction songs while at work has been steadily increasing.

I've been addicted to The Imagineering Story on Disney+. Watched the first episode a few times lol.

Staying 12/21-12/26 for a last minute booked trip! I saw someone on an earlier post mention they pre-booked the sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness. When I tried to, it says they are not taking reservations and it is walk up only. Anyone else get reservations for this? Anyone taking a chance on a walk up?

I saw another poster suggested you call to see if you could book a reservation rather than chance a walk-up. Did you try? Would they make a ressie for you?

To respond to your initial question on others who have booked this, I do have a reservation for Friday, December 20th. Fully-paid at time of reservation and I have a confirmation number, etc. I realize this is one day before your arrival, so possibly they are not taking reservations after the 20th, but it was so close I thought you might want another data point.

I hope it works out for you. My eldest daughter and I are surprising my mom with this -- I think she (we all) will really enjoy it.

Curious about arriving for EMH's at MK on 12/23. With a 7 a.m. EMH park open, what time would you recommend getting to the turnstiles? TIA!

I don't know how I'm just finding this thread now, but we leave in less than 3 weeks! Can I be added to the list? 12/6-12/15 at the Dolphin

Late to the roll call here but staying at the Poly from 12/15 until 12/21. Hoping for a break from the northeast cold :banana:

We leave the 30th to drive down, less than two weeks and I'm bursting with excitement! I'm trying to keep the Disney talk to a minimum, but my brain has a background loop of all things DW. The low humming of attraction songs while at work has been steadily increasing.

I've been addicted to The Imagineering Story on Disney+. Watched the first episode a few times lol.
We leave to start our drive the same day!!

Wow good to know! Thanks

we have never ,in almost 10 years ,done rope drop, but then again, we never were there for Christmas week, and this time we will have our almost 2 y/o DGS, his mom said that he wakes up at 7 am everyday, so might as well do rope drop and get out by 2-3 pm before it gets really crazy, like I said, we could see the fireworks from TOTW or Polynesian, I know it's going to be hard, especially for our DS 23, and DD 17 , but we will probably only do it for MK. Good luck with that!

Hmmm doing the same thing and I'm not planning on getting there at 6:00 am! I don't need to be first one thru the gate.

I heard the it gets pretty crazy that week, if you have been there during that week and its not that crazy at that time , let us know please
believe me , we don't to get up at 5 am.
any tips?
thanks!

I heard the it gets pretty crazy that week, if you have been there during that week and its not that crazy at that time , let us know please
believe me , we don't to get up at 5 am.
any tips?
thanks!

Well I must admit I have never been to MK Christmas week even though I make 3-4 trips per year for over 30 years!!! But I’m hoping that there won’t be hoards of people arriving at 7:00 am. This may well be my first and last “Christmas” trip.
What is interesting is that I’m still seeing a lot of availability in many resorts for Christmas week however, we also have a stay booked for the last week of Jan and there is practically no resort availability for that week!?
Hopefully someone can report on early morning crowds from last year....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter