*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Hey! We’re going to be there 12/28-1/4 with our two girls ages 8 & 6. We have spent some days in Disneyland/Disneyland Paris/WDW this year without them so it’s their turn! They don’t know about it yet and we probably won’t tell them until we’re in the car driving down!

We have a storage split stay. AKKV/Off Property/AS Sports. We usually are able to go and not spend more than 25 minutes in any line but we know this trip will be very different. We’re looking forward to our first trip during this time of year!

I booked the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade dining package at Tony’s Town Square for December 31st.

I’m confused, because they are actually showing the Christmas parade that day at both 11:00am and 2:00pm. Our meal reservation is at 11:50am. There is nothing on our reservation or the website to tell me whether we are supposed to watch the 11:00am parade before we eat, or the 2:00pm parade. I know we would need to visit the restaurant to get our passes for the reserved viewing area. Is it possible we are supposed to be at the 11:00am parade? That seems awfully tight.

Anybody have experience with this?

We'll be there 12/14-12/18 (including travel days). First time at Christmas, first time at MVMCP (on the 17th) and the Candlelight Processional (the 16th).

It was a last minute decision (due to some unfortunate developments with my family this year), and I'm already feeling the crunch. I'm signed up to two alerts for a BOG reservation I didn't know I needed (for a counter service restaurant?!) and that I'm pretty confident I'll never get.

We'll be there 12/14-12/18 (including travel days). First time at Christmas, first time at MVMCP (on the 17th) and the Candlelight Processional (the 16th).

It was a last minute decision (due to some unfortunate developments with my family this year), and I'm already feeling the crunch. I'm signed up to two alerts for a BOG reservation I didn't know I needed (for a counter service restaurant?!) and that I'm pretty confident I'll never get.
You have my exact schedule for the extras. I just got a BOG breakfast yesterday for the 17th at 10:05, so it is possible!

I was able to get BOG reservations during our trip over Christmas week using the TP alerts so don’t give up hope. It can happen.

We will be at AKL from Dec 14-20! It is my DH, DS (8) and DD(7)’s first time at DW and my first time since 2001. We will also be bringing our new au pair from Columbia who has always dreamed of someday going to DW, so that will be so much fun! I’m so excited I can hardly wait.

Just in case anyone in this group hasn't seen it and has a trip that would be affected, Trump is going to be attending a fundraiser at the Grand Floridian on Dec 7. I'm not trying to make a political post, just thought people whose trips will be affected by the enhanced security and transportation issues and who might not subscribe to Tom Bricker's blog should know so they can plan accordingly.

My luggage tags have arrived!

yay! I was wondering when these would start to be mailed out. Last time we went a few years ago, they sent them months and months in advance, pretty much right after we had booked. Apparently they no longer do this. Are the tags only sent after final payment?

All my tickets are in now! There's still a good selection of FPs for Epcot and MK on the days I'm going. We're entering Epcot at 12pm through the Showcase entrance and have CP at 5. Frozen is on the other side of the lagoon, maybe do that after the CP but before dinner, and do Test Track right away?

I booked the star wars dessert party for new years eve. I'm hoping it will be a good new years experience. I'm a star wars fan, so it'll be cool for me.
I'm feel somewhat FOMO for not spending nye at MK or epcot. I couldn't get a dining package or DP for those parks. We are a short family, and I was concerned we would have a difficult time enjoying the fireworks show in a place where everyone is standing up.

What time did they show HEA on non-party nights last year? Still 9, or did they bump it to 10?

I'm assuming that Epcot Forever will be bumped up from its current 10 spot as Epcot won't be open after 9:30...

12/8- 12/15

Quite late to this thread, but hubby and I are taking our first adults only trip and staying at POR...first time there as well.
ADRs for:
Sanaa, Rose and Crown, Sebastian's Bistro, BOG (PPO), Sci Fi, Homecomin', Raglan Road, Whispering Canyon and Hoop de Doo.

We are also doing: Savor the Savannah at AKL 12/8 and MVMCP on 12/12.

Hubby is on a VERY long business trip (28 days) in November, so this is our treat when he returns.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

What time did they show HEA on non-party nights last year? Still 9, or did they bump it to 10?

I'm assuming that Epcot Forever will be bumped up from its current 10 spot as Epcot won't be open after 9:30...

In our experience with HEA in December on non-party nights, it has been at 9.

I only have experience with Illuminations at Epcot but assume things would be the same for Epcot Forever. At least while the Candlelight Processional is going on, the show has been at 9:30, to accommodate the 8:15 Candlelight performance.

Based on my memory and a quick check of Touring Plans, HEA still ran at 9. That is how it worked for my trip during MVMCP in 2017 and during MNSSHP in 2018. Hope this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter