*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

My fast pass day was today as well and I also had no problems getting everything we wanted! Now I'm just wondering what will happen when I try to move things around once early hours are announced...what will be left ...

It’s so frustrating waiting for all of these changes. I just wish I could nail down a solid plan. Don’t even get me started on Hollywood Studios—NO idea what to expect after ROTR opening.

FP day was today, no Slinky on 60+2 when I logged on right at 7. I grabbed TSMM and am planning to RD Slinky since it's an EMH day. The tiering at HS is really nuts, especially with neither SWGE available for FP+. SDMT was also only available in the evening at 60+1, but I grabbed it anyway in case our BOG PPO breakfast reservation gets skunked by earlier park hours. FOP had plenty of availability at 60+5. I was surprised that most of the evening show/fireworks FP seemed to be sold out since that ties up your FP for the whole day. I've never followed through on a dessert party reservation before but I think I will definitely be keeping ours for HEA.

For those going during a party week, but are not going to a party, Do you think the Early Morning Magic hours at Fantasyland are worth it or will Magic Kingdom be quiet enough on the party days that there is no need to pay extra for low crowds? We're staying at the BC first week of December.

For those going during a party week, but are not going to a party, Do you think the Early Morning Magic hours at Fantasyland are worth it or will Magic Kingdom be quiet enough on the party days that there is no need to pay extra for low crowds? We're staying at the BC first week of December.
In my experience party days are usually a lot less busy than a regular day or one with EMH. If you are doing the early morning magic just for the rides, the only one that is really difficult to get a FP for that is open during the event is 7DMT and the others shouldn't be to hard to get a FP for or just do standby. As for value, if you want the breakfast and to experience fantasyland with lower crowds it might be worth it to you. You should be able to get in most of those rides without the EMM, but when it comes to being worth it that is very subjective on whats important to you. I personally am not interested in the EMM but that's because I'm not a morning person 😂

I completely agree about the dessert events. So expensive for what they are.

This is negative and I hate to post it. You’re correct, I have little to no interest in the sweets at the party. I’m booking the Dessert Party because many guests can not be considerate to others.

We're going one last time in December before the price increases. 2 years ago, we had booked the dessert party and had a blast. Earlier this year, we figured we would brave the crowds and go to the Hub early to secure a spot. Everything was great until about 10 mins before the show started, when a taller gentleman (well over 6”) stood directly in front of my daughter, and hoisted his kid on his shoulders. She was so upset after having waited patiently for 45 mins thinking she would get a great view. She’s too old to have picked up and carried on my hip, but too short to see enough on her own.

One word of advice, if you are going to the party and want to get your $$$’s worth, eat an early or light lunch. Also, get there early so you can take advantage of the seating area for a while and get the best variety of the food they have to offer before the crowds make it in.

Fast pass today and got everything we wanted! Like everybody else, the tiering at HS is just bonkers. We got SDD at 1:45, which is just fine, but I hate having to waste passes on shows. Here's hoping they stretch park hours during Christmas week!

Joining late, but we're going 12/1 to 12/6, staying in Beach Club. We got totally shut out of Slinky on Fastpass day! I even tried for a party of 2, but still no dice. We also couldn't get an ADR at Storybook Dining, but for that it's a party of 8, so I am pessimistic one will open up. My only hope is that the Space restaurant opens up and people drop Storybook Dining to get that instead!

For people going the same week, what are your thoughts on MK crowds? There is a party Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, as well as a special event on Monday. My guess is that MK will be swamped on Wednesday and Monday will be a dream, but I'm worried the strategy of going to MK on Party/Event days is catching on!
going the same week.. thanks for bringing this my attention. trying to lock down my day now but its hard with the christmas parties! thank goodness for park hopper!

I think the 5th is the day to go to MK. I just have this feeling about it. That was my original plan, but we've decided to brave HS that day instead. The 4th will be a madhouse.
you mean the 4th for MK will be nuts?
im struggling with finding one night to see MK fireworks!

you mean the 4th for MK will be nuts?
im struggling with finding one night to see MK fireworks!

We're going to MK on the 4th as well. EMH were extended from 11PM to 12PM that night. The other option was the 7th (Saturday), but the hours were changed to a Midnight close for all guests, so I imagine that day will be even more crowded!

We're going to MK on the 4th as well. EMH were extended from 11PM to 12PM that night. The other option was the 7th (Saturday), but the hours were changed to a Midnight close for all guests, so I imagine that day will be even more crowded!
We are going to MK on the 4th also. We had planned on HS for the 4th since it kiddo's bday, HS is his favorite park but they are closing Star Wars land early for a media event. I am expected MK to be crowded since it the only night that week it is not closing early for a party or event. I did get tickets for the dessert party that night hoping that helps with the fireworks crowds some.

We are going to MK on the 4th also. We had planned on HS for the 4th since it kiddo's bday, HS is his favorite park but they are closing Star Wars land early for a media event. I am expected MK to be crowded since it the only night that week it is not closing early for a party or event. I did get tickets for the dessert party that night hoping that helps with the fireworks crowds some.

We're booked for the Dessert Party (Garden View) too! We may see you there!

Adding to the roll call list! Just me and DD 11 at the Dolphin from 12/29 - 1/6. We have 7 day park hoppers. She's never been and I haven't been in 30 years (eek!). So, FP days open up next week. I hope we get the big things! She isn't big on meeting characters, and since we don't having dining plans, we aren't doing any ADRs except Oga's. And maybe something on New Year's Eve if anything opens up in Epcot (hoping for Spice Road or Tutto Italia). Here are our current tentative plans for park days (DD wants to start with HS then Epcot).
  • 12/30 – HS – Oga’s Cantina at 9:05pm
  • 12/31 – Epcot
  • 1/1/20 – MK (extra magic hours 8 - 10 pm)
  • 1/2/20 – AK
  • 1/3/20 - MK
  • 1/4/20 – AK (EMH in the morning, so might switch with the day before, but didn't really want to do one park two days in a row)
  • 1/5/20 – HS and/or Epcot (HS has EMH .... so maybe start at Epcot.... or sleep.... ha!). If we don't get good FPs at HS on 12/30, we may start with HS here.
We aren't morning people, so don't plan on rope-dropping. I'd like to do the Jingle Bell Jam dessert party ... but I'd have to cancel Oga's and see if something else opens up (the only other one on that day is at 9:25am, which would make for a really long day!). I might look into other events, but I'm already exhausted from planning - ha!

Roll Call!!

My family of 3 will be heading down to Disney World for the third time this year and will be experiencing it during Christmas for the first time.

We booked the Ultimate Disney Christmas Package and will be there 12/21-12/26, staying at the Port Orleans-Riverside resort!

We are beyond excited!

I’m late to this thread! I’m also super new. Myself, my mother, and my son (age 2) will be at AoA from 15-20. I only started planning this trip maybe 2 or 3 months ago and went through a TA. Idk how you all plan this. Even with a TA, it is A LOT! Luckily, I got everything that I think my son would want. He can’t talk yet, but I know he loves Mickey. I figure that’s a good start. This trip revolves entirely around him...then again, EVERYTHING I do revolves around him lol.

12/15 - LM room
- check in
- dinner at Sana’a at 5:40

12/16 - Animal Kingdom
- checkout/move to Nemo suite
-TH breakfast at 8:30
We got FP for Na’vi, Festival of the Lion King, and Kilimanjaro Safari.

12/17 - Magic Kingdom
- 10:30 ‘brunch’ at CP
We got early FP for Peter Pan, HM, and Enchanted Tales with Belle.
We also have tickets to MVMCP

12/18 - Epcot
- 5:30 dinner at Garden Grill
We got FP for Figment, Seas with Nemo, and FEA.

12/19 - Hollywood Studios
- 4:50 dinner at H&V Fantasmic
We got FP for TSM, Frozen sing along, and Disney Jr dance party.

12/20 - Disney Springs
- 11:15 lunch at Homecomin

As much as I love to ride, I didn’t want to use rider switch or even the single rider line for me or anything like that and risk missing any part of my sons first time at Disney. I guess that’s why our itinerary seems a bit on the boring side as far as the rides go. We only live an hour and a half away and already have another trip booked for February (that one is for me 🙂)

Does anyone know what the Animal Kingdom "digital value card" priced at $50 is all about....I understand it does come with 2 seats for 2nd showing of ROL (not in reserved seating area) and a $10 bonus card good at several QS for later in the day...but it doesn't appear to actually save any money on food items so once you purchase $50 worth of ind. food items thats it??? So is the value simply that you receive the extra $10 bonus card?

Does anyone know what the Animal Kingdom "digital value card" priced at $50 is all about....I understand it does come with 2 seats for 2nd showing of ROL (not in reserved seating area) and a $10 bonus card good at several QS for later in the day...but it doesn't appear to actually save any money on food items so once you purchase $50 worth of ind. food items thats it??? So is the value simply that you receive the extra $10 bonus card?

Hoping someone will answer this as we were really confused as well. WE figured the extra "value" was for the ROL seats and $10 card, but it was really unclear if you can use it earlier in the month of December or not. Also, if it's just $50 to spend, the "special" food items didn't have prices listed either.

So, pretty good fp day yesterday. I only had 4 days to get: arrival and departure 21 and 27, 22 but evening only as we are doing Ultimate Nights of Adventure Tour, and Christmas Day. I already schedule 23, 24 and 26 as club level fp days. I got FOP for 60+1 on 12/22 after Rivers of Light, so we get to ride twice that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter