~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

I have managed to convince DH that a trip to WDW in Dec. 2015 is possible so we are anticipating NOv. 30-Dec. 5, 2015. :banana:

When we went last October, we had free dining and LOVED it so we're hoping to get it again this trip. However, we're going to hold off booking our room until after the first of the year so we can finalize the dates. Last time we stayed at ASMu so DH would like to stay at Pop or ASMo but I have my heart set on CBR. We'll just have to see how the offers work out.

We've never been during Christmas, only Halloween and I've been during Easter (when they still had the televised parade) so this will be a new experience for us!

Our one and only trip (so far) was during Christmas, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

In other news, we've made a couple of decisions about our trip next year - even if we get free dining, we're not going to upgrade to deluxe dining, and we are instead going to use those funds to do a split stay, half in the RR at POR and half at WL.

While DH and I would dearly love to have the options deluxe dining would open for us, it doesn't seem like such a good idea to try to drag DD to two full sit-downs a day, with the travel between park/resort that it would entail. One TS and one QS a day will probably be all of the "non-park" time she'll put up with.

Doing the split stay lets DD and I have the RR for a bit, and when the novelty of the headboard wears off, We can move to WL, which is DH's favorite. I think it's a win-win. :)

For the first time, we will be visiting during Christmas! We are booked to be at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds from December 23rd until the 29th. I already know that we will be trying to do the Hoop De Doo, 'Ohana and Beaches and Cream if we can get ADRs, and I'm hoping that the Free Dining will be offered for some time in December because we want to add a few days before the 23rd by staying at AoA or Port Orleans! Soooooo excited. Never been there before at Christmas! We will be renting a motor home for staying at the campgrounds. I'm pinching myself! :hyper:
How excitiing! Welcome to the Dec 2015 thread, I've got you on the Roll Call! Let us know if your plans change, happy to update accordingly for you! :goodvibes

I have managed to convince DH that a trip to WDW in Dec. 2015 is possible so we are anticipating NOv. 30-Dec. 5, 2015. :banana:

When we went last October, we had free dining and LOVED it so we're hoping to get it again this trip. However, we're going to hold off booking our room until after the first of the year so we can finalize the dates. Last time we stayed at ASMu so DH would like to stay at Pop or ASMo but I have my heart set on CBR. We'll just have to see how the offers work out.

We've never been during Christmas, only Halloween and I've been during Easter (when they still had the televised parade) so this will be a new experience for us!
Hi, and welcome! I put you on the thread's Roll Call based on the information in your post above, rather than what's in your signature. ;) Let me know if you ever need an update!

Also, I've done that week in December and it's WONDERFUL. The crowds are low, but all the Christmas decorations and celebrations are going on. It's fantastic! :santa:

In other news, we've made a couple of decisions about our trip next year - even if we get free dining, we're not going to upgrade to deluxe dining, and we are instead going to use those funds to do a split stay, half in the RR at POR and half at WL.

While DH and I would dearly love to have the options deluxe dining would open for us, it doesn't seem like such a good idea to try to drag DD to two full sit-downs a day, with the travel between park/resort that it would entail. One TS and one QS a day will probably be all of the "non-park" time she'll put up with.

Doing the split stay lets DD and I have the RR for a bit, and when the novelty of the headboard wears off, We can move to WL, which is DH's favorite. I think it's a win-win. :)
That sounds like a GREAT plan, and definitely win-win! Let us know how it works out! :cutie:

Hi all! We are booked for Dec. 4th - 9th at the Polynesian. So excited as this is our first stay at the Poly and first trip to the world during the Christmas season. It will be myself, DH, DD16, DS9 and hopefully my DN 15. I have to ask her mom first and I hope she will let her come with. My DD would love to have someone her own age to pal around with. We would like to make it a longer trip, but it's during school so it will be a short and sweet magical break for the kids. We've booked the dining plan and scoped out the restaurants that will make it worthwhile. Now, I just need to get which parks for which days straight in my head and also make time to enjoy all those fabulous decorations.
Come on discounts for 2015. :cheer2:

Hi all! We are booked for Dec. 4th - 9th at the Polynesian. So excited as this is our first stay at the Poly and first trip to the world during the Christmas season. It will be myself, DH, DD16, DS9 and hopefully my DN 15. I have to ask her mom first and I hope she will let her come with. My DD would love to have someone her own age to pal around with. We would like to make it a longer trip, but it's during school so it will be a short and sweet magical break for the kids. We've booked the dining plan and scoped out the restaurants that will make it worthwhile. Now, I just need to get which parks for which days straight in my head and also make time to enjoy all those fabulous decorations.
Come on discounts for 2015. :cheer2:
Hi, Bamagirl43! What a wonderful plan! The Poly is so nice, and all the construction should be done by then! :thumbsup2

so, we're still going during the dates i mentioned before, december 23-29, and i have secured a magnificent rv!

torque-exterior.jpg

torque-interior.jpg

torque-kitchen.jpg

torque-bed.jpg

torque-outdoor-seating.jpg

the last pic is the screened in back patio....you can raise the back up and down when you need to.

torque-open.jpg

and maybe get a movie screen for outside...

outdoor-movie-theater.jpg

and hey, why not get the kinect and the fire pit too????:bitelip:

just a few pix (yeah, right!), but i'm really getting excited! never done the rv thing before and i'm just.....:faint:

so, we're still going during the dates i mentioned before, december 23-29, and i have secured a magnificent rv!

the last pic is the screened in back patio....you can raise the back up and down when you need to.

and maybe get a movie screen for outside...

and hey, why not get the kinect and the fire pit too????:bitelip:

just a few pix (yeah, right!), but i'm really getting excited! never done the rv thing before and i'm just.....:faint:
Holy cow! That's a really posh RV! :eek: How awesome, congratulations! :thumbsup2

Also! I just have to celebrate... I got back from WDW on 9/28. Yesterday, 10/1, I made this December 2015 trip a reality. Guess who went ahead and booked & deposited her next trip?

VqqG9kN6ry1fW.gif

Holy cow! That's a really posh RV! :eek: How awesome, congratulations! :thumbsup2

it is! i was so stunned about its affordability! it's the kind of 'camping' this girl can do. doing this, i can free up moola for deluxe dining! this girl is reeeaaaaallly begun to believe in the possibilities--i'd heard that camping on the fort would be really great, so i followed through and did the math. and it's a real great option.

i really like the chance to stay on property for the first time, and also participate in doing all the things the fort has to offer--archery, horseback riding, carriage rides, canoeing, boat and jet ski rentals, campfire roasting, movies under the stars, character meets, etc.... thought about swimming, but i'm not sure if december is going to have the weather suitable for that, but it won't keep my kids from wanting to do it! :beach:

Also! I just have to celebrate... I got back from WDW on 9/28. Yesterday, 10/1, I made this December 2015 trip a reality. Guess who went ahead and booked & deposited her next trip?

Congrats on the new booking! Hope you had a great trip.

.... thought about swimming, but i'm not sure if december is going to have the weather suitable for that, but it won't keep my kids from wanting to do it! :beach:
Honestly, bring your swimsuit, just in case. It's a crap-shoot during the winter in Florida. I've had trips where I was in shorts and t-shirt the whole time, and got plenty of pool time in. I've also had trips where it was freezing and I was running around Orlando looking for a place to buy some gloves because it was so freakin' cold. You just never know what you're gonna get down there Nov-Feb! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new booking! Hope you had a great trip.
Thanks so much! And yes, my trip was WONDERFUL! I can't believe tomorrow I'll have been back for a whole week. I can't waint to get back to WDW next year! :goodvibes

Just booked for Dec. 7-14 in a Junior Suite at CSR. So excited to have 2 bathrooms with 2 teenagers!! Can't wait!!:yay:

So about a week a go my DH mentioned that we should go to Disney next year (I was shocked)... If you guys knew my DH, he is not the Disney type, I usually end going with my parents or by myself. So we decided December 6 to around the 15th haven't set it in stone yet. We are planning on booking in January. Do you think they will have any discounts for December by then? We want to do the dinning plan, if we book our package with the dining plan and free dinning comes out can we call and get it changed?

Add me to the December 2015 gang! We can't book until January because we are DVC but we are planning to go Dec 27-Jan 4 and stay in a 2 bedroom at SSR. There are 8 of us going :)

445 days until we leave and 262 days until I can book ADRs! :)

just a quick question....does anyone know about whether or not free dining will happen again in december? i might just give up the campground if we can get free dining! my kids eat like wilderbeast in a famine, and i know we would save money if got free dining! never done it before, and the chance to ease up on cooking??? hey, it's a no brainer! anyone know??? :confused3

just a quick question....does anyone know about whether or not free dining will happen again in december? i might just give up the campground if we can get free dining! my kids eat like wilderbeast in a famine, and i know we would save money if got free dining! never done it before, and the chance to ease up on cooking??? hey, it's a no brainer! anyone know??? :confused3

Nobody will know until the time gets much closer. It's come out every year for the past few years, but it's never guaranteed. My TA friend insists Disney will eventually do away with that promotion, so all we can do is keep out fingers crossed and wait.

You can add us to the list! DH and I have a reszzie at BC from Dec 13-22 as a celebration overload trip: DH's bday is 12/17, it's just before our 4 year wedding anniversary, it marks the half way point in my doctoral degree and will serve as a "baby-moon" of sorts. ;)

Whoohoo! ....We've never stayed on-site before but we're doing it up!!!! :cool1: Can't wait to start the big planning! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter