*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

10 days to my ADRs. It's both exciting to have real plans and extremely frustrating since I know it all likelihood that with no park hours or dates for DAH, EMM and dessert parties, most of the ADRs I book are likely to change.

You should have park hours for most of your ADR days, although they can change sometimes up to a month before, but hopefully that helps a little bit.

We are going the first week of August and have been getting daily updates from Touring Plans for park hours. So far all the updates have MK closing an hour earlier at 9 instead of 10. I guess they are expecting lower crowds which is nice, but 9 is really early. Will be waiting to see if they change again.

We are going the first week of August and have been getting daily updates from Touring Plans for park hours. So far all the updates have MK closing an hour earlier at 9 instead of 10. I guess they are expecting lower crowds which is nice, but 9 is really early. Will be waiting to see if they change again.
It is VERY likely that those hours will be adjusted later, probably sometime around July, to a later closing time. In early August, I would expect 10 at least, even if there are lower crowds than normal.

It is VERY likely that those hours will be adjusted later, probably sometime around July, to a later closing time. In early August, I would expect 10 at least, even if there are lower crowds than normal.

Would the earlier close indicate something going on that night (DAH, a CM event, etc)?

Would the earlier close indicate something going on that night (DAH, a CM event, etc)?

I don’t think so. It seems they just put out standard hours and then adjust them when it gets closer.

Last year beginning of August DHS was open every night until 1030 - but that was because of toy story opening, so that’s not a time to assume IMO. AK closed at 9 every night and I was really hoping for later hours or extra hours but it didn’t happen during my two weeks
Epcot closed at 9 except for EMH which followed the standard pattern

MK - I don’t quite remember I think it closed at 10 on most nights. We did DAH on two nights and that started at 10- so park close was at 10 on those Saturdays ( yes DAH was on Saturday at MK last summer) We did a dessert party on a Sunday and that was 10 pm closing. I do remember that there were no EMH that went past midnight during the first two weeks of August

I’ll be there August 3-6 at Coronado! Anniversary weekend trip without the kiddos!

Roll Call has been updated.

Early closings for specific events would be just one night here and there. These hours are for the entire month. Disney does not release real hours at 180 days out. They release a schedule that they would be willing to keep even if attendance is awful. As we draw closer to the actual dates (typically, the month before) they will revise those hours, and add in what they feel comfortable with. It is possible that much closer to the actual dates, a week to just a day or so, they may revise the hours again.

Right now, we can be confident that the parks will be open at least as late as they say, and we can expect that there is a good chance that at least MK will stay open later than they have announced now. AK, and DHS may also change. Epcot, of course, will remain at a 9:00 closing.

Hello everyone! We are headed for our 3rd WDW trip August 11-18 staying at Pop! The past two years we have gone the week after Thanksgiving. Though I’m slightly concerned about the heat, we are super excited to go to the first MNSSHP of the year! We also are hoping to hit the DAH events, pending they work with our schedule. We may also checkout the H2O Glow Nights party as we have never been to a water park at WDW. Almost time for ADRs and we are already so excited!!!!

Wow, that is early for August! I bet they'll change it back, though.

Hello everyone! We are headed for our 3rd WDW trip August 11-18 staying at Pop! The past two years we have gone the week after Thanksgiving. Though I’m slightly concerned about the heat, we are super excited to go to the first MNSSHP of the year! We also are hoping to hit the DAH events, pending they work with our schedule. We may also checkout the H2O Glow Nights party as we have never been to a water park at WDW. Almost time for ADRs and we are already so excited!!!!

You've been added to the August Roll Call. It will indeed be hot, however, you will survive, and you will enjoy your trip, despite the heat. We are also planning on attending the first MNSSHP this year. We were fortunate enough to go to one last year, however, it rained a lot. Here is hoping this years party will be a bit drier for us :)

Wow, that is early for August! I bet they'll change it back, though.

I can't imagine 9:00 closing in August, except for perhaps the last couple of days of the month. I would fully expect MK to stay open until at least 10:00 for most of the month.

Hey everyone! Looking for opinions.. trying to figure out what park my fam will be at each of our 7 park days (we do not do park hopper). MK is def going to be 2 days, I'm up in the air about the other 3... do you think Epcot, HS & AK are 1 or 2 day parks?.. previous two times we've done MK 3 days and 1 day for the other parks.. but with the new Toy Story and Pandora I'm just not sure. Thanks a bunch!!

Hey everyone! Looking for opinions.. trying to figure out what park my fam will be at each of our 7 park days (we do not do park hopper). MK is def going to be 2 days, I'm up in the air about the other 3... do you think Epcot, HS & AK are 1 or 2 day parks?.. previous two times we've done MK 3 days and 1 day for the other parks.. but with the new Toy Story and Pandora I'm just not sure. Thanks a bunch!!

I love MK, but I also love Epcot, and AK is amazing with Pandora. I think with 7 days to spend, I would do 2 in MK, Epcot, and AK, and figure I could get DHS done in one day (honestly, we aren't even going to DHS. We will wait until Galaxy's Edge opens)

Looking at hours - do they ever run an EMH at MK the morning of a party? Or can I safely assume there will not be both events on the same day?
Along those same lines, do they the offer an EMH that day in another park?
(and just to be clear, I do mean the "free" EMH, not the paid event EMMs)

Looking at hours - do they ever run an EMH at MK the morning of a party? Or can I safely assume there will not be both events on the same day?
Along those same lines, do they the offer an EMH that day in another park?
(and just to be clear, I do mean the "free" EMH, not the paid event EMMs)

Last year we went to EMH on the Friday morning prior to Labor Day and they had MNSSHP that night.

Editing to add that they had the paid event EMM on Sunday and Tuesday that week and both were party days.

I think with 7 days to spend, I would do 2 in MK, Epcot, and AK, and figure I could get DHS done in one day

Thank you! I think that may be what we wind up doing, decided AK would def be 2 days.. and although I think we could tackle both Epcot and DHS in 1 day, the food options in Epcot make it a bit more interesting for a second day for us lol.. thank you for your input!
Also, can you please update roll call.. we check out on August 8th now instead of the 7th.. thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter