• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The No Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we're at it TR

Ooops! I was looking thru my mobile uploads and apparently I totally forgot that Friday night while at Downtown Disney the second time we hopped a boat and went up to PORS. This boat was not real fun though.. it was sooo loud and shaky..but it was a nice ride overall! It was nice to see PORS because I hadnt been there since 1999. We knew at this point if there was a bounceback and if we decided to book it we would be staying at PORS since they allow 5 people in 1 room!

380070_10151103364791655_1738684267_n.jpg

578531_10151103460776655_1112587475_n.jpg

Nice pictures. I love the AoA ones, I'm so excited to stay there next month. I forgot to mention earlier, I love your kids names.

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your trip. We stayed at the BWV Sept 18-25. We were scared of the pool too, but it was great! We didn't even have any "kids" with us! I'm the youngest at 23. Loved the Boardwalk!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about your trip. We stayed at the BWV Sept 18-25. We were scared of the pool too, but it was great! We didn't even have any "kids" with us! I'm the youngest at 23. Loved the Boardwalk!

yep..the pool was awesome..best one we've ever used!

Adult beverages make for a better trip!! DH & I drank the most we have ever drank at WDW this year since we have had our kids. :littleangel:

I've been asked if and why we loved the Boardwalk..well here ya go all of this post is why we fell in LOVE with this place!

The grounds are gorgeous:
089_zps0b5ba1c2.jpg

We found this great place that by how many people were in it not many people took advantage of. This is the Community House.. and it's included.. and it's great!! It was raining again so we found it in perfect time!

090_zps1eb28b4c.jpg

091_zps756bf6d4.jpg

after a little time there it was almost time for the campfire.. so we headed off towards the pool..and spotted this:

092_zpsc35057b5.jpg

093_zps4d008029.jpg

The kids thought the ducks in the pool was great!

campfire time.. loved this.. the CM's for Children's activities at the Boardwalk were AMAZING..the one fanning the fire was exceptional..
094_zps6305eb2e.jpg

095_zpsd7314f31.jpg

Next we hit the actual Boardwalk ( I highly recommend visiting it...we had such a good time!!)

Snack time.. and u will see that when all else fails..feed Taejan..lol
098_zps0e297cea.jpg

First entertainer.. this guy was good!
099_zps39c5cb5e.jpg

Ziah got picked to be part of it. Now my daughter is painfully shy ( like her daddy..certainly not like me or the 3 boys..lol) and this trip we saw her really come out of her shell. I was so pleased to see her participate.. normally she would have growled ( yes..that's right..my kid growls) and left to stand with us..
100_zps91889884.jpg

101_zps74204f2b.jpg

Up next we watched this guy.. Taejan is squimish so we didnt watch for too long..lol
104_zps916ea907.jpg

105_zpsf589239d.jpg

Next it was back to the Community House...

Air Hockey anyone?
107_zps5dea96ab.jpg

Taejan was being less than stellar so he and I took a room break for about 30 minutes until he could act like a 7 year old!
Once his little break was over he was in a hurry to get back to the Community House.
108_zps6bbfbc3d.jpg

darn creepy chairs..those things are way worse than the pool..lol
109_zps29beb85c.jpg

When we got there they were playing bingo.my 2 and I think 3 other kids..that's IT. The prizes? Board games.. seriously people..this is included ( not all activities are free...but Bingo was!).
110_zps1bf5b6cb.jpg

Taejan decided he just wanted some kid time and played with the abundance of toys:
112_zpsb497d530.jpg

next thing I know Ziah WON.. and she picked up the one game we didn't already have at home..lol ( we own over 100 board games..I have issues)
113_zps5e6c5914.jpg

She was done and went and played while Declan tried to win black out:
115_zps381b9391.jpg

Declan wanted to win so bad he could taste it and the CM ( tedi?) was playing him and teasing him..it was epic.. she was soo darn funny! Well he won.. the last prize.. and he proceeded to give it to the other little girl that hadn't won anything. My heart swelled.. def proud mama moment!

Now it was about time to head back outside to the Boardwalk.. mama wanted to see Illuminations , well what ya can from there..lol
116_zpsaef6eef6.jpg

120_zpsdfad8480.jpg

121_zps7cee04a5.jpg

as it all ended we saw some paper flying over the water..and yep.. I made my way to it and grabbed it before anyone else..I'm almost certain I didn't crush any children but my own..just sayin.. so now I have a very happy 10 year old who has his own piece of Illuminations ( and if it isnt ,well tell him and feel my wrath..cus that kid is HAPPY..a rare thing..lol).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/semicrunchimaof3/Disney2012day3/122_zps394a4c85.jpg

after this we called it a night.. off to bed!

Adult beverages make for a better trip!! DH & I drank the most we have ever drank at WDW this year since we have had our kids. :littleangel:

Amen.. last year we didnt take much down time.. seriously the pools at the Deluxes and mods are just easier to chill at...this year we had a ton of down time and I took advantage!

Day 4.. Sunday Sept 16th:

I had 2 goals and 2 goals only for this day.. ride the Avengers Monorail and get to that darn geyser! Now I want to forewarn u all..I was def not good about pictures all the time..sigh.. the further into the trip we got the less I took and I never once took my Rebel DSLR out of the room(s).

So we slept in and got up, got showered and headed out.. we are yet again MK bound..but wait wait.. someone spots a pin they just MUST have..
001_zpsb06dc0ce.jpg

Silly me really doesn't know much about the Monorail other than get on it..go to O'hana or chef mickeys or 1900 park fare..lol.. so we get on it... we did want to go over to The Contemporary anyway so we stopped there:

we looked all around the shops and such:
002_zps70111baf.jpg

went outside to see the view:
um..pretty darn awesome view!
003_zpsca35589a.jpg

took it to TTC.. me thinking that the Avengers rail was on the Epcot loop ( not sure why I thought that since I SAW it at MK..but I knew it wasnt on the track we took to CR)
004_zpsad542809.jpg

got all the way to Epcot and um.. so we now need to go thru bag check to get back on cus silly silly me was apparently clueless..LOL. We do that go back up.. and I finally decided to ask a CM.. Im informed it's on the express line..so off we go to find it..lol

SCORE we found our way to the right track.. I asked the CM on the platform if we could wait until The Avengerrail arrived to load.. he said sure..so we went all the way to the front on the left and just waited.. 2 monorails later and score..and mind you..my kids thought it was epic a "chick" was driving the Avengerrail!
005_zps5ef1ecc3.jpg

006_zpseb312a98.jpg

550545_10151105226811655_817799219_n.jpg

Happy mama..and happy kids! we got to see some great views:
007_zpsff84116f.jpg

then it was time to go complete goal #2 for the day...the Geyser!

Up next.. do we get to see the geyser in action??

Mission #1 was complete..so once we were back at MK we hopped the boat once again over to WL. This time we met a really nice couple and my kids got some awesome pins in trades!

We got over there and this is what we see:
008_zps46fa6a66.jpg

Did we miss it? Taejan was not budging until we knew!
009_zps08c06cd6.jpg

Eric went and got a snack and some drinks and we all waited and finally:
015_zps058f393a.jpg

and of course this:
016_zps5bfcf51e.jpg

once we were done we headed back to the boat dock..there was a long line so we ended up talking to these guys:
017_zps793162c3.jpg

Apparently right before we got there they caught a fish and an otter came and took it right off the line..would have loved to see that!

The gentlemen in the hat was very chatty and the kids thought he was great..he told them the guy directly behind the CM ( can only see the back of his head) helped build Disney.. wish I knew who he was!
018_zps3e81c3ca.jpg

On the boat and heading back to MK:
020_zpsb41c303a.jpg

We got on a bus back to BW and before we left the driver gave the kids some transportation cards..they had started collecting them the day before:
021_zps40f59665.jpg

Once we were back Declan begged to do the Surrey bike.. I did NOT want to. I did this in 1999 and still remember how hard they are to pedal uphill..lol. we relented though:
023_zps9334dbec.jpg

I gave Declan the camera and he took some scenery shots:
025_zpsb6d422ae.jpg

I was waiting for the two of them to start fighting. We call them oil and water and we never ever put them so close together intentionally..

026_zpse018a38e.jpg

027_zps495851f4.jpg

028_zps2d43fc97.jpg

029_zps05bfd893.jpg

030_zps3eef8724.jpg

031_zps23c970e7.jpg

032_zps1aa04202.jpg

033_zps1e0312a8.jpg

034_zpsa708c713.jpg

035_zpsf27adc3f.jpg

036_zps0c35e015.jpg

037_zps84b4b289.jpg

Up next...chill time..kinda

I was really bad at keeping up with your PTR, but hopefully I can do better with the TR. First off, congrats to you, Noah and his girlfriend!

I love how you spent the first three days exploring DTD and some resorts, as well as chilling by the pool and in the community house!

Well after the Surrey Bike of Death ( which we did TWO circuits on...omg my legs hated me for days!) we headed back to the room and found this:
038_zpsecd2eb23.jpg

039_zpsd9aac7d3.jpg

it's not anything special but my kids love seeing whatever Mousekeeping does with all their Stuff!

It was then time for the pool. We went down..snagged a table..and yes a few adult beverages.. the pool games were going on and I honestly felt so bad for the CM's...no kids wanted to play.

The song from Declan's latest hip hop dance was on and Declan strutted his stuff.. I thought I had video's this but apparently I just took pictures..fyi my boy can dance ( has been since he was 3).
040_zps690fe349.jpg

041_zpsc507d63a.jpg

043_zps126cdf2d.jpg

Next they got to playing games:
044_zpseb134bc8.jpg

The CM's unloaded the water on my kids..twice..LOL..I laughed!
050_zps35244cfc.jpg

051_zpsa629ed4a.jpg

See that foot? right there is where we lost Taejan and I was wishing I had had more than one adult beverage..or maybe I was wishing I could pretend he wasn't mine.. sigh
049_zps09aaa6f3.jpg

and we have full rotten mood.. well it was his first actual meltdown.. and anyone that read last years report knows I could fill and album with meltdown pictures..lol:
054_zps2d36d1b9.jpg

and it was over almost as fast as it came on and he was back in the pool playing:
055_zps4c11dcc6.jpg

056_zpsf821e45c.jpg

This game did not go well.. when the kids were in the pool finding the toys other kids were stealing their piles..all 3 of mine ended up losing their entire piles..one to a darn adult..I was sickened!
058_zps36308598.jpg

Ziah made a friend..and they played together all day.
061_zpsc2d6d1bf.jpg

More games!
062_zpsb460a0ac.jpg

at this point the pool was packed and we decided to head to the quiet pool near our room:
064_zps9f4078f0.jpg

066_zps4d3d393b.jpg

069_zpsf2b4068b.jpg

After this we went down to the Boardwalk ( hit the camp fire again too)and had a very noisy not great food dinner at the Brew works...we will not be returning there!
We wandered and watched the various entertainers. One was so funny with getting the kids to play a song on chimes.. and we played games and then crashed for the night...

Up next.. POFQ!

I was really bad at keeping up with your PTR, but hopefully I can do better with the TR. First off, congrats to you, Noah and his girlfriend!

I love how you spent the first three days exploring DTD and some resorts, as well as chilling by the pool and in the community house!

Thank you and yea..those 3 days were great!

Okay before we switch resorts ( and add people to the group) I wanted to chime in about The Boardwalk Inn.

Loved it.. yep..totally loved it. I got the rooms at a 30% room only discount so it was cheaper for the 5 of us to stay there than to add 2 nights to our POFQ reservation so that's why we did it. It was a toss up between that and YC&BC but the pool over there is actually what turned me off.. at the time of booking Taejan was not a strong swimmer and I didn't want to worry.

I was def nervous about not being "deluxe" types.. we are just every day people.. that was def not an issue. Oh and for those that say there isnt wild kids ar deluxes..um.. could have fooled me..lol

The room was nice..very nice..BUT I felt it had a lot of wasted space.. The giant glass doors to a tiny tiny (open) patio on the ground floor.. total waste. so that whole felt like wasted space to me. We never once sat on the patio.. maybe if we had anything besides ground floor we would have? Then the bathroom/vanity area..a whole big bunch of space that was odd. I def prefer the bathroom all the way on the end like in the exterior hallway rooms.

The couch was def a good thing.. we opened it into a bed and Declan had a place to sleep..he said it was perfectly comfy.

The grounds..well they are amazing, the proximity to the Boardwalk ( ha ha..) was mega great. We spent a lot of time in the gardens, on the Boardwalk and then of course at the amazing pool. Hands down best pool my kids have ever been to they said! The staff was great.. even when a certain child of mine clogged then overflowed the toilet.lol. The community house ( do all deluxe resorts have em??) was icing in the cake for us..we used this..a lot!
oh here I am as the kids were playing games on Sunday..forgot to put this in the above post:
229866_10151105633186655_210989162_n.jpg

and one from the campfire before the community house..lol
156168_10151105740491655_1185531338_n.jpg

The thing is..as much as we loved it..I would am not sure if I'd ever stay there if I was planning on being in the parks. The cost is nearly twice what staying at a moderate would be. I can't stomach that knowing I won't be taking advantage of all the extra's they have there.Heck if we didn't need 2 rooms at the values ( and I dont want more expensive suite) I wouldnt even stay at a Mod if I was going to be in the parks all day. This is def just my take on it. We figure we can fit the 5 of us in PORS for a few more trips. Once they are bigger I will def revisit the BWi ( or something sim) that will allow 5 to a room.

I would stay there again if we decided to do a split stay with no park days ( but I would do those at the end of the trip next time). Yes the convenience is there.. walk to 2 of 4 parks.. that I would def enjoy. But when we priced out 10 days at BWI with free dining verses 12 nights at PORS the difference was crazy ( for us). And yes..we need free dining.. one thing those 3 days paying out of pocket for food for 5 people ( and being very careful btw) is that food is pricey and the free dining outweighs ANY room only discount we could get :)

So there's my take on it.. take it for what it is..lol

Just joining in! Love your report so far. We stayed at BLT on our last trip, and they had a community room. We didn't use it, though. We thought our then 3 and 5 year old would rather just swim while we were at the resort. Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

Just joining in! Love your report so far. We stayed at BLT on our last trip, and they had a community room. We didn't use it, though. We thought our then 3 and 5 year old would rather just swim while we were at the resort. Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

:)

Very early Monday morning we got up.. got our stuff together and said good bye to The Boardwalk. We hopped in the van, pointed the GPS towards POFQ and soon we were there. It was about 8:10 am... could our luck hold out and could BOTH rooms be ready? Hummmm.....

Oh and I had heard from Noah that at 6:15 they were boarded on the plane!

Yep..oh my..we get there, go to check in and they are BOTH ready..and my oh my did we get hooked up! Now when we made the ressies the only level available was garden view..I did NOT want to pay more for the room..I;m s standard view kinda gal..but it's what it was. Well I am now kinda glad we had to..lol.. we were in building 5.. rooms 5107 and 5108. Ground floor again!! And bonus..unlike last year we had connecting rooms! We were directly across from the laundry and spa, a 90 second walk to the pool and food court..SCORE!

our room:
001_zps430d8659.jpg

002_zps991defdc.jpg

Noah and my moms rooms:
003_zpsbe007233.jpg

004_zpse2d00087.jpg

Once we checked out the room we went and got our refill mugs ( 3 colors..seriously??) and food..we were starving and not having to PAY for it was a relief!
222122_10151106379441655_144950147_n.jpg

After Eric and bell services brought all our stuff I decorated our window while the kids got their swim suits on:
408892_10151107668826655_533543372_n.jpg

Not too many people did this in any area we saw.. oh well..ours just got more and more decorated by the day...lol

Next I got the text that the plane had landed. I took the kids over to the pool..my lovely husband took his luggage to the laundry.

This is one of "those" lessons people. See my husband loves hard cider... he and Taejan work at Eric's bosses orchard and help make it and that means we always have giant bottles around. Bright love of my life wanted to bring some with him..ok cool.Well he picked a still and a sparkling..even after his boss and I both warned him about the sparkling and a 1280 mile drive and 85+ temps. I had to be a you know what and didn't let him pack it in the van near anyone's items..so he out it in his luggage.. and didn't touch it ..so from Thursday AM until Monday Am it was packed in my van with the movement and the changing temps. Yep..you guessed it...it exploded..no idea when..I had thought he brought it in the rooms at each resort ( cus thats what I would have done..lol) but nope. SO he had a very nice mess and no clean clothes left ( we packed oddly so we had a bag for the 4 days before POFQ and then each had a bag for the rest of the trip..it was in his rest of the trip bag).

So while he was doing laundry and waiting for it ( and those dryers run more than 30 minutes despite the sign!) the kids swam.. Noah and my mom got on DME ( and I reveled in being RIGHT...na na na na)
005_zps8d04087e.jpg

Now my kids went from being Clown vomit to serpent vomit...
006_zps82b2b97d.jpg

007_zps21b20234.jpg

008_zps9248b80f.jpg

009_zps6ebc99a4.jpg

So this pool was cool.. the music was nice ( ha ha that would change...believe me). The kids liked the slide but it was a one star slide to the BWI's 5 star slide..lol I ,over the course of the trip, found the pool very difficult to relax at. There is no spot that gives you a good view of the whole pool. I am glad my kids are great swimmers and that the lifeguards are amazing at Disney pools ( and they put up with a lot of dense people!).

So now I hear from Noah that he and my mom are HERE. The plan was to chill in the rooms until like 3pm. They had been up since 3am.. but soon they settled in and were itching to go..well we still had to wait for Eric's laundry.

Very soon we were heading off to Magic Kingdom.. I was so excited I was doing back handsprings..in my head..cus if I tried to actually DO a back handspring I'd be in a pile of broken bones when I stopped..just sayin.

Up next..MK..FINALLY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter