The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ltl Mermaid said:
Can anyone help me with this question :confused3 ?? Anyone, please? ;) I want to book it tonight! Thanks, here's the question again!
Hey all...I am going to be booking a room at the WL for December ( my boyfriend and I are celebrating 4 years together ) and was wondering if anybody could help me out. We are looking for a courtyard room with 1 king bed that either has a view of MK/fireworks (preferred) or a view of Bay Lake. A higher room number would be great too. What should I request when I make my ressie so I can have the best chance of getting these specifics? I don't know the "terminology" to use to better my chances ! Thanks SO much in advance!

We've never had a king bed, so I'm not familiar with where they are located. Remember, even after you book your room you can always call back and have requests added or changed. I do that all the time! From seeing what you want, I would word it this way (put it in your order of preference):
King bed; North wing; 6th floor; Hoping to see castle and fireworks. To have this side of the resort you would need to book woods view. Some standard view rooms are also on this wing, but will be overlooking the loading area. Courtyard view rooms have beautiful views of Bay Lake. If you book that category request inner courtyard view because views of the villas are also considered courtyard.

Good Luck!

Ltl Mermaid]I am going to be booking a room at the WL for December and was wondering if anybody could help me out. We are looking for a courtyard room with 1 king bed that either has a view of MK/fireworks (preferred) or a view of Bay Lake. A higher room number would be great too. What should I request when I make my ressie so I can have the best chance of getting these specifics? I don't know the "terminology" to use to better my chances!

Ltl Mermaid

First the Courtyard View rooms all overlook, either the inter-courtyard and Bay Lake, or the pool over at the Villas. If you book the Courtyard View please request the inter-courtyard on your request.

If you would rather try for the view that faces the Magic Kingdom you need to book Wood View North Wing over looking the Otter pond 5th floor. I said 5th floor as Smoking rooms are 6th floor, Building "B", North Wing. This would be Woodsview and inner Courtyard. If you want a smoking optional room request 6th floor.

As for the King-size bed request just that King-size bed. About 37 Lodge rooms with King beds double as the barrier-free (handicap-accessible) rooms and have a large shower with no tub.
* Note there are more then 37 rooms with King size beds, So yes there are regular King size bed rooms with full baths.

Ltl Mermaid said:
I was hoping to get some person to person advice on this thread, but I guess no one is willing to give it. And here I was thinking that was the whole point of having discussion boards like this. I guess I will just figure it out myself.....thanks a bunch fellow DISers

The only thing I can say to your second post is...Sorry I wasn't on-line...but most all the information you requested is located one Page 1 of this thread. We try very hard to keep all the information current for new guest to the Lodge. If you would just read the first few post you'll have more knowledge than most guest that have stayed at the Lodge numerous times. The information is there but ya have to read it.

Beckie

from the brginning of the thread

*Posted by HLAuburn We were upgraded to a courtyard from a standard. We were assigned one of the illusive king rooms with a tub (4129). Great location, great view, nice room, no complaints whatsoever.

Alicnwondrln said:
Theres a WL room map thing in the thread I dont remember where. I read all 200 pages this week for our august trip there.

Kelly

Not sure if you needed the map or if you were trying to help Ltl Mermaid. Either way just click on the link below and it will take you to the room-Layout (This is also located on page 1)

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

Ok, let me try again - questions only this time. :teeth:

1) I paid full price for the package (w/ dining) as there were no AAA rooms available. I'm anxiously awaiting the FL Res discounts to see if they come out with anything good. How are people still getting AAA discount rooms? Should I book now for Dec. 2007 to get a chance for a AAA discounted room?

2) I've read a few posts here mentioning specific CMs in the CL and emailing them back and forth. I thought if you sent an email to the wdw.wlodge.itinerary email address that you aren't dealing with the CMs in the lounge. How do you contact the CMs in the CL directly?

3) If I've already booked my room and made all my ADRs myself, what would the itinerary planners be able to do for me before my trip?

4) Will the CMs in the CL be able to help me select a room with a good view?

5) Has anyone bought one of the Giant Sequoia trees in the gift shop? I bought one last time we went and planted it with my DS3. I plan to get another one for my new DS this year. It will be something they will each have forever to commerate their first trips there. I sure wish they grew faster! The trees, not my DSs that is!

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone stayed on the CL and NOT had a view they enjoyed? I'm afraid of getting stuck with a view of the villas and nothing too exciting. It would be a big letdown compared to the bear face room we had last year (we didn't stay in CL last year).

GatorEye said:
Has anyone stayed on the CL and NOT had a view they enjoyed? I'm afraid of getting stuck with a view of the villas and nothing too exciting. It would be a big letdown compared to the bear face room we had last year (we didn't stay in CL last year).

GatorEye

Sorry I missed your first post but I'm going back through your questions and try and answer them. I'm slow so give me a few minutes.
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
GatorEye

Sorry I missed your first post but I'm going back through your questions and try and answer them. I'm slow so give me a few minutes.
Beckie

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! Check out post #3030 - the last post on page 202 for my trip summary from last year and where I first posted them.

GatorEye said:

GatorEye,
This July will be our 4th stay in CL. My experience has been that the CMs work really hard to make sure you're happy with your room. I understand your concern about the view. I've realized that the view is more important to me than bunk beds! I discovered this on our 2nd stay in CL when we were given a bunk bed room, but it faced the villas. Well, I was sooo disappointed because I couldn't see the lake. When I asked if there was an inner courtyard view room, I was told none were available with a bunk bed, but one would open up the next day. They moved us as soon as that room was ready and it was fabulous. The balcony was right by the waterfall...ahhhh. Now I always request north wing, inner courtyard. I'm hoping they can fulfill my requests for our trip this July.

I know you'll love CL. It's so relaxing to sit up by the balcony while you eat breakfast and gaze down at the beautiful Christmas tree in December or watch the activity in the evening while sipping wine.

GatorEye said:
1) I paid full price for the package (w/ dining) as there were no AAA rooms available. I'm anxiously awaiting the FL Res discounts to see if they come out with anything good. How are people still getting AAA discount rooms? Should I book now for Dec. 2007 to get a chance for a AAA discounted room?
GatorEye

OK may not be much help...I have never purchased a package never will...Sorry...:confused3 As a fellow Floridian I think that they will have a Florida Resident rate for your dates, they have in the past. There may not be standard rooms available at the Wilderness Lodge or they may only have selet resorts with discounts.

People are still receiving AAA discounts because they either are staying at resorts that still have rooms available or the dates they are staying are still available...It's a good chance there will be AAA rates available for December 2007 but way to early for them to be booked.

2) I've read a few posts here mentioning specific CMs in the CL and emailing them back and forth. I thought if you sent an email to the wdw.wlodge.itinerary email address that you aren't dealing with the CMs in the lounge. How do you contact the CMs in the CL directly?
First you have to book Concierge and at first you will only communicate with the itineraty group. After that you will recieve the CM's at the Lodge contact information. If you want to speak with a Cast Member at the Lodge you could just call the main # and request concierge floor.
3) If I've already booked my room and made all my ADRs myself, what would the itinerary planners be able to do for me before my trip?
If you have completed all your plans not much...they are great at rearranging plans if they need to be changed, and other personal request.
4) Will the CMs in the CL be able to help me select a room with a good view?
Yes ::yes:: they will assist you in this before or even after you arrive.
5) Has anyone bought one of the Giant Sequoia trees in the gift shop? I bought one last time we went and planted it with my DS3. I plan to get another one for my new DS this year. It will be something they will each have forever to commerate their first trips there. I sure wish they grew faster! The trees, not my DSs that is!
No I have never purchased one of the trees. How large is your first tree now?
Has anyone stayed on the CL and NOT had a view they enjoyed? I'm afraid of getting stuck with a view of the villas and nothing too exciting. It would be a big letdown compared to the bear face room we had last year.
Each of my stays at concierge at the Lodge my rooms have been located in the North Wing with a view of the Magic Kingdom...so we loved the the view. Now when staying in the Courtyard View the Bear Face Rooms on the 4th floor are my favorite.
Beckie

mouseketeerwannabe said:
GatorEye,
This July will be our 4th stay in CL. My experience has been that the CMs work really hard to make sure you're happy with your room. I understand your concern about the view. I've realized that the view is more important to me than bunk beds! I discovered this on our 2nd stay in CL when we were given a bunk bed room, but it faced the villas. Well, I was sooo disappointed because I couldn't see the lake. When I asked if there was an inner courtyard view room, I was told none were available with a bunk bed, but one would open up the next day. They moved us as soon as that room was ready and it was fabulous. The balcony was right by the waterfall...ahhhh. Now I always request north wing, inner courtyard. I'm hoping they can fulfill my requests for our trip this July.

I know you'll love CL. It's so relaxing to sit up by the balcony while you eat breakfast and gaze down at the beautiful Christmas tree in December or watch the activity in the evening while sipping wine.

Currently I've requested Courtyard (not inner) and 2 queens since my sons aren't old enough for bunk beds. So you think I need to request INNER to guarantee a decent view?

Currently I have a room only reservation for our first day there. Then 5 more nights after that as the package. I'm hoping, if the view isn't any good, I can change rooms the next day. If the view is good, I'm hoping I can convince them to let me stay in that room. :teeth:

I'm really curious to know how people are contacting the CMs on the CL directly. The email I got back today from the itinerary planner was very discouraging. I asked a bunch of questions in the email I returned with the Word document and she didn't even acknowledge them. It was one line - "We have received your Itinerary Planner. We will email you once we have completed your requests." Since I didn't make any requests and made all my ADRs myself I assume I won't be hearing back from them. Any suggestions?

GatorEye

As your first contact with the planners isn't with the Cast Members at the Lodge you will just have to wait. They have a procedures that must be done first before your information is given over to the Lodge. There have been other post on the DIS boards that have said E-mails have been slow and they aren't receiveing answers back at many other resorts. Maybe they are short handed because a member is on vacation.

Most of the guest that speak of the CM by name that work at the concierge floor at the Lodge, would be after their vist and we have meet them.

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
GatorEye

As your first contact with the planners isn't with the Cast Members at the Lodge you will just have to wait. They have a procedures that must be done first before your information is given over to the Lodge. There have been other post on the DIS boards that have said E-mails have been slow and they aren't receiveing answers back at many other resorts. Maybe they are short handed because a member is on vacation.

Most of the guest that speak of the CM by name that work at the concierge floor at the Lodge, would be after their vist and we have meet them.

Beckie

That's what I was figuring.

Basically I was looking to see if they knew the movie times at FW for the first week of December and also wanted to know if they had carriage rides at the lodge that I could reserve ahead of time. I guess I could just wait until check in and work with the CMs at the WL since everyone speaks so highly of them, but I was hoping to do some advance planning.

I am SO regretting not transferring to resorts when I worked there 20 years ago. I was looking at trying to get into FW at the time. Imagine where I could have been now. :sad1:

GatorEye said:
Currently I've requested Courtyard (not inner) and 2 queens since my sons aren't old enough for bunk beds. So you think I need to request INNER to guarantee a decent view?

GatorEye,
Since you loved your "Bear's Face" room. I'm assuming part of what you enjoyed was being able to look out and see Bay Lake. So, yes, I would specify "inner courtyard" on your request because they do consider most of the rooms facing the villlas and the quiet pool to be courtyard views as well. Many people enjoy this view, just as some want to see a glimpse of the castle or fireworks on the other side. I, however, need to see the lake and listen to the waterfall.

As for contacting the CMs on the floor directly, I've never had that experience. The advance itinerary planners have always been different than the floor CMs. The three years I have been there, I've gotten to know Jack and Mike on the floor and Diane in mousekeeping. I'm hoping they are still there, but I know people do move around. Diane will make amazing towel animals and go out of her way to add some Pixie Dust to your stay especially if you have talked to her and introduced your family. (She's worked the north wing the years I've been there.)

There are some things you can have the itinerary planners do besides making ADRs. For example, I have asked if they could arrange to have an autographed picture of Mickey with something written on it such as, "Looking forward to seeing you" sent to the little boy we're taking with us this trip. I've also used them to make hard to get reservations such as the pirate cruise. For my daughter's sixteenth birthday last December at the Grand Floridian, I gave concierge my credit card number and had them order a "castle cake." Sometimes I don't need their help with anything, but that doesn't take away from the value of concierge level for me.

Oh, by the way, besides noting my room requests on my reservation, I always email them to the itinerary planner also. I figure it can't hurt.

MAGICinMYHEART said:
GatorEye

No I have never purchased one of the trees. How large is your first tree now?

Beckie

I lost the planting instructions when I planted it with my DS3 and figured, "how hard could it be?". Well sure enough all the needles fell off and it turned brown. I was about to toss it and order a replacement through mail order when I found the instructions. I dug it up and soaked the roots for several hours which I had neglected to do the first time. Within a week I saw new growth and now it's doing great. It's about twice as tall, but has a lot more branches to it. My DS3 says it's thirsty and needs to go water it every once in a while. I won't make the same mistake with the one I get for my newborn in Dec.

I think it would be a great contrast to all the palm trees down here although I'm not sure how it will handle the hurricanes. Another reason to love the WL!

mouseketeerwannabe said:
GatorEye,
Since you loved your "Bear's Face" room. I'm assuming part of what you enjoyed was being able to look out and see Bay Lake. So, yes, I would specify "inner courtyard" on your request because they do consider most of the rooms facing the villlas and the quiet pool to be courtyard views as well. Many people enjoy this view, just as some want to see a glimpse of the castle or fireworks on the other side. I, however, need to see the lake and listen to the waterfall.

As for contacting the CMs on the floor directly, I've never had that experience. The advance itinerary planners have always been different than the floor CMs. The three years I have been there, I've gotten to know Jack and Mike on the floor and Diane in mousekeeping. I'm hoping they are still there, but I know people do move around. Diane will make amazing towel animals and go out of her way to add some Pixie Dust to your stay especially if you have talked to her and introduced your family. (She's worked the north wing the years I've been there.)

I did enjoying seeing the lake and the ELP and also the geyser in the foreground from the room. The stream and waterfall was broken when we were there so I couldn't really enjoy that. I guess it would be cool to see the castle, but honestly I don't think we will be in the room when the fireworks are happening so I'm not sure it will be a big deal. My DS3 LOVES the monorail, but he wouldn't be able to see it anyway because everyone says the balcony wall is too high.

Personally I loved the direct view of the lobby - the Christmas tree and the musicians right from our door. It was awesome and that's what I'm afraid of losing on the CL. I guess we'll just have to try it this year and if we are disappointed, try for one of the Bear Face rooms again in '07.

I can't wait to get there as everyone seems to say the CMs really try to make your stay special. Any suggestions for an anniversary? Last year I had ballons and a card signed by Mickey waiting for my DW at the room, but would like to do something better than that for her this year.

dizneykid said:
I know some of you are looking for views for the rooms in the Club Level. These rooms are both queen bed rooms. Now, I looked into room 7059 and that was bunkbed room (inner courtyard).

Here is the view from Club Level Room 7057 (Inner Courtyard):

494257057_View.jpg

Here is the view from Club Level Room 7056 (WoodsView):

494257056_View.jpg

I posted this a while back, here are two room views from the CL, one is from the WoodsView and one is from InnerCourtYard View. I have some more if anyone is interested. :thumbsup2

Hello WL lovers :wave:

In regards to my CL experience last year and this year. Your first contact with the WL CL staff is the "word" document they ask you to fill out and return..this contains your info, requests etc, I don't know who originates that. Every time I've emailed them after that, I have emailed directly with a WL CL CM (got all those abbreviations straight :rotfl: ) They have always gotten back to me within a day, and answered all of my questions. I have to say with this current trip..I probably have 10 emails back and forth regarding my requests..room rehab info..room view info..ADR requests and changes..etc. One time she forgot to answer one of my questions..I emailed her back and she apologized she overlooked it..and answered it. I've emailed with Jeffrey, Brandon, Lynette and Trish..though have only met Jeffrey and Brandon, so the people you do email with, are some who are directly there. They do also give you a phone # if you want to contact them that way..but I like to organize my emails in a special folder..so I prefer email.

I know that last year when my request was a bunk bed room, woods view, north wing..I didn't get the woods view, but a Courtyard view. As I told them if I couldn't get a north wing/woods...I wanted a Courtyard view which looked down upon the main Courtyard, not the Villa's Courtyard. They gave me a Courtyard view in the North Wing which overlooked the main Courtyard. I was told at the time (this was last year)..there is only ONE bunk bed room in the north wing which is woodsview, and it was taken and since I had bunks as my first request, they wanted to fulfill that request first. So this trip, I asked for a bunkbed room, main Courtyard view. I specifically told them I did not want a Villa's view. It'll be interesting to see what I get :) It is unfortunate you cannot pay for a standard/woods/courtyard up there..as I would be more than willing to do so. What I would do is tell them I would like this view..but if not available..I would like this view. Give them your 2nd choice, in case your 1st cannot be met.

As most of you have said....I have found the CM's up there to be nothing but pleasant, engaging and full of Disney magic! They are always willing to help me and answer all of my questions. I most certainly was not someone who thought she would ever want to do Concierge..as I felt that I wasn't going to pay that much for a limited food/drink array..then I found out it really wasn't about that..it was about atmosphere. If you think you can't top the atmosphere at the WL..try staying CL there :goodvibes :love: :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter