The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you really walk from OKW? I am so directionally challenged I cannot even imagine where the start is in relation to anything. I think it is time to break out a big map! I think I am going to try for 7 month availability at BCV or BWV if they are host resorts again this year but if I can walk from OKW, I might just be happy there! We won't have a car so that is a big consideration.

Now I am wondering if I could take 2 personal days so we could come home Tuesday instead. Low crowds at the parks sound so nice since we usually travel in the summer months!

Do it!! (I am such a pusher!) :)

I believe you can walk, yes. I am somewhat directionally challenged as well, but with Google maps I think I have worked out how you can do it. I know a bunch of Princesses walked from POFQ/POR last year and had no issues, but I'm somewhat afraid of the "Disney police" trying to bar you from doing so.

Also, you wouldn't have bag check, or in our case the beer cooler in the car for after...

I recommend adding days to the end rather than the beginning, if you are planning on some park touring days. I usually fly in on Fri and back on Tues.

There are two reasons for touring the following Mon/Tues rather than Thurs - one, you won't tire yourself out for the race, and two, it's president's day week the week before the race, and it will be a TON less crowded plus cheaper rates for the week after.

Strongly agree!

:flower3:

This will be my 1st half marathon ever and I thought doing this at Disney would be the best. Any tips would be great!!1

:flower3:

This will be my 1st half marathon ever and I thought doing this at Disney would be the best. Any tips would be great!!1

You have made a good choice. I would find a "training program" and follow it. But don't stress out if you miss a day or two. Find a program that starts now and build miles slowly. I'm assuming you are a new run/walker. And have fun!

I'm REALLY hoping to be able to make this one after I missed this year's. Ran it in 2010 and 11 and it was a blast! I SO hope I can do it again!:)

Ohhh add me! I'm so excited to run this race! I did the Donald half in 2010, was pregnant in 2011, so I get to run the race this year!

Thanks for the info. I walk every day but need to continue building up my miles. I have tried to get some of my friends to do this but they will not. I told them they will miss out. I hope my husband can handle watching this. He was supportive when I did the biggest looser 5k in Myrtle Beach the other year. Again, thanks for the tip

You have made a good choice. I would find a "training program" and follow it. But don't stress out if you miss a day or two. Find a program that starts now and build miles slowly. I'm assuming you are a new run/walker. And have fun!

I am DYING to register for the 2013 Princess Half in July! Please add me to the list. If you want to can check out my blog (which I had to put in when I registered so you can probably find it), as I am totally new to all this but super enthused. My treadmill will arrive this Saturday! :goodvibes Can't wait to learn more about the race here!!!

I'm in too! I started training at the end of January and just did a March of Dimes March for Babies last weekend. I did 8.6 miles in 3 hours. I know it's nowhere near that 15mm pace I need for the Princess, but it's a dern good starting point!

Hi Ladies or I should say fellow Princesses ......

I noticed a couple of new runDisney items at the Disney Store.com. I really can't wait to register for the race. This will be my first time doing the Princess 1/2. I am wondering if they will be doing something extra special since it will be the 5th year having this race ??? For the 5th year of the DL 1/2 we had a special medal and bibs. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Add me please!

Hi everyone! I posted in the other thread before I saw this one. I just started running but I'm planning to be in the Princess 1/2 next year. As of right now I think I will be going it alone, with my DH cheering me on at the finish.

Hi Ladies or I should say fellow Princesses ......

I noticed a couple of new runDisney items at the Disney Store.com. I really can't wait to register for the race. This will be my first time doing the Princess 1/2. I am wondering if they will be doing something extra special since it will be the 5th year having this race ??? For the 5th year of the DL 1/2 we had a special medal and bibs. I guess we will have to wait and see.

This is what I hope for. Disney by far has some of the best medals around.
I really hope they have some nice commerative race swag.

Add me please!

Hi everyone! I posted in the other thread before I saw this one. I just started running but I'm planning to be in the Princess 1/2 next year. As of right now I think I will be going it alone, with my DH cheering me on at the finish.

I'm also running alone. DH and son will be somewhere along the course cheering me on too. They will also sign up for the chEAR Squad.

Add me please!

I ran it alone this year, and let me say, I never felt lonely!! My mom was so worried I'd feel lonely or alone, but there are so many supportive women out there cheering you on and you cheering them on, and striking up small convos', etc.

Special shout-out to the ladies I ventured into the woods with when we all had to pee really bad right before mile 1 :lmao: We became very good squatting friends lol!!

Oh and when my phone went off and it was my Uncle Joe on the phone, and I was ending the call yelling "I love you Uncle Joe" and about 10 ladies around me yelling "we love him too!!" :lmao:

I'm also running alone. DH and son will be somewhere along the course cheering me on too. They will also sign up for the chEAR Squad.

I read about the chEAR Squad a while back and completely forgot about it. Yep, DH will be signing up for that too.

I ran it alone this year, and let me say, I never felt lonely!! My mom was so worried I'd feel lonely or alone, but there are so many supportive women out there cheering you on and you cheering them on, and striking up small convos', etc.

Special shout-out to the ladies I ventured into the woods with when we all had to pee really bad right before mile 1 :lmao: We became very good squatting friends lol!!

Oh and when my phone went off and it was my Uncle Joe on the phone, and I was ending the call yelling "I love you Uncle Joe" and about 10 ladies around me yelling "we love him too!!" :lmao:

That's good to know.

I think I would rather venture into the woods than use those PortoPotties. :eek:
I swear I have a phobia of those. I really need to find out where ALL the real bathrooms are along the course. I hope we are allowed to use them when we are inside the MK. I am not familiar at all with WDW like I am DL.

That's good to know.

I think I would rather venture into the woods than use those PortoPotties. :eek:
I swear I have a phobia of those. I really need to find out where ALL the real bathrooms are along the course. I hope we are allowed to use them when we are inside the MK. I am not familiar at all with WDW like I am DL.

I used real bathrooms in Fantasyland next to Cosmic Rays and it was sooo
Nice to be able too. You also could use it at TTC before entering the park.

That's good to know.

I used the real potties in Tomorrow Land right across from the speedway. Actually I ducked into the men's room since there was a line for the ladies room. there were a few guys in there, but I just kept my head down and ran into a stall. There is a large bathroom as you head into Frontier Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!