The "new" Miley Cyrus

I hate the video but I kind of like the song. I'm not crazy about her look but she should do what makes her happy. It just looks like she is trying to hard to me.

ETA: This is coming from someone who isn't a Miley fan, never watched Hannah Montana and this is the first song that I've heard her sing.

Well, I love her hair. It just works on her. I think she's a beautiful girl.

I really like the song. It's definitely a "party" song so I'm not surprised at the drug references. It's not like she's the first singer to do this either. She can't always be that 12 year old girl selling herself to 7 year old Disney watchers.

I have to say, I like the video too. Yes, it's risque but it just fits with her song. It doesn't bother me and it seems that it's conveying the message that she's at that age when you just want to party with your friends. If a child is too young to be "influenced" by watching the video, they shouldn't be watching a channel like MTV to begin with, imo.

I honestly don't see her as a Britney Spears or a Lindsey Lohan. I watched an interview that she had right before they released the song on the radio. She was actually filling in for Ryan Seacrest. She seems to be a very smart girl and definitely has a path carved out for herself in the music industry and seems very eager to follow it and succeed. It doesn't seem to me that she has a drug problem but you never really know if someone does or doesn't so I won't accuse her of that until it's proven.

All in all, she seems like a young woman who is trying to find herself and enjoying life. She definitely seems like a party girl but you can be a party girl without tipping over and crossing the line in to some dark territory. Hopefully Miley will be one of the lucky ones who don't.

She is an absolute skank, but I am obsessed with twerking! I'm more annoyed by the blatant product placement. EOS lip balm anyone?!?

I think she's adorable and I love her hair. She's also incredibly nice, and that counts for a lot in my book.

I don't, however, like her music. She does have a beautiful voice but that style of music just isn't for me.

I do love her backyard session where she sings Dolly Parton's Jolene:

Miley Cyrus - The Backyard Sessions - Jolene

I couldn't watch the whole thing. I think the kid is an absolute mess. I've always thought her talent was limited, but that didn't stop her dad from making a career of sorts. As the old people would say where I grew up, she hasn't had much raisin'.

I agree that she is trying to copy Pink. But she doesn't have the hard-edge look and sound that makes it work for Pink--or as much talent.

Pink has a way of doing the songs and the videos without coming across as a skank.

I also don't think Miley has the voice to do that kind of song. She still has that country twang. She is much twangier than Billy Ray.

I have been such a Miley Cyrus fan ever since the beginning, I even travelled to the UK to see her live back in 2009.

I really like her new song, and I heard it a few days before the actual clip became available.

Saw the clip finally when it came out, and it's just awefull.
There's nothing about it that I like, the clothes she's wearing (or rather, not wearing?), the things they are doing in the clip, no thanks.

(I don't like that in any clip of any artist, I don't understand why they have to stand half naked / lower their pants untill you just can't see anything to promote their music)

I'm still a fan though, but I'll be listening to this song, without watching the clip.

Well, I feel kind of bad for her that she thinks she has to try so hard to portray 'adult.' Writhing around on the bed, poking her tongue out, shaking her rump etc. It sends the wrong message, but on the other hand holding up any celebrity as a role model for young girls is a dangerous thing.

Madonna did this in the 1980s. Nothing to see here, folks.

The song itself is pretty bad, but I'm also not much into modern pop so it is what it is.

The video is decent, but Miley ruins it, haha. I like the Harmony Korine feel I got from it.

I also like her hair but she reminds me of Gozer from "Ghostbusters":

2f5d4yV.jpg

I saw something posted on Facebook asking if her new video was some kind of spoof or joke so I got curious and had to go watch it. I was shocked. Not because of the content but because of HER actions being the little Miss Disney girl she has always been. It seemed very vulgar. I first thought I can't imagine how embarrassed her boyfriend and parents must be after seeing this video.

My DD13 watched it and was like MOM there is nothing wrong with her video.

So I think young ppl are looking at it differently than older ppl are looking at it.

There were millions of moms in America that use to take their young girls to see Hannah Montana concerts and now this is the role model those girls have to look up to.

I think she is trying to be shocking for attention. I thought that when she changed her beautiful hair.

I just watched the video. I liked the song, but the video made me sad. I could see flashes of the beautiful Miley in between the gratuitous lip smacking, tongue thrusting, dry humping and twerking.

Also, all of the ****-shaming going on in this thread is pretty appalling.

Such is the way of the Dis.

She isn't Hannah Montana. That was a manufactured character on a TV show.

Miley is Miley, she'll find her way. I'd like to see her go a more alt country rather than the overproduced auto tuned pop garbage.

That video was horrid. The director needs to be strung up by his/her toenails.

She reminds me of Christina Aguilera during her "Dirrty" phase. Thankfully she turned it around, but for awhile there, she was a sad sight to see.

I agree!

ETA: This is coming from someone who isn't a Miley fan, never watched Hannah Montana and this is the first song that I've heard her sing.

Well, I love her hair. It just works on her. I think she's a beautiful girl.

I really like the song. It's definitely a "party" song so I'm not surprised at the drug references. It's not like she's the first singer to do this either. She can't always be that 12 year old girl selling herself to 7 year old Disney watchers.

I have to say, I like the video too. Yes, it's risque but it just fits with her song. It doesn't bother me and it seems that it's conveying the message that she's at that age when you just want to party with your friends. If a child is too young to be "influenced" by watching the video, they shouldn't be watching a channel like MTV to begin with, imo.

I honestly don't see her as a Britney Spears or a Lindsey Lohan. I watched an interview that she had right before they released the song on the radio. She was actually filling in for Ryan Seacrest. She seems to be a very smart girl and definitely has a path carved out for herself in the music industry and seems very eager to follow it and succeed. It doesn't seem to me that she has a drug problem but you never really know if someone does or doesn't so I won't accuse her of that until it's proven.

All in all, she seems like a young woman who is trying to find herself and enjoying life. She definitely seems like a party girl but you can be a party girl without tipping over and crossing the line in to some dark territory. Hopefully Miley will be one of the lucky ones who don't.

I just watched the video and think it's one of the worst ones I have ever seen. I've always thought Miley's vocals were average, but at least she used to look cute and seemed to have her act together. I don't like her new look at all. I think she's gone from bad to worse. If she's trying to pull off the trashy look, then I think she nailed it.

I like the song. As for the video...meh. Its just ok. I think she may be acting out a little with the overt sexuality and I can see how some might be shocked and even find it offensive, but as far as her new "look".....shes looks HOT!! And this coming from a female, lol.

I am so over every female celebrity having the long hair with the "beachy waves" and stupid hair extensions. I think there is plenty of room in the "beauty" category for someone with short spunky hair. It looks GOOD on her!! Shes young and having fun. As long as she is not hurting anybody or herself then I say twerk it gurrrllll!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter