The new DVC Riviera Resort??

Disney will not commit until they build and know their costs, if they are too high they will change the "plan". They do not want to tell until they know for sure what they really will offer.

I think I also said this earlier in this thread, but, compared to the $100 million to $300 million dollar cost of monorail, light rail costs $10 million to $30 million per mile, and gondolas cost $5 million to $10 million per mile. I bet you can guess why Disney is choosing the last option.

I did the tour again with my parents yesterday. To get fastpasses for our entire group even though I am a member I needed to go. The guide said Riviera would be like if BLT and GFV had a baby. She also said they could not really say any specifics but hinted prices will be a lot more and going up for all the resorts.

So there is that...I guess it is how Disney operates but for a resort that by all indications should be open this time next year there does seem to be a huge lack of concrete information.

The guide said Riviera would be like if BLT and GFV had a baby. She also said they could not really say any specifics but hinted prices will be a lot more and going up for all the resorts.

Of course prices will be going up... "But, if you buy now, you can avoid the price increase!"

Hopefully they'll share a lot of info, including a point chart, during the December meeting.

I hope so too. It would be a great time for it - new SVP tells what her ideas are (for encouraging direct sales - i.e. whether Moonlight Magic will continue, new perks, etc.) and Riviera details are released.

Let me be a downer on MM here:

300+ units at Riviera. Allegedly ooooh la la, which suggests high points per night. Lots of points to sell, at a higher price point, comes out to a lot more members.

This means:
  1. MM becomes harder to book than it already is
  2. Or they increase capacity - a lot
  3. And cut off the food as a byproduct of 2, to keep event cost down
I suppose there is also a chance they offer more of them, particularly in lower seasons, but with increased crowd levels year round, that is a revenue hit for the Parks mothership.

I have no interest at all at this time. I said the same thing about the Polynesian, but later ending up buying direct for 400 points.

I think the Beach Club and Boardwalk are much better value.

I have no interest at all at this time. I said the same thing about the Polynesian, but later ending up buying direct for 400 points.

I think the Beach Club and Boardwalk are much better value.

I would be interested in BCV if it wasn't for the 2042 expiration date on the deeds. When we factored that in we decided it just wasn't worth it for our family. Riviera will be more for initial price but it will also last twice as long.

I would be interested in BCV if it wasn't for the 2042 expiration date on the deeds. When we factored that in we decided it just wasn't worth it for our family. Riviera will be more for initial price but it will also last twice as long.
You and everyone else. If BCV had an expiration date of 2059, EVERYONE would be buying it, and it would be one of the most expensive resorts.

I love my value of $71 per point of SSR, when we purchased 420 resale approximately ten years ago and grandfathered in with the direct purchasers when the divide first started. We love SSR, love my adult kids and dh can go to DTD for dinners, drinks and we have golf at our resort. Have been in GVs, THVs and have a one bedroom stay in January. But, we also have stayed multiple times at GFVs, Poly, BW and BLT. Would love to try Riviera since it has the direct gondala line but with many people purchasing points for resorts where they end up moving at 7 months (myself included), and many points that need to be sold, it will get much harder to move at 7 months. Athough it is a loss of money for people purchase a resort that cost more per point and stay at a lower cost per point, if they never want to stay at their resort but to each his own.

I really look forward to hearing more about Riviera, especially kmc that you said the guide said it will be a combo of GFV and BLT. Cant wait and hope I can get in at 7 months. After January, our next trip is September. Does anyone know when this resort should be open and/or ready to book?

You and everyone else. If BCV had an expiration date of 2059, EVERYONE would be buying it, and it would be one of the most expensive resorts.
I shudder to think what this might mean in 24 years when Beach Club expires, and Disney sells it again!

I shudder to think what this might mean in 24 years when Beach Club expires, and Disney sells it again!

Am I not understanding this correctly? Wouldnt it be the same amount of points but new people? Or do they change how many points they can sell for an already exising resort? Thanks.

Am I not understanding this correctly? Wouldnt it be the same amount of points but new people? Or do they change how many points they can sell for an already exising resort? Thanks.

Disney can take back everything, refurbish, and sell any number of points with a brand new point chart. The only thing that's certain is that the point chart will be higher.

Disney can take back everything, refurbish, and sell any number of points with a brand new point chart. The only thing that's certain is that the point chart will be higher.

Thank you. So more points would be sold for that particular resort just like the new resorts I guess. So, esentially, it would be like taking away two older resorts and replacing with two newer high points per night resorts. Is that correct? Thanks.

Thank you. So more points would be sold for that particular resort just like the new resorts I guess. So, esentially, it would be like taking away two older resorts and replacing with two newer high points per night resorts. Is that correct? Thanks.

Correct. Those 10 point BWV standard view studios will be no more.

IMO with current prices, the points structure and the RTU ending date; it's already about the most expensive option even comparing to VGF or VGC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter