The Muppets on Disney+ News

Dfan79

DIS Veteran
It's cool that it is going to take place in the 80's, but how are they going to do guest stars? You can't say Stallone is the same age he was in Rocky 3 with a face like his.

Anybody else sick of that Josh Gad guy? He seems to be spreading himself out way too thin. Olaf, Muppets, Lefou and now the Hunchback.

I really don't like the new voices though. I think I'd rather they just didn't do anything new now.

Anybody else sick of that Josh Gad guy? He seems to be spreading himself out way too thin. Olaf, Muppets, Lefou and now the Hunchback.
I know what you mean. Like actors are always like acting in things, and doing other stuff than just one movie in their career. Did ya ever notice how grass grows like everywhere and the sky is blue sometimes... I hate that. Lol...
I think you just don’t like Josh Gad.

I know what you mean. Like actors are always like acting in things, and doing other stuff than just one movie in their career. Did ya ever notice how grass grows like everywhere and the sky is blue sometimes... I hate that. Lol...
I think you just don’t like Josh Gad.

Oh you're so funny... wow. You must have been laughing at your own joke in the shower hours later. :crazy2:

4 Disney characters in such a short time span is way too many. Do something else Josh, you're the poor man's Jack Black except he does more different roles.

One report I read said something about Kermit disbanding the Muppets and then bringing them all back together again.

Sounds like Muppets take Manhattan
and The Muppets

Hopefully it's not the same story yet again!

I love the Muppets, but I don't get setting it in the 80s, either. The problem with the last movie and TV show wasn't the setting. It was lack of creative talent.

Josh Gad is the white version of Kevin Hart. They couldn't help, but cross paths (The Wedding Ringer) in 2015. Gad has at least 6 movies or other projects coming out in 2019. And no doubt at least half of them will suck (see Pixels... wait never mind don't see it).

One report I read said something about Kermit disbanding the Muppets and then bringing them all back together again.

Sounds like Muppets take Manhattan
and The Muppets

Hopefully it's not the same story yet again!

I love the Muppets, but I don't get setting it in the 80s, either. The problem with the last movie and TV show wasn't the setting. It was lack of creative talent.

I agree with you, I didn't like the talk show idea too (that they went with for the ABC show). It seems like a waste of Gonzo, Fonzie and the gangs talents. It was mostly about Miss Piggy complaining about something.

I'd much rather them do a roadtrip movie or show (ala National Lampoons). This way we can see random weirdos (Wayne Newton) in weird situations (eating Marshmallows in Vegas with Zach Galifianakis).

I agree with you, I didn't like the talk show idea too (that they went with for the ABC show). It seems like a waste of Gonzo, Fonzie and the gangs talents. It was mostly about Miss Piggy complaining about something.

I'd much rather them do a roadtrip movie or show (ala National Lampoons). This way we can see random weirdos (Wayne Newton) in weird situations (eating Marshmallows in Vegas with Zach Galifianakis).
I'd like them to just do a reboot of The Muppets Tonight (the 90s show) aka the original Muppet Show.

I still remember both the Speed parody and the Phenomenon skit from the 90s show.

That really is the best format for a tv show for them. Random skits, music, fun guest stars. That is, of course, if they can get talented writers and cast.

Oh you're so funny... wow. You must have been laughing at your own joke in the shower hours later. :crazy2:

4 Disney characters in such a short time span is way too many. Do something else Josh, you're the poor man's Jack Black except he does more different roles.

its not really that uncommon, if you go back and look at some of the voice casts from the older disney movies, there were a few voice actors that showed up in different films

Example:

Sterling Holloway voiced the following for Disney:
Mr. Stork
Flower
Cheshire Cat
Amos
Winnie the Pooh
Kaa
Roquefort
he did early test for Sleepy as well.

check this out...a little disney fun if youre bored
https://www.clipd.com/stories/58352/16-actors-who-voiced-multiple-disney-characters/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!