• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Meat at Walmart Scares Me

You’re no dilwad, JaxDad. :)
It wasn't him that posted #100 either. ;)

The OP well knows my views on generic (yellow box) products so I won't bore anybody else. I shop at WalMart for practically everything in my life except groceries. We have tons of grocery chains here; everything from big-box budget places to something like Whole Foods and a bunch in-between. Almost all are more convenient and a nicer shopping experience.

On occasions when I have grabbed something in WalMart, I have observed with interest that the Great Value brand goods are often made in Canada, which is hugely important to me when I'm food shopping. Now, it could just seem more prominent because they actually print it on the labels; Canada has extremely lax food-labeling regulations and country of origin is not required. I'll take a store-brand or generic version of anything that was produced domestically over brand-names processed and shipped from Asia. I'd pay more for the privilege too but of course that isn't necessary with the Great Value items.

I never buy meat at Wal-Mart if I can help it. I like to get my chicken from Trader Joe's. I get the rest from Sam's Club.

same packaging as good old 'government cheese' :thumbsup2
That cheese made the best cheese enchiladas!!

My aunt was a school principal for decades in the poorest school district in Texas. She was beloved and was gifted bricks of government cheese often from parents who wanted to express their gratitude but had little else to give. She would try to refuse but didn’t want to hurt their feelings.

Reactions: shh

Ah, Sam's Club is Walmart, FYI.

And yes, I bought ham at Walmart today.
i miss sam's club-none near us. they were unique in that they were not identical in what they offered fresh in store. i had co-workers in the bay area that were thrilled when they were opening one near where they lived b/c they had availed upon me to bring them the meatball subs and take and bake breakfast pizzas the one near my home offered only to find that when one opened near them it had opted to focus offerings on more bakery items (filled croissants and such).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter