The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was already feeling blue this week, not sure why, and now the AC man is here, supposed to be doing the 6 month check and clean on the unit, and we're already up to $350 in parts/repairs. He also told me the whole unit is going to need to be replaced soon. :headache: :scared1: :headache:

I need some jokes or stories to cheer me up. Let's hear them! Please.
Pat, I feel your pain, sister! (And I'm sure you're coming off your VM high, which is why you feel blue...or maybe it was the somewhat "blue" subject matter :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

Anyway, yesterday Larry noticed water coming from around the lid to our septic tank (sorry, not a pleasant problem, but real life :headache:). Turns out the pump inside had apparently stopped doing its thing, so, $580 later, our two tanks were pumped out, a float replaced...happy, happy, joy, joy. Guess what? It worked for about an hour. So, another call made to the septic guys (God Bless Them :flower3:), with another visit scheduled tomorrow. In the meantime, we can use water, but have to limit the amt. that goes into the system. There's no danger of anything backing up into the house, thank goodness, or I'd :faint:. The only good part of my story is that we charged it on our Disney Visa for the reward dollars (OBC, yeah!)

So, did that help any? Just think of me as you flush, shower, do laundry and the dishes without a care...even if you're sweating a bit in your uncomfortably warm home while you do so :laughing::laughing::laughing:....and thank your lucky stars your plumbing works!

Now, back to our happy Disney thread.....:surfweb:

that sucks about your water, at least you've got some coming in and not totally out. Hope you manage to get it sorted today

JessicasMom said:
Pat, I feel your pain, sister! (And I'm sure you're coming off your VM high, which is why you feel blue...or maybe it was the somewhat "blue" subject matter :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

Anyway, yesterday Larry noticed water coming from around the lid to our septic tank (sorry, not a pleasant problem, but real life :headache:). Turns out the pump inside had apparently stopped doing its thing, so, $580 later, our two tanks were pumped out, a float replaced...happy, happy, joy, joy. Guess what? It worked for about an hour. So, another call made to the septic guys (God Bless Them :flower3:), with another visit scheduled tomorrow. In the meantime, we can use water, but have to limit the amt. that goes into the system. There's no danger of anything backing up into the house, thank goodness, or I'd :faint:. The only good part of my story is that we charged it on our Disney Visa for the reward dollars (OBC, yeah!)

So, did that help any? Just think of me as you flush, shower, do laundry and the dishes without a care...even if you're sweating a bit in your uncomfortably warm home while you do so :laughing::laughing::laughing:....and thank your lucky stars your plumbing works!

Just think of the nice cocktail you'll be able to have because of your tank repairs! ;)

Every cloud!

I can't believe this thread is already at 113 pages!!!!

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??

So, it will be:

Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;

My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;

My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;

My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail

We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?

Welcome back, hope you manage to join us again next year :banana:

Just letting everyone know I have updated all brunch requests on our original post that have been PM'ed to me. All are now full at 14 with a waitlist started. If anyone drops off rollcall please let me know so we can move waitlist folks up. I will be in touch at PIF date so reconfirm and get necessary info to submit to DCL. :goodvibes

Thanks Mandy :thumbsup2

and like you, can't wait to hear what might be in store for the ship when it dry docks this year :)

Karen have you seen the artists impressions that are floating around the internet, I'm sure someone someone has the link to it. Big changes to the adult bar areas, Parrot Cay and Topsiders - supposedly to be more like Cabanas on the new ships

That was so cute!

That helped, but not as much as the RAB I had when I got home from work. :thumbsup2

Pat, what a nightmare, I'd be having a few more :drinking1: :drinking1:

Karen have you seen the artists impressions that are floating around the internet, I'm sure someone someone has the link to it. Big changes to the adult bar areas, Parrot Cay and Topsiders - supposedly to be more like Cabanas on new ships

have seen them but I haven't been on the new ships so no clue what cabanas is like and to be honest I kinda like parrot cay!

JessicasMom said:

It did. I was telling Dennis last night we need to start shopping for a new AC unit now, because with our luck, it will go out on the hottest weekend of the summer.

Now it's reeeaaalllly going to be hard to talk him into putting the deposit on the cruise! But I have a secret weapon. It's called a zero-percent-for-15-months credit card. Heh, heh, heh. That way I can keep our ressie til Dennis comes around!

Every cloud!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We always look for a silver lining, and we always find one. Easier to be happy about life in general than miserable (which so many people seem determined to be).

It did. I was telling Dennis last night we need to start shopping for a new AC unit now, because with our luck, it will go out on the hottest weekend of the summer.

Now it's reeeaaalllly going to be hard to talk him into putting the deposit on the cruise! But I have a secret weapon. It's called a zero-percent-for-15-months credit card. Heh, heh, heh. That way I can keep our ressie til Dennis comes around!

The first thing I thought about when I read your post was how Dennis would feel about another big expenditure :scared1::scared1::scared1:. We personally prefer to keep our heads in the sand and just hope it all works out :rolleyes1, which it always does. We don't do debt, so we'll be taking advantage of the 6 mos. interest-free cruise payment on our Visa, so we can pay for the septic repairs! (Another silver lining)

Well, the guys returned today and replaced the persnickety pump, so the dishwasher is happily humming away. It cost us a few more hundred, but, hey,....more fruity, tropical drinks onboard! :woohoo:

PFlamingo said:

You wicked woman Pat, love it !!

Evelyn, thanks for the tip about PIA, and the shuttle from MDW to ORD. I did not know that existed, and I was picturing struggling into a taxi with the kids and luggage. Yuck. I will certainly check their prices once the booking window begins.

First post on Disboards.
Am eagerly awaiting EBTA and WBTA looks like it will be even better !!
DH jimmyl47 and are looking forwards to an awesum Disney Vacation on the Majic
:dance3::flower3:pirate:

I can't believe this thread is already at 113 pages!!!!

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??

So, it will be:

Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;

My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;

My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;

My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail

We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?

:cheer2::cheer2: YAY, you are back..good to see ya :)

[size=+2]
WARNING: I DO NOT PLAY FAIR!!​
[/size]

Not when it comes to this trip. Or anything else I want for that matter.

I found this on ebay and knew Dennis would love it (because he's really 4-years-old):

a26c8b16-d67f-4408-b8a0-5c17b11a64aa.jpg

So I bought it. And it came in today. And when I gave it to him, I said, "NOW can I put the deposit on the cruise?" And he said, "Okay." :yay::yay::yay:

I still have to wait til the new 0% interest card comes in, but at least I don't have to be sneaky about it. :tiptoe:

It's about time, though. I'm getting a bit tired of getting up at 12:30am every four days to put another hold on the thing. :headache:

Now, about that little dog at the Humane Society who's been waiting a very long time for a home... :rolleyes1

Evelyn, thanks for the tip about PIA, and the shuttle from MDW to ORD. I did not know that existed, and I was picturing struggling into a taxi with the kids and luggage. Yuck. I will certainly check their prices once the booking window begins.

Someone posted earlier that they might be hesitant to fly them but I am quite comfortable traveling on PIA, they fly out of O'Hare every day and have for years, they have never had even a hiccup to my knowledge. I found them to be extremely nice and very accommodating. Since I've been in the Airline Industry for 30 years I kinda know what's happening. :rolleyes1. I'll get more information on the shuttle between the airports for you.

Are you planning to fly into Barcelona a few days early? Don't know what I will do yet but will arrive at least 2 days early, ya just never know what weather and such can be.:thumbsup2

Awesome tactics pat, and even better that it worked :)

Was looking through old photos from past cruises and even found a rare one of you without the pink flamingo hat ;) Dennis looks greatful that you didn't take the hat off the ship in st Maarten

The first thing I thought about when I read your post was how Dennis would feel about another big expenditure :scared1::scared1::scared1:. We personally prefer to keep our heads in the sand and just hope it all works out :rolleyes1, which it always does.

Yes, Dennis likes to pretend to be a "grown up," and I'm the one who's always saying, "hey, let's do this." I usually wait til he's vulnerable (aka, slightly inebriated), then spring some clever toy or cute picture or pitiful story on him to get him to go along. This is pretty much how I've managed to get every vacation out of him for the past 5 years, not to mention all our dogs.

I'm not proud of this... No, wait, yes I am.

But honestly, it's for his own good. The poor man would never get a vacation if it weren't for me, so I'm really doing him a favor. And things always do seem to work out. Somehow we find the money and it's all good in the end.

Life is way too short, y'know?

Awesome tactics pat, and even better that it worked :)

Why, thank you! I have learned a few good tricks over the years. :teeth:

Was looking through old photos from past cruises and even found a rare one of you without the pink flamingo hat ;) Dennis looks greatful that you didn't take the hat off the ship in st Maarten

Dennis secretly loves the flamingo hat. He wishes I would let him wear it. :rotfl:

PFlamingo said:
WARNING: I DO NOT PLAY FAIR!!

Not when it comes to this trip. Or anything else I want for that matter.

I found this on ebay and knew Dennis would love it (because he's really 4-years-old):

So I bought it. And it came in today. And when I gave it to him, I said, "NOW can I put the deposit on the cruise?" And he said, "Okay." :yay::yay::yay:

I still have to wait til the new 0% interest card comes in, but at least I don't have to be sneaky about it. :tiptoe:

It's about time, though. I'm getting a bit tired of getting up at 12:30am every four days to put another hold on the thing. :headache:

Now, about that little dog at the Humane Society who's been waiting a very long time for a home... :rolleyes1

Fantastic Pat, glad you're "officially" getting to book :) are you getting the little dog??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter