The Magic is Back - Share your Experience! Superthread

This is actually a really smart unofficial barometer for determining the true crowd level!

Eh. I don't know about that. I haven't waited in a line to get into a Disneyland restroom in many years. It's usually not an issue. When you see people lined up in the restroom entrances, usually it's because they don't realize there are more stalls on the other side. I just walk in and go around to the empty bank of stalls and call out "plenty of empty stalls over on this side!"

There are only a couple that consistently have lines: Rancho del Zocalo, Plaza Inn, and the one by the ATM tucked away at the entrance to Main Street.

Eh. I don't know about that. I haven't waited in a line to get into a Disneyland restroom in many years. It's usually not an issue. When you see people lined up in the restroom entrances, usually it's because they don't realize there are more stalls on the other side. I just walk in and go around to the empty bank of stalls and call out "plenty of empty stalls over on this side!"

There are only a couple that consistently have lines: Rancho del Zocalo, Plaza Inn, and the one by the ATM tucked away at the entrance to Main Street.
I had a few waits for restrooms at the usual places...Cars Land, TSMM and NOS, if I recall.

Curious about the "baby" center that is towards the end of Mainstreet where the corndog cart usually is. Is that place still open now?

We’re scheduled to arrive on Sunday 6/13 for three nights. I either need to stop reading the comments or cancel even though it would be a small financial hit. Last week at WDW we spent five nights and overall it was less than a good time due to the crowds. I was hoping the DL would be a much better experience.

Any thoughts on why wait times are so much higher in CA? Every time I look even Little Mermaid is at 30 minutes. We are there on June 11 and I hope Marvel land will draw some people away or that they open more for people to “do” besides rides

Any thoughts on why wait times are so much higher in CA? Every time I look even Little Mermaid is at 30 minutes. We are there on June 11 and I hope Marvel land will draw some people away or that they open more for people to “do” besides rides
Not as many rides to do,especially if you have young children. That is one of the few rides over there that doesn’t have a height requirement.

Probably because there is less to do in DCA and a lot of people waiting until they can park hop over to DL at 1.

We’re scheduled to arrive on Sunday 6/13 for three nights. I either need to stop reading the comments or cancel even though it would be a small financial hit. Last week at WDW we spent five nights and overall it was less than a good time due to the crowds. I was hoping the DL would be a much better experience.
We have a reservation for 6/12 that I’m thinking of cancelling. If we’re stuck with ride capacity limitations that are going to disappear on 6/15, I’d rather go then. 🤷‍♀️

The specific reason is that the move to Yellow tier allowed theme parks to go up to 35% capacity, but it did NOT allow increased ride capacity. Ride capacity remains at 25%. So, Disney chose to let in more people (40% more) without the ability to increase ride capacity. In addition, even though they CAN increase indoor dining, all indications are that they have NOT yet, so now you have 40% more people fighting for seating at dining locations.

We have a reservation for 6/12 that I’m thinking of cancelling. If we’re stuck with ride capacity limitations that are going to disappear on 6/15, I’d rather go then. 🤷‍♀️

I don't blame you. We are going Saturday and then not going back again until July 2. Hoping for a significantly better experience by then.

Lucky you! I almost always have to wait in a line in the afternoon/early evening.

I don't have a thorough write-up, but both my wife and I thought it was a lot more crowded than we expected it would be today. ride times were largely accurate for us, with some being perhaps ever so slightly overstated. While it didn't feel like a sold out day, it definitely didn't feel empty...

I can say it still has the magic Disneyland feel, but there are many things clearly lacking...

A lot of the stores I tend to frequent were closed including Westward Ho, Pooh Corner, and the pin kiosk at the end of Main Street. This was a huge bummer on top of no pin boards or trading. That being said, Disneyland felt very comfortable at the capacity it was (Thursday May 20th) which definitely wasn't empty and felt more like 50% or higher.

While the POTC line was pretty busy (maybe a 20 minute wait), we got into Haunted Mansion after a 5 minute wait (which has literally never happened to me before). The two rides that probably had the longest wait were Space Mountain and Monsters Inc.

Guest behavior that we saw was fairly good. There were a few kids with masks down eating in line throughout the day, and social distancing in line was questionable, especially on Tea Cups and Toy Story. But overall I didn't see anyone with their masks totally off in line. DL also had hand sanitizer dispensers all over the place.

Mobile ordering worked well for us. The biggest issue was seating, most especially in DCA. At the Cozy Cone they literally removed the ability to use 80% of the seating and made it Mobile Order only. After 3pm it was also pretty hard at DCA find a quick open window, which is why I just ended up giving up and ordering from Cozy Cone.

All in all we had a great time on the rides, but with so many of the stores being closed, Buzz being closed, and no Pin Trading, we likely won't return until they sort a few more things out.

We just booked our visit for mid-July. While things are supposedly completely opened up by then, I trust that DL will also start opening things up on their end as well, one can only hope.

Same here. I just lucked out with capacity changing during my trip so I'm noticing the difference between 25% and 35% (probably closer to 30%). If it's any comfort, I've seen a lot more CMs being trained or recertified the last couple of days, so they are ramping up staffing. They also seem to be making some changes to how queues are managed, so hopefully they have better systems in place by June.

There are a lot of families with small children here right now that were probably trying to come before schools let out. So between all adult parties and families with young kids, the ride times probably seem off.

We have one for 6/8 that I’m also thinking of cancelling. We could postpone a week and hopefully things will be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter