The Magic and the Misery ~ Updated 6/13: June Trip Report Started!

I'm finally caught up again. Love the video idea, & you did a nice job editing the whole thing. :thumbsup2 My husband & I did the 4 parks in 1 day thing once before. We were on a work trip & flew in 1 day early to go to WDW (we had been before so it wasn't our first time). We had so much fun. It was like a treasure hunt, trying to find all that we could do in short amounts of time.

I think you guys have bad luck when it comes to rides breaking down. I kept laughing while watching the video each time another one broke. As for Buzz Lightyear, I'm wondering if it was stopped to let someone in a wheelchair on the ride. The last time we went to DL, we were w/ Todd's cousin who is in a wheelchair, & they stop the ride so that he can use one of the special cars. He wheels his chair right in & then off we went. Pretty cool.

I got real behind on this TR, but I am all caught up now. This may sound ridiculous but I want to be on a ride when it breaks down, it just sounds like tons of fun.

Peter Pan is my favorite ride in Fantasy Land, I like Pooh and Snowhite, but there is something about the Peter Pan ride that is extra magical for me.

I've never ridden dumbo am definitely planning on doing it my next trip.

I had to laug at the visual I had of you carrying a half gallon of milk around, I would totally be one of th epeople starring at you and wondering what the heck was up with that? The Lady must like milk.....

4 parks in one day? just thinking abou tit makes me feet hurt. I can't wait to read the rest.

Wow just read it all using the handy dandy links!
Really great so far.
Looking forward to more.
Thanks for sharing.
:welcome: and thanks for reading!

Great update! That ice cream sandwich looks so good! I'm with ya on the vanilla ice cream thing - it just doesn't appeal to me in most cases, but looks like the best choice when you have all that sweetness of the cookies! I cannot score out of 4 digits on Buzz, no matter what I try! I just can't figure out which dot is mine! :headache: Beautiful last picture! :goodvibes
Nice, someone who understands the vanilla ice cream thing! And with Buzz, that is exactly my problem...I can never identify my red dot! Except for that last little bit of that ride the first night. Maybe there's just one special blaster that works and I had it that ride...

I'm finally caught up again. Love the video idea, & you did a nice job editing the whole thing. :thumbsup2 My husband & I did the 4 parks in 1 day thing once before. We were on a work trip & flew in 1 day early to go to WDW (we had been before so it wasn't our first time). We had so much fun. It was like a treasure hunt, trying to find all that we could do in short amounts of time.

I think you guys have bad luck when it comes to rides breaking down. I kept laughing while watching the video each time another one broke. As for Buzz Lightyear, I'm wondering if it was stopped to let someone in a wheelchair on the ride. The last time we went to DL, we were w/ Todd's cousin who is in a wheelchair, & they stop the ride so that he can use one of the special cars. He wheels his chair right in & then off we went. Pretty cool.
Very cool that you guys did four parks in one day too! It was such a fun day for us...very memorable. And you guys only had one day, so good thing it worked out!

Yeah, we have crazy luck with rides breaking down. On our September trip, we were only there for 4 1/2 days and did one park per day. 3 of those days, our first ride broke down: Winnie the Pooh, Mission Space, and Toy Story Mania. Plus, I know we had other breakdowns that trip too...I remember being stuck on Buzz and blasting the target on the wall next to me over and over again. I still didn't do very well.

I wonder if there was a wheelchair? I didn't see one when we stopped before exiting. But the stop right after entering, I didn't even look that direction. Who knows? Sounds cool how they do that, though.

I got real behind on this TR, but I am all caught up now. This may sound ridiculous but I want to be on a ride when it breaks down, it just sounds like tons of fun.

Peter Pan is my favorite ride in Fantasy Land, I like Pooh and Snowhite, but there is something about the Peter Pan ride that is extra magical for me.

I've never ridden dumbo am definitely planning on doing it my next trip.

I had to laug at the visual I had of you carrying a half gallon of milk around, I would totally be one of th epeople starring at you and wondering what the heck was up with that? The Lady must like milk.....
Well, if you think it would be cool to be stuck on a ride, you apparently need to hang around with us! I love Peter Pan too. And I'd recommend Dumbo around 1am! Keep an eye out for your favorite character :)

Yeah, the milk thing was probably the only time I really should have thought through the consequences of the question, "Would you like a bag?" :laughing: Oh, well.

:surfweb: All caught up
You're back! You just were at WDW, right? How was your trip?

Mmmm...Tonga Toast! That looked heavenly! And the ice cream cookie counts as one snack?! I am so going to gain 10 pounds when we go. Enjoyed reading your update!

On to the third park of the day! We took the express monorail to the TTC, then switched to the Epcot monorail. Dug was so happy to find his phone charger that he took a picture of it:

EPCharger.jpg

Arriving at Epcot:

EPMonorail.jpg

We used the Lines app from touringplans.com to help figure out what we’d be able to do with little wait time, since it was mid-afternoon at Epcot. We wouldn't be able to Fast Pass anything this time of day. It seemed our best bet for a headliner would be Mission Space.

Once we arrived, we went to Innoventions to take a look at the new Sum of All Thrills. We watched it for a few minutes, then found there is a test-fit seat. Dug tried it out and found it pretty tight. So, we’ll be saving this attraction until later this year, after some more weight-loss progress. Looks interesting, though.

We headed to Mission Space:

EPMissionSpace.jpg

On our last trip, we tried to do this attraction first on our Epcot day. Since I am not fond of high-speed spinning, I went to the Green side and Dug went on Orange. But I never actually got on the ride. Fitting with our September theme of “1st rides of the day breaking down”, Green was not working. My Green group was standing on those little numbers in the holding room forever! :hourglass The CMs kept assuring us that we’d get in soon, but we were giving up, a couple people at a time. I finally left (and took the “super fast pass” they gave out), as Dug would be wondering where I was. We never made it back to Mission Space on that trip. :sad1:

So, anyway, this would be my first time actually going on the ride! The sign said 5 minutes, but the wait was definitely more than that. But tolerable. I thought the ride was cool. Dug thought it was pretty tame compared to the Orange side. We both had to operate two sets of buttons, as there was no one else in our group.

Next, we saw that the single rider line for Test Track was only 10 minutes, so we jumped in:

EPTestTrack.jpg

Love that ride! I also found a Hidden Mickey. I think it was between the hot and cold areas, there was a little office. In the pencil cup, there was a Mickey pencil!

At this point, we’d worked up a little thirst, so we dropped into Club Cool for some refreshments:

EPClubCool.jpg

Hey, cool! I just now noticed a Hidden Mickey in that Club Cool sign!

Even though Dug had found his iPhone’s backup battery charging thing, he’d discovered that it wasn’t working. So, he located an outlet near the door of Club Cool and discretely charged his iPhone while we enjoyed our beverages. Fun, fun, sneaking Disney’s power… :ssst:

We needed to get in at least one more ride to feel like we’d “completed” Epcot. There was no way to do Soarin’ in a reasonable time frame. We thought about one of the boat rides in World Showcase, but they were out of our way. But there would be no wait for Journey Into Imagination! We’d just have to hold our noses in the smell area! So we did:

EPImagination.jpg

After Imagination, we made our way towards the International Gateway. It was a little before 6pm. Still beautiful out, though starting to get dark:

EPLagoon.jpg

As we passed Canada, we discovered that Off Kilter was performing! We had to stop and watch the rest of their show. Dug had been looking forward to seeing them. He loves bagpipes and kilts! They were really good:

EPOffKilter.jpg

After they finished, we continued toward the exit. Heard the British Invasion performing in the U.K. pavilion, but kept on walking:

EPBeatles.jpg

Once we arrived at the Beach Club, we wandered around the place a bit. We wanted to check it out, since we are planning to attend the Food & Wine Festival in November and it seemed like a good, nearby resort option. We looked around the lobby and the common areas and the grounds. Peeked in at Stormalong Bay…looks very cool! :thumbsup2

Made our way to Beaches & Cream. We were a little nervous, as this place does not take ADRs, but can get pretty busy (it’s not very big). And it was still dinnertime. We were lucky, though. We were seated right away at the counter. Right in front of where they make the ice cream sundaes! :cool1:

Well, after that massive ice cream cookie sandwich on Main Street, neither of us was really that hungry. We’d scrapped our dinner plans at Sunshine Seasons. But, we had come to B&C for one reason…I had to have a No Way Jose. Chocolate and peanut butter…yummy! We asked the waitress for a second bowl so we could split it. She offered to bring a second spoon and put it in a bowl that was easy to share from. But we insisted on an extra bowl. I think she thought it was odd, but we didn’t want to gross her out with talk of contagious face disease! So, I do believe our sundae was served in a different style dish than the No Way Jose usually comes in. She wanted to make it easier to split. And we got our extra bowls (we each got a little bowl).

Before:

NoWayJose.jpg

After (well, partway through):

EPNoWayJose.jpg

Dug also was happy during this “meal,” as he switched the cords he was using to recharge his phone from his Imax Power thing and the new cord worked! Now he would have iPhone battery for late night tweeting!

While we were eating, we realized there was a massive Kitchen Sink being concocted in front of us. Check this out:

KitchenSink.jpg

They put on a little show of bringing it out to that table.

We enjoyed our ice cream, but not as much as we could have, as we were so ice-cream-full already. Maybe we’ll just have to come back there sometime… :idea:

We used our Tables in Wonderland card for a 20% discount here. As we left, we saw that the Kitchen Sink table had left behind a melty mess in their Kitchen Sink.

After this, we wandered around Yacht Club for a bit. It seemed like a nice place too.

But, it was getting late and we still had one more park to do. We headed over to the boat dock and waited for a boat to Hollywood Studios:

EPBoat.jpg

Up next: What's the worst line to be in at DHS? How'd we get a laugh from the crowd in the Tower of Terror library? And will we eat anything that is not ice cream tonight?

Mmmm...Tonga Toast! That looked heavenly! And the ice cream cookie counts as one snack?! I am so going to gain 10 pounds when we go. Enjoyed reading your update!

I love that Tonga Toast picture too! I definitely have to have some of that again! And, yes, the ice cream cookie is just one snack credit! And it's HUGE. I don't think the picture even does it justice. Very yummy, though. Share one amongst your whole family or have it for a meal :)

Yes I did just get back, weather could have been a little warmer but everyone said it was me:confused3 but I like it really really hot. Lines were long on somedays but not bad. DHS is where my son works so we did that park in no time (thanks to some friends we went right on). I want to go back during the Flower & Garden Festival and stay at The Boardwalk. That's funny everytime Off Kilter is palying we have to stop for my DH. My kids get so mad how many times must we see this. When we were there we ate at B & C and had the Kitchen Sink. I had seen it before but didn't know what they do when they bring it to your table. I thought I was going to crawl under the table my DS knew what was coming and started :laughing: :rotfl:. But we ate the whole thing and we were really full. It feeds four people and I thought well there is four of us so we will see. When she tolds us what was in there :scared1: I'm just glad we weren't counting calories

Yes I did just get back, weather could have been a little warmer but everyone said it was me:confused3 but I like it really really hot. Lines were long on somedays but not bad. DHS is where my son works so we did that park in no time (thanks to some friends we went right on). I want to go back during the Flower & Garden Festival and stay at The Boardwalk. That's funny everytime Off Kilter is palying we have to stop for my DH. My kids get so mad how many times must we see this. When we were there we ate at B & C and had the Kitchen Sink. I had seen it before but didn't know what they do when they bring it to your table. I thought I was going to crawl under the table my DS knew what was coming and started :laughing: :rotfl:. But we ate the whole thing and we were really full. It feeds four people and I thought well there is four of us so we will see. When she tolds us what was in there :scared1: I'm just glad we weren't counting calories
Welcome back, glad you had a good trip! That's cool that your son works at DHS! Wow, you tackled the Kitchen Sink! I bet it was yummy. It was pretty fun to watch them put one together. And they really do make quite a production of presenting it!

DH loves Off Kilter. I had to promise him we could stop and watch them this trip.

I too don't ride the orange side on Mission Space. I did it one time and that was enough for me. Green side rules! :thumbsup2

I don't know when, but we are definately going to have to go to Beaches and Cream and at least get a No Way Jose. Maybe even a Kitchen Sink. I wonder how many calories are in each of those. Wait! Since you're in Disney, it's fat free and calorie free. Right? :rolleyes1

DH loves Off Kilter. I had to promise him we could stop and watch them this trip.

I too don't ride the orange side on Mission Space. I did it one time and that was enough for me. Green side rules! :thumbsup2

I don't know when, but we are definately going to have to go to Beaches and Cream and at least get a No Way Jose. Maybe even a Kitchen Sink. I wonder how many calories are in each of those. Wait! Since you're in Disney, it's fat free and calorie free. Right? :rolleyes1
Dug definitely enjoyed Off Kilter, and so did I. Wouldn't mind stopping to watch them for a little longer sometime.

I'm very curious what the Orange side of Mission Space is like, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be wise for me to go on it, since any ride with intense spinning (i.e. Tilt-a-Whirl, etc.) hurts my head. I'm not so much worried about my stomach as I am about ending up with a horrible headache.

It's funny how something as calorific as a No Way Jose can look positively dinky compared to a Kitchen Sink! And, yes, with all the walking you do at Disney, I believe all the food is calorie free! :thumbsup2

Just found your report and am really enjoying it. We're leaving in about a week and a half and planning on trying the 4 parks in a day challenge. I don't know if we'll be able to do all the headliners though because we'll have two roller coaster-leery eight year olds. I'm trying to figure out which park would be best to go to first. I had also thought AK would be best to go to in the morning. But then I guess there's no chance of TSM in DHS. Decisions, decisions...

Loved the Epcot and B&C update! That ice cream looks good! One of these days we will make it over there for the Kitchen Sink. I've only ever been there once (and it was with girlfriends) and we made the mistake of eating first (really good burgers though) - and then we couldn't get the Kitchen Sink since we were too full! Ended up splitting a regular sundae similar to the No Way Jose! I can't remember which one right now - something with brownies! It was delicious! Anyway...carry on....popcorn::

Sara

Found the thread last night. I'm hooked. Going with friends in Oct. It will be my first time at the Poly:cloud9:. It looks like the tonga toast is a must. I'm very impressed with the 4 parks in a day idea, but I don't know if I could do it.

I have a son in a wheelchair. The stops on Buzz, probably, were to allow wheelchairs on and they have to be strapped down, before the ride can continue. This also happens on WP. HM, PoC and SE at Epcot (to name a few) stop to allow us to transfer from the chair to the ride, which for us can take longer than the rides where they put the chair on.

Can't wait for the next installment.popcorn::

Just found your report and am really enjoying it. We're leaving in about a week and a half and planning on trying the 4 parks in a day challenge. I don't know if we'll be able to do all the headliners though because we'll have two roller coaster-leery eight year olds. I'm trying to figure out which park would be best to go to first. I had also thought AK would be best to go to in the morning. But then I guess there's no chance of TSM in DHS. Decisions, decisions...
Welcome! That's cool that you're going to try 4 parks in 1 day! Here's the three pieces of advice I have, based on our day:
1.) Pick a low-crowd day. We like to check the crowd calendar on touringplans.com. The day we did it was rated a "4", which is very low-crowd.
2.) Make sure the parks have long enough hours and take advantage of EMH, if possible. We had 8-9am EMH (at AK) and 7-10pm EMH (DHS), which we felt was plenty of time. The crowds seemed to thin a bit during EMH too. And, I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that MK and Epcot were not as busy because they did NOT have EMH, so people w/o park hoppers would be stuck in AK and/or DHS.
3.) Figure out what your priorities are for this day. For us, it wasn't so much doing all the headliners, it was more that we wanted to fully experience all four parks throughout the day. And we definitely got that. If we had wanted to do all the headliners, the ones we missed were: Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and Soarin'. But, if we'd really wanted to do those that day, we could have if we'd given up the sit-down meals, the riding things twice, the wandering around the BC/YC, the listening to Off Kilter, etc.

Oh, and stay tuned--we will do Toy Story Mania! Enjoy your trip and have fun!

Loved the Epcot and B&C update! That ice cream looks good! One of these days we will make it over there for the Kitchen Sink. I've only ever been there once (and it was with girlfriends) and we made the mistake of eating first (really good burgers though) - and then we couldn't get the Kitchen Sink since we were too full! Ended up splitting a regular sundae similar to the No Way Jose! I can't remember which one right now - something with brownies! It was delicious! Anyway...carry on....popcorn::
I've heard the burgers there were good, but we were so not hungry by then! Hope you get your Kitchen Sink someday!

Found the thread last night. I'm hooked. Going with friends in Oct. It will be my first time at the Poly:cloud9:. It looks like the tonga toast is a must. I'm very impressed with the 4 parks in a day idea, but I don't know if I could do it.

I have a son in a wheelchair. The stops on Buzz, probably, were to allow wheelchairs on and they have to be strapped down, before the ride can continue. This also happens on WP. HM, PoC and SE at Epcot (to name a few) stop to allow us to transfer from the chair to the ride, which for us can take longer than the rides where they put the chair on.

Can't wait for the next installment.popcorn::
Welcome! Enjoy the Poly! And definitely try some Tonga Toast!

That's good to know about the wheelchairs. I wonder if that was what happened on Buzz? I didn't see anything, but I had plenty of distraction. (Although, the Winnie the Pooh and Toy Story Mania breakdowns on our September trip for sure were not wheelchairs, as we had to get out of our vehicles mid-ride and be escorted out!)

Loved the videos!

I'm very impressed with your "4 parks 1 day" so far! Can't wait to hear about the ToT library...:confused3
Thanks, glad you enjoyed! Hope to get the rest of the day posted this weekend.

It took a little bit, but eventually a boat arrived and brought us to Hollywood Studios. We arrived just before 8pm. Two Extra Magic Hours left!

DHSArrival.jpg

Once we got into the park, Dug made a stop at the restrooms just inside DHS. I leaned against a tree while waiting. Then I looked up:

DHSPalmTrees.jpg

Boy those are tall!

DHS is so pretty all lit up at night:

DHSLights.jpg

We passed a DVC booth:

DHSSecret.jpg

This became a running joke throughout our trip because all their advertising is “Disney’s best-kept secret!” Really? :scratchin Do they really think so? Because it’s on the sides of busses, billboards, booths everywhere you go, etc. If Disney’s idea of keeping a secret is putting it on the sides of busses, they have to re-think that! So, every time we saw DVC, we’d say to each other, “Oh, look, it’s a secret!!!” :ssst: Just silly. :laughing:

Anyway, we had checked the tip board and the waits didn’t look too bad. We decided to go to the Tower of Terror first. The posted wait time was only 10 minutes. It was basically a walk-on. There was a lady and her son in front of us in the line that had a Hidden Mickeys book. We have this book, but haven’t really looked at it much. But this woman was desperately trying to find a Hidden Mickey in the boiler room. Dug spotted one on the wall and showed her and she was thrilled! :earsboy:

We made our way into the library/pre-show area. The CM announced, “Your rooms are not ready yet”. I whispered to Dug, and he repeated out loud to the nearby guests, “Will you send us a text message when they’re ready?” We got a few laughs from the people around us. I mean, if you’re staying at a Disney resort, this probably sounds familiar. :rotfl:

This was a good ride on the Tower of Terror. I actually videotaped the whole thing! It’s different riding this when both of your hands are wrapped around a camera you’re holding in the air. You definitely float off your seat! But I held onto the camera and got some cool, but blurry footage. We actually saw a ghost on one of our drops…we’d never seen that one before. And, of course, the view of DHS at night is so pretty.

Once we exited, we decided to check on the wait time for RnRC. Sign said 50 minutes! Yuck. We’re not really line people…we either get in short lines or do Fast Pass. So, we decided to go on ToT again while we waited for the line to hopefully get shorter. It was another walk-on. I didn’t videotape this time, so I could just enjoy the ride. We ended up in the other library this time, by the way. On our first ride, someone asked the CM about a Hidden Mickey in the library. They said it was in the other one. So, we asked in this one. They said it isn’t there anymore. Oh, well. I love how the ride is always different on ToT!

Once we left there, it was about 9pm. We now remembered that RnRC had a Single Rider Line.

DHSRNRC1.jpg

There was no time posted for the SRL, so we asked the CM at the entrance and she told us it was about 15-20 minutes. Seemed reasonable. We got in line. So far, so good, we thought as we walked full-speed past the 50-minute standby line. We got up to the part right before the pre-show area and the CM there stopped us to tell us that they were closing the SRL because it was getting too long. But we were still okay? Sure, he said. And how long is the wait? 30 minutes, he said. Okay, guess we’ll stay in this line. Big mistake!

We went into the pre-show area. Aerosmith invited us along. We stepped into the limo-boarding area. The SRL goes along the back, behind the standby line. There were a lot of people. The standby line was moving. The SRL was not. We stood there, watching people go by. Occasionally, a single rider would be allowed to board. I don’t know what it is about this ride. On Test Track, single riders get put in pretty frequently. Not here. Very rare. So, we kept on waiting.

The guy in front of us was getting very frustrated. He explained to us that he was a “true” single rider (here by himself) and was really upset that he was being made to wait longer than non-singles. Many people in the SRL were saying that they should just load up a car with single riders every so often, just to move us along a bit. It wouldn’t have noticeably slowed down the standby line any. It got to the point that I was really tempted to jump over the rope and into the standby line when there was a gap between groups coming in. It was annoying knowing that we’d likely been in line longer than the people who were getting on the ride. We managed to stick it out, though.

After nearly 40 minutes, we finally got called. I was first and was talking to the family that I was to be riding with (we were not in the cars yet). They said that they had only waited 20 minutes standby. :headache: I saw Dug get called to the car behind us. I realized that I was set up to be in a front seat and Dug in a back seat. The front seats have more leg room, so I offered to trade with Dug. He was happy to trade. Went and chatted with my new family. Finally, we were in our limos and on our way:

DHSRNRC2.jpg

Such a fun ride! Anytime you can combine a roller coaster with an ‘80’s rock band, it’s gotta be good! This marks the third thing I normally don’t like, but did this day: upside-down rides. :upsidedow I really do not like to be turned upside-down on rides. It usually gives me a headache. But I like this ride, for some reason. Maybe Aerosmith makes it better, I don’t know. If we had time, I would’ve gone again. But it was about 9:45pm by the time we got out of there.

We decided to take our chances on the TSM line for our last ride. We normally do not wait in the standby line for TSM. We go immediately at opening, which is pretty much a walk-on. Or we go with Fast Passes. So, we weren’t sure what to expect, but the standby sign only said 30 minutes, plus we figured they might be inflating that since it was near closing time. We didn’t mind waiting in line a bit, though, as we never have really gotten to enjoy all the stuff to look at. One of our books pointed out the detail in the crayons—some are new, some are well-used:

DHSTSM1.jpg

Turns out that the wait was only 20 minutes! Not bad! I think it helped that it was close to the end of an EMH night. We hopped on, after having briefly reviewed some tips while in line (using Dug’s iPhone). We did fairly well: Dug got 136,800 and I got 133,100 (with higher accuracy).

After the ride, we strolled out to a bench across the street and rested our feet for a bit, waiting for the park to clear out. This was our view:

DHSTSM2.jpg

We also saw this giant outlet:

DHSOutlet.jpg

Where was this when Dug was looking for outlets to charge his iPhone??? :laughing:

Once we had rested a bit, we slowly made our way out of the park:

DHSLeaving.jpg

If you’ve ever wondered what a Sorcerer Mickey party hat would look like:

DHSPartyHat.jpg

We were out of DHS around 10:30pm. Took the bus back to Port Orleans. First order of business was to see if our new camera had arrived. Went to the front desk and, sure enough, we had a package. Woohoo! Finally, a real camera again! :cool1:

Next, we went to Riverside Mill, as we had yet to eat any real (non-ice-cream) food since brunch. One of the things on our list to try was the make-your-own pasta. I had read about it on a TR once and it sounded yummy. Plus, it was still open!

We were still not terribly hungry, so decided to split a CS credit. We got penne with pesto and a bunch of veggies (I don’t remember which anymore). It came with a piece of bread. I believe we passed on dessert and got an extra drink instead. One of our drinks was O.J., don’t remember the other. Or who had what. It was fun to watch them make the pasta...they do it right in front of you. Here’s the meal:

DHSPasta.jpg

That’s only half the pasta, by the way. It was a large serving and we had already split it into two containers. It was very tasty! It was a nice meal, in an empty seating area, after a busy day. We reflected on all that we’d done that day. It was a truly fun day. After dinner, we took the pretty stroll across the river to our room and fell right asleep!

Back when we were on the bus ride home to POR, Dug had tweeted some tips for doing 4 parks in 1 day. Here are his tips:

• Make time to eat & drink. Easy to get dehydrated. Pack snacks in case you run out of time.

• Early magic and evening magic on same day helps. Day where one park open till midnight could be good too. 14-16 hours helps.

• Be realistic. You have time for 3-5 rides per park, depending on wait times for rides. Big rides are doable.

• Offseason helps. Touring Plans crowd calendar said today was a 4. We rarely waited long, partly by choice.

• Lines from Touring Plans gives a good idea for wait times. Helps you pick which rides have short waits.

• Use FP strategically. In each park 2-3 hours, so long return times don't work. Short returns let you FP a couple rides.

• Listen to WDW Today podcast. They have the best advice for all things in Disney World!

• Have fun! Not something to do every day, but fun to try. Tiring, but no worse than full day of commando touring.

• Tip from wife: slow down & smell the audio-animatronic roses! There is time to take in the magic & that's so much more fun.

That last tip is mine and I really think it was key. We did so many offbeat things that it didn’t feel like a big commando-touring kind of day. It was actually surprisingly relaxed. We had a leisurely meal at Kona. We spent a fair amount of time exploring the Beach Club. We hung out for a decent chunk of Off Kilter’s performance. We never really felt like we were in a rush to get anywhere. We just got to do a lot of different stuff in different parks that day. When I think back on our trip to various things that I enjoyed, a lot of them happened to be on this day. Oh, by the way, we didn’t end up walking too much further this day than we did the other days—about 24,500 steps total.

Up next: We spend more than 2 hours in Animal Kingdom! We also explore the French Quarter and have yummy treats! And we take lots and lots of pictures!

all four parks! wow. :thumbsup2
I bet it was nice to get your hands on that new camera! popcorn::

I can't wait to see what your next day brings. Did you sleep in? Lay by the pool? or do another 24,000 steps. 4 parks in one day, you're my heroes.:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter