The LONGEST PTR ever...2012 here we come! :) *DATES!! PG 10*

Not a trip update. But just a quick "check out the 1st post update!"

We went to the pumpkin farm today and picked out pumpkins (myself, DH, Mimi, Papa, Great-papa, and Keegan). Sooooo there are new pics of everyone...including the so far elusive PAPA!!! :)

Anywho!

Hope my followers are doing well! :)

Happy Halloween!

I am in :cool1:
The days you want arrive is the day I plan to leave...I am going Saturday, Dec 1st until Saturday, Dec 15th, 2012
I have not started my PTR but have started it on my Word pad :thumbsup2 I am also going to try the New Resort

I am in :cool1:
The days you want arrive is the day I plan to leave...I am going Saturday, Dec 1st until Saturday, Dec 15th, 2012
I have not started my PTR but have started it on my Word pad :thumbsup2 I am also going to try the New Resort

Welcome and Thanks for joining in. :)

We'll be staying in the Cars building because that is my sons favorite movie. :)

Have some Halloween pics to post this week. Disney pumpkins and my sons Halloween costume. Hope all my followers are doing well!

Goodness. I've not updated in over a month. Bad Seanaci. :p

Not much going on really. My dad was reading info on the AoA resort...and found an article that said it's not slated to be open till the END of 2012 now. However, upon my own investigating, it looks like they may be opening it in shifts/phases. So, maybe what it meant was that the whole resort would be open by the end of 2012. We'll see.

Not a lot going on in our lives. Been a busy month or so. Thanksgiving was great...quiet. We spent a couple weekends putting up trees and decorating the house for Christmas. And I am happy to say that we are no longer a traditional family when it comes to Christmas decorations. We will only buy Disney Christmas decorations from now on. :) I am sooooooooooooooo excited about this. You just have no idea. :)

Anywho! My sister is here for the holiday weekend...and I'm working on my "free" calander from snapfish.com. So I am off for now!

Hope all my friends are doing well!

Ok...since my trip is now UNDER 2 years away :-)rotfl2:), I figure I better start getting serious about this PTR. :P

I'm beginning to think I'd better keep my old resort choice in reserve, as my dad found an article saying the new resort isn't going to be open till late 2012...which could make getting in a real bugger. So, should the plan to stay at Disney's Art of Animation, we'll be staying at AllStar Music in a family suite. Which isn't a bad thing...because we liked it back in 2008 when we stayed there. And with my sister (most likely) not going in 2012 (long storty...might tell it someday), Keegan being big enough to sleep on the pull out ottoman or loveseat, we should be comfy and not as...cramped this time. :)

Anywho!

Happy New Year to my dear followers. May this be a fabulous year for all of you! :)

As the "Dad" or "PaPa" of this report, I really hope we get to stay at AofA but will be totally satisfied with ASMu. Anywho, you should all know that I love my DD so am looking forward to going back to WDW in 2012. :banana: :banana:

Updating from my phone at 12:40am...or 20 minutes to 1am. Why am i still awake? I don't know.

Anywho. Tenative OOP sit down/buffet meals were discussed today...don't remember how or why they came up either.

Character breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Sit down meal: 50s Primetime

More tomorrow.

As I already posted above, I have a small update...or addition to this PTR.

We (the 5 of us) went to lunch/dinner at Olive Garden yesterday. And I really wish I could remember how we got on the subject of where to eat on our trip (dad, if you remember, please chime in). But, we did.

Mom said, as much as she LOVED the whole experience and the food at Crystal Palace...she wants to do Chef Mickey's in 2012. I can do that. I mean, Mickey is the main reason I like to go to WDW...so why not go and actually meet/greet with him and NOT wait in a line? :) So, I believe we'll be doing breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Oh...and it'll be fun to actually go to a resort for a meal rather than use up a park day for an ADR. :)

The converstaion then turned to wanting to do other places...but not knowing how to choose (as we most likely won't be on a dining plan of any sort and will be paying OOP). I told her the ONE place I've heard great reviews (from the service/atmosphere to the food) was 50s Primetime. She looked at me funny. And so I started explaining it to her. She said it sounds like fun. So, I'm thinking that will be a lunch ADR.

As far as the rest of our meals go, it'll be CS or in-room (as we plan on doing another Gardengrocer order with breakfast foods, milk, kid snacks, juice, water, Pepsi, etc). Perhaps when Keegan is older (much older) and we're going for something other than the rides and to see the world through his eyes, we'll consider a dining plan and more TS meals. :)

Ok. Think that's it. :)

Hello! :goodvibes

I'm all caught up! I cannot wait to stay at the new hotel either! It looks like its gonna be soooo amazing and I think they did a great job picking the four movie themes! :wizard:

I :lovestruc Cystal Palace breakfast. We have not done Chef Mickeys yet. I hear mixed reviews.

I think a 2012 PTR is delightful! I have a mental PTR going for a 2014 trip so I think you are a-ok! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Yeah, dining plan now probably isn't the best idea. 50's primetime sounds like a great lunch ADR!

Hello! :goodvibes

I'm all caught up! I cannot wait to stay at the new hotel either! It looks like its gonna be soooo amazing and I think they did a great job picking the four movie themes! :wizard:

I :lovestruc Cystal Palace breakfast. We have not done Chef Mickeys yet. I hear mixed reviews.

I think a 2012 PTR is delightful! I have a mental PTR going for a 2014 trip so I think you are a-ok! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Yay! Welcome!! :) It's nice to have another reader. :)

I need to go catch up on all the PTR's and TR's I'm subbed to...which includes yours. :P

Anywho! I always plan WAY ahead. In fact, DH and I have been working with a debt settlement company to settle our credit cards (2 of mine, 1 of DH's). I got a letter from the settlement company for my other CC...it's been settled...or will be once the final payment is made to the company the end of February. SO that will leave just DH's CC to be settled out. I figure we'll have his settled out by June of next year (at the very latest, I'm hoping more for Jan/Feb, but we'll see). We pay in $300 a month to a special account which the settlement company uses to negotiate settlements on the CC's. SO, once DH's CC is settled, that's an extra $300 a month we can throw into a vacation account. Not to mention DH's car will be paid off next April...so that's an extra $300...for a total of $600 a month going into a vacation account. I'm so excited. There are a few friends (whom we've met online but never met in person) that we would like to go meet in the near future. Not to mention, I'm hoping, a yearly Disney trip (can you say heaven?). :)

So, I'm planning our 2012 Disney trip now...and just started a rough plan to go visit some online friends in 2013, as well as a possible October trip to Disneyland for Halloween. :D I'm such a nerd. :lovestruc

Yeah, dining plan now probably isn't the best idea. 50's primetime sounds like a great lunch ADR!

My cousin and her family ate there last May and LOVED it. Plus, I've heard soooo many great reviews.

I did tell my dad that with the 2012 trip, if he and mom wanted to try a restaraunt that DH and I weren't up for, they should go for it. :) So, we'll see if any more ADR's (than Chef Mickey's and 50s Primetime) show up between now and the trip. :)

Ok. I think I talked ya'lls ears off long enough now. :P Time to go catch up on PTR's/TR's. :)

Anywho! I always plan WAY ahead. In fact, DH and I have been working with a debt settlement company to settle our credit cards (2 of mine, 1 of DH's). I got a letter from the settlement company for my other CC...it's been settled...or will be once the final payment is made to the company the end of February. SO that will leave just DH's CC to be settled out. I figure we'll have his settled out by June of next year (at the very latest, I'm hoping more for Jan/Feb, but we'll see). We pay in $300 a month to a special account which the settlement company uses to negotiate settlements on the CC's. SO, once DH's CC is settled, that's an extra $300 a month we can throw into a vacation account. Not to mention DH's car will be paid off next April...so that's an extra $300...for a total of $600 a month going into a vacation account. I'm so excited. There are a few friends (whom we've met online but never met in person) that we would like to go meet in the near future. Not to mention, I'm hoping, a yearly Disney trip (can you say heaven?). :)

So, I'm planning our 2012 Disney trip now...and just started a rough plan to go visit some online friends in 2013, as well as a possible October trip to Disneyland for Halloween. :D I'm such a nerd. :lovestruc

:)

We are alike in alot of ways..=) we too were paying off DH's cc from years ago...they garnished his wages and were taking out $750 a month! Being a one income family made it difficult but not impossible....but I was always counting ahead.(still do:lmao:) And now we are finally free from that! Now I can start saving for our 2012 trip!

your dining plans sound yummy. We haven't been back to Chef mickey's since our disaster last time we were there in 2009! But I remember the food being good from our first trip there! We did 50's Prime time on out last vacation...i personally enjoyed it. Although our waiter didn't really do any of the antics with us. My hubby was just so so on it...But I would go back!

So if you do make it out our way for a 2013 Disneyland Halloween we will totally have to meet up! That is my favorite time of year...when all the decorations start going up. First for Halloween then for Christmas! We kinda missed it all this year because we had to let the annual passes expire.(we will be getting them back in a couple of weeks).

I'm gonna jump in here on this ride. 2012 is NOT too far away to plan your trip, lol. DH and I took the kids in 2009 for the first time. DH's first time an DS9 and DD 8 at the time. I cried when DD saw the castle for the first time. :sad:

We drove as well. We live in near Dallas and after picking the kids up from their dad's we began our journey. DD puked all the way there. She gets carsick easily.

50's Prime Time was a BLAST!!!!!:love: Love, Love, Love that place. Our waitress was great and picked on my kids like you wouldn't believe. IT was great!

Just got my first Disney code last night and am waiting for DH to get home so we can decide on a resort. Right now its btwn Pop, POFQ and CSR.

As far as your weight loss journey, baby steps is the only way. Make small changes, it will make you feel successful. Drink an extra glass of water a day, walk for 10 mins, start eliminating prrocessed sugar. DH lost over 100 lbs just by doing that . When we got married 7 yrs ago he weight 270 lbs. Now he goes btwn 165 and 170. You can do it, and we are here to help!

:hug:

Sam, totally would love a DISmeet if we do make the 2013 trip to DL.

As for paying off the cc's, it's been the slowest, most exhausting process. I pray everyday that we are done with it soon.

Overall, it's awesome that we are so much alike. :) Thanks for joining in.

Misplacedtexan (Hehe, love the name), thanks for joining in. And the kind words and advice. It means a lot and helps keep me motivated. :)

So I have a mish mash of gobbledy gook trip related things to get down for future planning ease.

Food:
TS (for certain):
Chef Mickey's
50's Primetime Cafe,

TS (for future trips):
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Wave
Sci-FI Drive-In
ESPN Club (I love hot wings, bonless and bone-in)
Plaza Restaraunt
Biergarten (dunno if I'm brave enough for German food though)
Tutto Italia
Teppan Edo (love love love places like this...sooooo fun)
'Ohana
Coral Reef (we have a Downtown Aquarium Restaraunt here, but it'd be fun to say I dined at the Disney one :P)
Le Cellier Steakhouse (OMG, if DH and I could get a date night while we're there, we'd SO make an ADR)

CS:
Magic Kingdom:
Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bills
Pirate and Parrot (sorry, not looking up the proper name in spanish, lol)
Casey's (maybe for a snack)
The Pinocchio Village Haus
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (ate here in 2008 on our girls night out...food was good...and a nice change from burgers or chicken)

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons
Mexico's CS (I think it's still there...?)
Electric Umbrella
Liberty Inn

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree BBQ
Pizzafari
Restaurantosaurus

Hollywood Studios:
ABC Commissary (ate here in 2008...not too bad)
Backlot Express
Min and Bill's
Pizza Planet
Starring Rolls Cafe (ate here at breakfast one morning...chocolate crosants...OMG!)

Now, I realise, we most likely won't eat at ALL of the CS places. However, it'd be nice to try something new this trip.

Non-park activities:
Tour other resorts (being Christmas, I would love to see the gingerbread houses, not to mention the decorations at the other hotels)
Take the boats (for fun)
Ride the Monorail (I realise this sounds lame, but we rode the monorail 1 time in 2008...I would love to ride the resort line, as well as ride it to Epcot, so perhaps a park hop from MK to Epcot will be on our plans)
Swim (we didn't take our bathing suits with us in 2008...we figured it'd be too cold and that we'd be in the parks all day...so not the case...we were back at the resort 3 or 4 times during our 8 day stay in 2008...and our son was just itching to jump in the pool)
Mini-Golf (this would be a fun activity on a non-park day in between resort hopping or just a relaxing day at the resot)

Dates:

I would really like to get these pegged down a bit better. So, here is what I am thinking...

Dec. 15th - 24th (9 nights, 10 days)
Dec. 14th - 24th (10 nights, 11 days)
Dec. 22nd - 31st (9 nights, 10 days)
Dec. 21st - 31st (10 nights, 11 days)

Depending on work schedules, we may subtract days (leave a day or two early coming home). We'll just have to see what mom's schedule is with the school district (provided they don't cut the librarian position leaving mom (she's the media clerk/secretary) by herself to run a high school library...(if they cut the librarian, my mom is quitting...and I don't blame her one bit...her job is/has been stressful enough withut her having to deal with rude/demanding students and teachers on her own), DH's boss (he was told for this year that he couldn't take the week of Christmas off because "everyone is trying to take their remaining days off that time of year"...last I checked, that wasn't my DH's problem (he gets his vacation request in by the end of January every year), and whether or not my dad can get the time off (he shouldn't be too big of an issue...he's been with his current employer for...shoot 18 years...so he's got the seniority).

And myself. As I've posted previously, I babysit for my neighbors daughter...and due to recent events, I am seriously considering quitting the end of this year (mainly because the money I make watching her son will pay a hefty chunk of my CC bill every month, thus virtually paying it off by the end of this year). We'll see how things go though...I may keep him till the beginning (or end) of next summer (again, the money plays a big part in how much longer I keep the kid).

Ok. Think that's about it for this update. It's been a really long one. :P Thanks for reading. And I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter