The Hersheypark Thread

I went to the park on Tuesday. It felt great to be back and riding roller coasters again.

Candymonium is excellent and my new favorite coaster in the park. It's smooth with some great air time and a good track layout. In the middle of the afternoon, it was only a 5 minute wait.

I was also impressed with operations, almost all rides open and rides were running multiple trains, even Lightning Racer was running 2 trains on each track keeping the wait time less than 10 minutes with the line almost to the ride's entrance.

We have been to the park a few times this season. I felt very safe as far as Covid goes. Most everyone I saw was properly wearing a mask. Those that weren’t were quickly corrected by security. I’m not sure if I’m always catching it on a good day, but in some of the HP FB groups I’m in, a lot of people aren’t reporting the same thing in regards to masks. Social distancing in lines has been pretty good, too.

The best thing about the park this summer is the short, almost non existent lines. We are going to be so spoiled next year. We have had the opportunity to ride Candymonium several times and it’s so much fun!

The thing I hate about the park is the shortened hours. It really makes it hard for us to go to the park as a family during the week because my husband only gets home from work at 5:00 and until we eat, it really isn’t worth it to us. I’ve been going up with my boys during the weekdays, but I really wish some days the park would open later and stay open past 7:00.

We just got back from 2 days at Hershey Park. We stayed at Hershey Lodge and got their stay and play deal. We went to the museum, then to the Lodge’s very nice pool, then to the preview of the park.
The next morning we had breakfast at one of the Hershey Lodge restaurants and went to the Park again. It rained on and off.
I had no idea how much there was to do! Lots of rides for young kids.
The zoo was quick but the bears, mountain lions, and wolves didn’t disappoint.
We rode Reese’s Cupfusion many times. The lines were short to nonexistent for most things. The Waterpark was well attended.
We had fun. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The shopping provided something for everyone.
Next time I’ll try the spa and get to the butterfly garden.

We had a three day trip last week, Wednesday to Friday. It went well. Much busier then last year. We went to Chocolatier when we got there on Wednesday at around 1pm. The wait was 45 minutes. We had been quoted 75-90. They take your number so you are able to do things while you wait.

A lot of times the ride wait times listed on the app were wrong. Thursday we got there just before normal opening, our tickets allow an hour early in summer. It was very busy. They are not opening everything at the same time. The busier times of the day we ended up in the zoo. Things started to get better as it got later. They do seem to pad the wait times a lot near closing.

Surprisingly Friday seemed to be the better day. We did arrive about 30 minutes early and were able to get on Candymonium in about 15 minutes. We went on a lot more rides this day. By around 4:45pm we decided to try Candymonium again. Got to the ride and it said 180 minutes, then it changed to 20 minutes, then 10. The app said 35. The actual wait was about 5 minutes. We decided to hit up Chocolatier again, my son wanted to see the outside seating. This time we were told 1 hour wait. Went to the chocolate tour and looked around that area while we waited. Ended up taking 1 1/2 hours. That meal was very slow. I do not think the kitchen was able to keep up. Hopefully that will get better, but in the meantime late lunch seemed better.

Hope you have a good trip!

Anyone go to HersheyPark recently? Just got a good deal on season passes, so looking forward to exploring the park in more detail over the course of the summer.

Anyone go to HersheyPark recently? Just got a good deal on season passes, so looking forward to exploring the park in more detail over the course of the summer.

We live about 5 minutes from the park and are also season pass holders. My boys will be working there this summer, too. I hope you enjoy the park!

I havent been to Hersheypark since i was in high school. Would love to go once it gets warmer and stays that way.

We are going to Dutch Wonderland on Monday and Hershey on Tuesday....weather is supposed to be hot, hot, hot. We have not been since the kids were little and now we are going with our grandkids!!

We are going to Dutch Wonderland on Monday and Hershey on Tuesday....weather is supposed to be hot, hot, hot. We have not been since the kids were little and now we are going with our grandkids!!

Have a great time! It is supposed to be very hot and humid. Just like Disney, you can get free cups of water at any food stand. Maybe plan on hitting up the water park areas in both parks.

We're going this Friday. We used to go all the time when the kids were little. Haven't been since around 2013. Can't wait to see all the recent changes.

I hope you have a great time! Be prepared for large crowds. There is an Imagine Dragons concert tomorrow night in the stadium. As the day goes on and concert goers leave to go to the concert, crowds will thin out. The weather should be pretty perfect! Enjoy!

I hope you have a great time! Be prepared for large crowds. There is an Imagine Dragons concert tomorrow night in the stadium. As the day goes on and concert goers leave to go to the concert, crowds will thin out. The weather should be pretty perfect! Enjoy!
Thank you! I bought us front of the line passes cuz we’re roller coaster fanatics so hoping that helps with crowds. We have dinner reservations at the chocolatier too. One more sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter