The Half-and-Half Report: My Other Half Runs His 1st 1/2 Marathon! Now COMPLETED!!

Something I can only dream about :angel: But I'm in the camp of needing to have a tidy house before I'd ever let some stranger in to tidy my house! Not that I could ever actually do that.

My mom taught me lots of things, but I think two of the most unusual (and valuable) things she taught me were:

When you are feeling overwhelmed never shelve your family, creative projects, or money making endeavors. Instead, quit cleaning & hire it out. This has worked very well in my life. I almost always have a cleaning service the first few months after I have a baby (I have 3 kids, one is 12 weeks old.) I'm a very budget, penny pinching person & let me tell ya, a cleaning service is worth EVERY penny!:wizard: I think if I cleaned houses for a living, I would still hire mine cleaned every once in awhile.:thumbsup2

The second thing she taught me was to wear makeup on the days I feel horrible. She told me that it is like a happy mask you can put on on the days you feel like crying. That way when you leave the house you can say, "Yes, everything in my life has fallen to pieces, but my oh my do I look good." To this day when me dh sees me all decked out he asks if I'm feeling alright:laughing:

Loved the pedicure story. Poor Kathy - a new pedicure and 20 ways to mess it up! I rarely make it home without smudges anyway! :rotfl: But I think the whole spa and massage thing sound fabulous. I'm jealous! :woohoo:

Still Saturday, 1/6/07:

It’s been a while since my last post, so here’s a little recap of our day thus far: :hourglass

3:30: Ed wakes up, prepares to run half-marathon.
5:15 : I wake up, prepare to be a spectator.
6:00 : Starting gun goes off in Epcot.
7:20 : Hurrah for Ed in the Magic Kingdom!
8:25 : Hurrah for Ed at the Finish Line in Epcot!
9:00 : Ice and Aleve (Ed)
10:30: Bacon and eggs (us)
11:30: Sleep (us)
1:30 : Spa pedicure (me)
2:30 : High step, flat foot, high step, flat foot….

So now it’s 2:30 and our spa appointments over at Saratoga Springs are for 3:00! I hastily change my clothes and make the executive decision to grab a cab to SSR instead of relying on Disney transportation. Ed hinted that he would just as soon stay in the room and relax, but he knew how much I had been looking forward to this, so he made the sacrifice play and we were soon motoring off to Saratoga Springs.

I figured it didn’t make much sense to stress about being late for an appointment to relax, but Ed was already grumping about it. (He hates to be late.) It all worked out okay, though. Traffic had eased considerably and we arrived just in time.

We checked in and I took a little look around. Hmmm. Well, if the GF Spa was quintessentially Floridian and the Mandara Spa was Asian-inspired exotic, then I would have to describe the Spa at Saratoga Springs as, well, I dunno, clean??

Don’t get me wrong; it was perfectly nice. And the peek we took at the fitness center proved that it was huge and very state-of-the-art. The place just didn’t strike me as being all that aesthetically memorable. :confused3 Of course, the fact that there was a small flood downstairs in the women’s lounge area probably didn’t help my first impression! Maintenance men were working on the problem and a manager was there to smooth things over with the guests, but it was a bit distracting to be changing into robe and slippers while a bunch of men were banging and clanking at the plumbing!

I went back upstairs and was shown to a windowless lounge where guests waited to be called for their treatments. I was surprised at how small it was, especially after experiencing the spacious lounge at Mandara. It felt like I was in the waiting room of a doctor’s office; the chairs were straight backed and lined up with not much space in between them. It was rather crowded. With men and women, all in little white robes and slippers. I wondered if this was the way it always was or if we had been “consolidated” in this room due to the flooding. I found a seat, arranged my robe modestly across my legs, and did my best to keep my eyes averted from a few men who did not feel it was necessary to do the same. Ed came in and sat down next to me.

“I feel like I’m in a doctor’s office,” he said, and I laughed. A door opened and a therapist called Ed for his treatment. Fortunately for Ed, it was a female therapist. Off he went to get some relief from his sore muscles. Soon after, a male therapist opened the door and called my name. And although he certainly didn’t look like it, I’ll call him “Brutus.”

He led me to a comfortable treatment room and began asking the obligatory health questions. I mentioned that I had run my first 5K the previous day and that I was really looking forward to a session of foot reflexology. “Have you ever had reflexology before?” he asked. I told him that, indeed, I had, but my last treatment had been a couple of years earlier. “Well I have to warn you, I may do it a bit differently. Some people think I have a firm touch, but you really get the most benefit that way.”

Okay, I can’t say I wasn’t warned!

Just in case you’re not familiar with this therapy, here’s the description from the spa brochure:

Reflexology: "Based on the ancient Egyptian tradition that energy zones run throughout and correspond to all of your body’s major organ systems, this treatment is performed entirely on the feet using a pressure point technique. Reflexology induces deep relaxation and improves circulation." (50 min.)

Now, I’ve had “reflexology” before and always loved it! There was a massage therapist at the health club I belonged to awhile back who did 30 min. sessions that were pure joy. She began by letting you soak your feet in a warm footbath while she massaged your neck and shoulders for a few minutes. Then you would lie down on the table and she would use aromatherapy oil to massage your feet. Throughout the massage she used firm but gentle pressure on various areas on the feet. That’s what I was expecting when I made this appointment. It sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? :cloud9:

Again, I can’t say I wasn’t warned.

I stretched out on my back and Brutus sat on a little swivel stool at the foot of the table. He was thirty-ish, married, very pleasant, and seemed interested in chatting throughout our session. I didn’t mind; I usually enjoy talking with cast members. He began to tell me about how he used to work in the computer field, but became interested in massage therapy when his sister took a class and encouraged him to do the same. I settled into a comfortable position and he wrapped my feet in a warm towel. It felt good. There was pleasant soundscapes music playing and I took a deep breath and closed my eyes with a smile, anticipating a relaxing foot massage. Brutus had other ideas.

He grasped one foot firmly and pulled on my big toe upward as he pressed his thumb into the ball of my foot. I winced a bit.

“That’s a bit uncomfortable,” I said.

“You’ll appreciate this later, it produces deep relaxation,” he replied.
“Well, don’t relax me too much. We’ve got tickets for Cirque du Soleil tonight and I don’t want to fall asleep during the show!” We both laughed.

Ha ha, ha.

More toe pulling and thumb gouging from Brutus. “Ow!” I responded. “You’ve got a lot of tension in that part of your body,” he observed, as he pressed harder. “How about here?” Again with the deep pressure.

:crazy2: “Aggh, Brutus, you’re killin’ me, man!” I sat up partially on my elbows. He looked at me thoughtfully and with a completely serious face he pronounced, “you’ve got a lot of tension in your uterus.”

:rolleyes1

For a wild split second I considered kicking him, accidentally of course. I had my reasons. But I decided that would be very un-Disneylike of me.

“Uh, I do have my period so, yeah, I’d definitely agree that there’s some ‘tension’ there,” I said through smiling, gritted teeth. :bitelip: Then, I stopped smiling. “Now, move away from the uterus before you get a kick in the face!” I don't think he could tell whether I was kidding him or not.

“…And, we’re moving on,” he announced.
“Thank you.” I laid my head back once more and took a deep, cleansing breath. "I appreciate that, really."

And to think, for this I spent $50 on a spa pedicure. :rolleyes: I should have left my feet nasty.

Well, either Brutus eased up a bit after that, or I just got used to the discomfort, I don’t know. But soon, my fifty minutes of fun was over and I was free to use the rest of the spa’s facilities. I made my way back downstairs to the women’s area and poured myself a cup of water from the water cooler. I really wanted to soak a bit in the whirlpool, I didn’t want to bother with taking time for another shower.

(Besides, in addition to forgetting to pack my flip-flops, I had forgotten to pack a bathing suit. Duh!)

So, instead, I just pulled my robe up a bit, sat down on the edge of the tub and soaked my legs. There were five or six other women in and around the whirlpool and we all had a very animated discussion about the various WDW restaurants. I shouldn’t have started talking with them about food, though. It made me hungry!

After about 30 minutes of relaxing like this, I pulled my legs out of the tub and rinsed them off. I got dressed and fixed my hair and make-up before ascending the stairs to meet up with Ed, whom I hoped would be waiting for me. I poked my head into the waiting room… no Ed. I walked around to the front desk/boutique area… no Ed. I sighed. For a man who initially balked at going to a spa, he sure found it hard to extricate himself from one! Last year I waited for a half hour because he decided to use the whirlpool and the steam room! No cell phone use was permitted in the spa, so I took care of our charges and sat down on a couch to wait.

No worries, though. We had plenty of time to get over to La Nouba. And I had to admit it; Brutus was right… I felt very, very, very relaxed. :goodvibes I yawned and stretched.

I just hoped that I could stay awake for the rest of the evening!

Kathy

For a wild split second I considered kicking him, accidentally of course. I had my reasons. But I decided that would be very un-Disneylike of me.

“Uh, I do have my period so, yeah, I’d definitely agree that there’s some ‘tension’ there,” I said through smiling, gritted teeth. :bitelip: Then, I stopped smiling. “Now, move away from the uterus before you get a kick in the face!” I don't think he could tell whether I was kidding him or not.

“…And, we’re moving on,” he announced.
“Thank you.” I laid my head back once more and took a deep, cleansing breath. "I appreciate that, really."

And to think, for this I spent $50 on a spa pedicure. :rolleyes: I should have left my feet nasty.

Un-Disneylike, should have left my feet nasty -:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I literally was laughing out loud after reading that. You write so well. I am addicted to your trip reports and I hope you start a pre-trip one for November, LOL.

“Now, move away from the uterus before you get a kick in the face!” I don't think he could tell whether I was kidding him or not.

And THAT, my friend, is yet another one of those phrases you'll probably never ever see written again :)

Fun report :teeth:

Very fun! I had reflexology regularly when I was chronically ill. It made me SCREAM in pain. She kept saying it was my throat spot & low & behold my tonsils were growing back (I'd had them removed at 10) at the time & infected. Who knew? But I know exactly what you are saying. Many a time I wanted to give that girl a nice kick.

Thanks for such a great report! I'm just back from my morning run so it was a perfect tie into my own day. Hmmm... why is there no massage scheduled at the end of my run? I need to work on that.

You are hilarious!! :lmao: You should be writing your own column. I was laughing out loud. My DH thinks I slipped a cog-"What's so funny on those disboards"? he asks. I have to make him sit down and read this, than he will understand.

And THAT, my friend, is yet another one of those phrases you'll probably never ever see written again :)

Fun report :teeth:

:rotfl2: OMG that's so true!

Kathy, I've never been to a spa anywhere. I should try it sometime. I'm afraid I'd get Brutus also. :headache:

I can't wait to see what you thought of La Nouba. Have you been to any of the Cirque's in Vegas before?

Saturday Night:

Saturday Night??
(All right, who remembers the Bay City Rollers?? Sing it with me, now!)

...on Saturday night, Saturday night!
Aye, aye, aye, aye
I just can't wait!
Aye, aye, aye, aye
I got a daaaayt!!

Okay, sorry for the little side trip back to the seventies! It’s just that as I typed that, the song instantly popped into my head and now I can’t get it out. :music:

Don’t be surprised if you find yourself singing it later….

Bwaah Ha Ha Ha!!

Well, it did feel really good to be going out on an actual date with my hubby. When you work days and your DH works nights (and every other weekend, too), and you have kids (one of whom is autistic), I’m afraid that Saturday night dates become fewer and farther apart with each passing year. My cold was practically gone and I was looking forward to our night out with dinner and a show. :banana:

Make that a show and then dinner. I planned for us to eat after the 6pm performance of La Nouba, primarily because of Ed’s preoccupation with not being late. I didn’t want to have to wait around for a half hour to be seated, rush through dinner with him getting all uptight about making it to the theater; and then having to sit through a ninety-minute show with intense heartburn! :headache: Date night was too precious to risk that!

The other thing I like about eating after a show or a movie is that it gives you a chance to talk about it over dinner. The only problem with my plan was that I was starting to get a bit hungry. Well, why not? It was 5pm and we had last eaten about 6-1/2 hours ago. One thing I’d noticed about this weekend was that our sleeping and eating schedules had been completely thrown off! :upsidedow I remember thinking, “I’m so glad the kids aren’t here,” and then getting hit with a severe pang of Mommy-guilt! I decided that, as soon as we got out of there, I would phone home.

Ed appeared and we walked outside and down a path toward the boat dock, hand in hand. Normally, we would have just strolled across the walkway to Downtown Disney, but we were both a bit tired and Ed had certainly had enough exercise for one day! Besides, a little boat ride at sunset felt more romantic. As we walked along, I noticed that the landscaping around the resort had really matured since the last time we were here and the grounds were really quite pretty and serene. The fragrance of the surrounding flowering shrubs filled the air and the evening was warm and pleasant.

Ed had enjoyed his massage and, as I had predicted, had followed it up with time in both the whirlpool tub and the steam room. Since I was feeling quite good now, I kept the less magical details of my encounter with Brutus the Heavy Handed to myself. We arrived at the dock and were alone for a few moments until a small watercraft buzzed up to the dock and parked off to one side. It was the skipper, just coming onto his shift. Ed struck up a conversation with the CM while I eased my conscience with a call home and had a nice little chat with Tricia and Billy. Well, you can’t really chat with Billy, but he gets his message across:

“Mommy!! Mom, Mom, Mommy! I want a Mommy, please!”

Ughhh. Shot through the heart! :guilty:

Fortunately, he also wanted to get back to his dinner, so he didn’t stay on too long. Everything there was fine, so after Ed spoke briefly to Tricia, we ended the call. The boat was pulling up to the dock.

The fresh skipper took charge of the boat and soon we were headed out across the lake to Downtown Disney. We probably would have arrived sooner had we walked; the boat docked first at the Marketplace and then at West Side. But, we had the time and it was a lovely little ride. The sun was setting and although I consistently tend to forget that I am carrying a camera, the scene was so pretty that I was moved to fish it out of my bag and get a shot of the theater as we approached it from the water.

IMGP0887-1.jpg

This was to be our first time seeing a performance of Cirque du Soleil, and I was really looking forward to it! We joined the throngs that were entering the theater and found our seats. I now regret not purchasing a program because it would really help me to remember a lot of the details of the show. But at the time, my priorities led me to choose a small bucket of popcorn and a Sprite instead! popcorn:: Equally expensive, but the cost was justified when, later that winter, the souvie popcorn bucket was recycled by the kids, who used it to make a snow fort.

Well, there was no photography allowed, naturally, but here’s a copy of the seating plan (courtesy of PassPorter WDW).

half2006.jpg

We were right in the middle of the purple section 204, directly behind the sound and lights guys. They were really great seats, perfect views of everything high and low! Plus, there was the added bonus of having a little ledge on the rail right in front so we had a place to put our cups!

As guests were still being seated prior to the performance, two clown characters moved through the audience and did a few pantomime sketches to entertain us. One of the funniest bits came when one clown was walking down an aisle toward the stage and stopped dead in his tracks when he came to a gentleman with a rather shiny bald head who was seated on the end of the aisle, just a few rows ahead. Since the house lights were still up, they reflected brightly off the man’s head and the clown put his arms up to shield his eyes from the blinding light. The upper tiers of the audience rocked with laughter. The man had no idea, because this was all going on behind him, and it was really funny. He may have been planted in the audience; I really don’t know. But it seemed to be very impromptu and, if he wasn’t a plant and was just a hapless guest, he never gave any indication that he knew he was the inspiration for all the laughter.:rotfl:

I cannot even begin to describe the show, so I won’t even try. All I can say is that it kept us completely in awe for ninety minutes and the time just flew by. My favorite act was the young girls doing tricks with the giant yo-yo things. Ed really liked the extreme bike riders. And, of course, the trampoline finale just needs to be seen in order to be believed!
I highly recommend it, but I’m very glad we decided to do this without the kids. Tricia, age11, would probably have enjoyed most of it, but some parts were a little dark and surreal. I don’t think that Billy, age 9, would have been able to sit through the entire show, especially given all his autistic symptoms. It could be very over-stimulating. :hyper: It’s definitely not for very little ones, that’s for sure.

We exited the theater and took a leisurely stroll over to Pleasure Islandand Raglan Road.

IMGP0889.jpg

(Wow, that came out blurry. Ed looks a lot more handsome on our own computer!)

Last year, Ed and I stopped in here one night for a drink, but this would be our first meal here at the pub/restaurant. There was a l-o-n-g line to check in and, although we were about a half-hour early for our ADR, we got on the end of it and eventually made it up to the podium. The place was packed, but then again, what did we expect? It was Saturday night, after all!

Uh Oh!! Here come those Bay City Rollers again!!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Hey!
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Hey!

(They should get together and have a reunion concert. They could play with Off Kilter, don’t you think? Can you wear a long tartan scarf with a kilt?)

We took our pager and squeezed our way inside, slowly inching our way past the four (!) bars and over toward the area where the house band was playing. I like how they play a mix of traditional and new Irish songs; some of the traditional songs I can remember from my parents’ old records (i.e. Paddy Noonan / Carmel Quinn / The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem). They bring back a lot of fun memories of those great old family parties when I was little. I found myself singing along to a few of them. (And it’s impossible to listen to Irish music without tapping your feet!) :shamrock:

A waitress came by and we each ordered a Murphy's Irish Red. (Sorry, Guinness fans, that brew is just too dark for my taste!) We stood and enjoyed the music and, intermittently, the traditional Irish step dancing while we nursed our beers for what seemed to be a very long time. I asked the waitress for a menu and we each decided what we were going to order. It passed some of the time, but now my mouth was really watering! I tried to distract myself by studying the pictures on the wall and the “authentic” décor for what seemed to be a very long time. Then I thought I might pass some more time with a trip to the ladies’ room, but when I returned, we were still waiting! :rolleyes: My tummy was rumbling so loudly that I was glad no one could hear it over the band! I didn’t dare have another beer on an empty stomach because I’ve become such a lightweight in recent years, I was afraid it would put me right to sleep, standing up! :-)ssst: Don’t you even start with me, Buzz!) And poor Ed, he really needed to sit down… his legs and feet were so tired. The entertainment was great, but we were fading fast! :faint:

Finally, at about nine o’clock, our pager lit up and we were led to a room off the back. There was a huge party of about twenty or so people sitting around a few tables that had all been pushed together in the center of the room….and then there was our cozy little table for two by the unlit brick fireplace. We each sat down in an overstuffed leather wing chair. Ahhhhh! It felt so good to sit! And what seats! We joked that we felt like royalty. The waitress appeared immediately.

“How are you both tonight?” she asked with a slight lilt in her voice.

“Starving!” we answered simultaneously.

Ed told her a little about running the half-marathon earlier. :-)rolleyes1 Honestly, he reminded me of a woman who just can't help herself from telling the story of her recent labor and delivery over and over again to anyone who will listen!) Ah well, kudos to you, honey! Heaven knows I couldn’t have done it! ;)

Having had more than enough time to decide what we wanted to eat, we were ready with our orders right away, so she took back the menus and disappeared off toward the kitchen. I sat back in the inviting comfort of the gigantic chair and rested my head against one of the wings. We must have both closed our eyes for a bit, because suddenly, our waitress was back and telling us to wake up! Our food was here! :banana:

We had both decided that because of the late hour, we would cut right to the chase and just order a main course, no appetizers. If we were still hungry, we could always have desert! The words of my Irish grandmother rang in my ears, “Hunger makes the best sauce!” she would say to us when we were little and wanted a snack before dinner.

I think that was her own secret to keeping her children content with their food, because she was probably the worst cook I have ever known, God rest her! If she let them get hungry enough, anything she put in front of them would taste better! I just seem to remember that she prepared most food by boiling it and used way, way, too much salt on everything. :crazy2: I could never understand why, when she cooked bacon, she would open the package and just plop the entire thing right in the pan without separating the slices! Must be the way they cooked bacon back in Ireland...

Anyway, this Irish cooking in no way reminded me of my dear Nanny’s. I had the "Pie in the Sky"- chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad. Yum. Ed dug into "Kevin's Heavenly Ham"- the chef’s signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of ham with an Irish Mist glaze served with braised cabbage and mashed potatoes. Double yum! Needless to say, we scarfed down every bite! Hunger really is the best sauce!

When we had finished the meal, we decided that we were just too tired to stay out even one minute more, so we sleepily took care of our bill and left. I’ll say one thing, we did have to wait an inordinately long time for a table but, once we were seated, the service was very efficient and quick. We were served our dinner almost immediately and did not have to wait around forever for the check.

We cruised on over to the resort bus stop and it didn’t take too long for our bus to show up. I think we both dozed in the nice, dark bus on the ride back to the Swan! The harsh lights came on again and, somehow, we pulled ourselves together and dragged our weary bodies back up to our room and crashed for the night.

How good it felt not to have to set the alarm! :cloud9:

Tomorrow: MK Lite: 2 (the sequel)

Kathy

Remind me NEVER to read one of your updates on an empty stomach! I am now starving.....

Your meal sounds wonderful and so does the show. I'll just have to convince the hubby we'll have to go back to WDW someday for all the stuff we're going to miss this first trip :)

Marion: As soon as I finished posting, I had to jump up and make dinner... I made myself hungry just remembering that dinner!

MDF: I've never been to Vegas!:scared1:

PittypatBR & Estherhead: No more reflexology for me! Next time I'm getting a facial! ;)
mackeyapp: Thanks for the compliments! :blush: Wow!

mrsksomeday: Nope. Sorry. I started the last TR 6 months out and started repeating myself! My target date is 3 months out, which is sometime in August. :-)ssst: It's already marked on my calendar!)

Thanks for reading!

Kathy

I just got through your report and it's definitley 'ultra-fabulous!'

I have to say that you deserve not two but three or four spa treatments for being the one of the nicest people I ever heard of. That was so sweet to run in the 5K for your DH when you were feeling so icky!

Looking forward to more!

All right, who remembers the Bay City Rollers??

Who were they?, it sounds like a Canadian Roller Hockey Team,

Well, it did feel really good to be going out on an actual date with my hubby.

I know what you mean….well to be out on a date with my wife.
Our kids are older 18 and 22 so they don’t really hang with mom and dad anymore in less they need money.

I would love to take a trip to WDW with just the better half. We go to Disneyland by ourselves and it is really enjoyable to find a quiet place to sit and relax.

primarily because of Ed’s preoccupation with not being late.

My wife can feel your pain.

I hope you don’t mind I now have this as my Wallpaper on my computer at work.
(Not that I am reading this while I am at work)

Equally expensive, but the cost was justified when, later that winter, the souvie popcorn bucket was recycled by the kids, who used it to make a snow fort.

Money well spent I would say

I had the "Pie in the Sky"- chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad. Yum. Ed dug into "Kevin's Heavenly Ham"- the chef’s signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of ham with an Irish Mist glaze served with braised cabbage and mashed potatoes.

Sounds great as I am getting ready to go to lunch and have my reheated-hormone injected-painted on grill marks-chicken breast.

Another great update Kathy, looking forward to more

Goofster,

You've never heard of them because you were not a teenage girl in the 70's!!

Just for you:

Bay City Rollers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bay City Rollers' "classic line-up", circa 1975 (L-R): Alan Longmuir, Les McKeown, Stuart ("Woody") Wood, Derek Longmuir, Eric Faulkner
Background information
Origin Scotland
Genre(s) Pop
Rock
Bubblegum pop
Years active 1969–1981

The Bay City Rollers were a Scottish Pop/rock band of the 1970s. Their youthful, clean-cut image, distinct styling featuring tartan-trimmed outfits, and cheery, sing-along pop hits helped the group become among the most popular musical acts of their time. For a relatively brief but fervent period (nicknamed "Rollermania"), they were a worldwide sensation.

Kathy

You've never heard of them because you were not a teenage girl in the 70's!!

That explains it, that was way before my time :woohoo:

Oh and yeah I was never a teenage girl, no really I wasn't :confused3

My apologies for the unusually slow postings! Ed was away for a few days on a training seminar and I needed to wait for him to return so I could confer with him about what happened next!

(I wish I could remember to take that Ginko.)

I'm off to spend the day down the shore at my sister's; she and her family will be at WDW during the same time we will this November and we're having a "Disney Trip-Planning Meeting." :banana: What fun!

(Normally I would be at work, but the doctor is in Europe for the week, so I have the day off while the kids are in school! :cloud9: )

I'll update as soon as I can,

Kathy

Just doing some catching up.

“Are you dry yet?” she asked doubtfully as I paid the cashier. “Not really, I’m still tacky,” I said. “And, speaking of tacky, I am now going to win the Tacky Guest Award by walking out of here in my foam slippers!” I waved my sneakers in the air. “Guess who forgot to pack sandals!” We all laughed. “You wouldn’t be the first guest who walked upstairs wearing those,” the receptionist said kindly. “Oh, I’m going it one better,” I said. “I’m staying over at the Swan!” and I turned and padded out of the upscale spa and into the hallway of this deluxe hotel wearing the bright orange slippers and rolls of cotton wound between my toes.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Too funny!!!!!!!!!

Kathy said:
The surface of the walkway was rough, and the bottoms of my slippers kept catching on all the little irregularities in the cement. I needed to lift my knees a little higher and step straight down with each step to avoid snagging and tearing the foam. I cautiously made my way along and received more than a few smiles and even comments from other guests I met along the way. I discovered that many people have a penchant for stating the obvious:

“Pedicure?” (Mmm-hmm.)

“Enjoy your pedicure?” (Yes, thank you.)

“Just had a pedicure?” (Uh-huh.)

I was sooo tempted to say, “No, this is the latest style in Crocs! Just got ‘em yesterday; whaddya think?” But, I resisted the urge to be a smartypants :) and just smiled.

:rotfl: OMG....this is good stuff!

More toe pulling and thumb gouging from Brutus. “Ow!” I responded. “You’ve got a lot of tension in that part of your body,” he observed, as he pressed harder. “How about here?” Again with the deep pressure.

:crazy2: “Aggh, Brutus, you’re killin’ me, man!” I sat up partially on my elbows. He looked at me thoughtfully and with a completely serious face he pronounced, “you’ve got a lot of tension in your uterus

:rolleyes1

Your last two posts had me in stiches :lmao:

Have you ever had waxing?? That's what this reminded me of!

Okay..almost caught up...one to go but I'll get to that one this afternoon.

Good stuff Kathy :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Didn't the Bay City Rollers do "War Pigs"? No wait, that was Black Sabbath. My bad. :rotfl2:

Very funny, Buzz!
Only you bad boys listened to Sabbath, we good girls :angel: listened to the Bay City Rollers, David Cassidy, and Bobby Sherman.

Hi, blue!! :wave2:

Goofster: I cannot believe that Buzz let that "I was never a teenage girl" line slide right by!!

AGPrincess: Both my DD and I are enjoying your report; thanks for taking time out to read mine.

(Everybody, go read "Confessions of a Disney Snob." It's "ultra-fabulous!")

I'll post tomorrow... cross my heart!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter