The Half-and-Half Report: My Other Half Runs His 1st 1/2 Marathon! Now COMPLETED!!

I think I like the idea of swinging lazily in a hammock and watching Wishes together from the beach at the Poly, don’t you? pixiedust: I thought so.

Yes!!! I do too :upsidedow

Kathy,

Congrats again to both you and Ed with the marathon.

I enjoyed your report and look forward to reading more of your adventures the next time around :thumbsup2

What a great wrap-up to a wonderful report! I'm so glad you had such a nice time, and thank you for letting us share your fun!

It's so great that you and your DH are going to marathon weekend again next time...and you're going to have a great time at the Poly!! :thumbsup2

Teppanyaki is one of our favorites but since they don't serve fried chicken parts or pizza, we can't go with Moan Boy. :sad2: About every other trip however, Pooh & I will make it there alone when we hire a babysitter for the kids. For me, it's really one of my favorite places. Pooh just goes to make me happy and prefers the Cal Grill.

Jelly Rolls is great but it's a total BAR atmosphere... kind of unlike Disney if you think about it. Bar brawls are always a pleasant treat but if you're tired from marathoning all week, I suppose it could be irritating.

The surrey bike that almost killed you could have been my family!! :smokin: We're really outta control when we rent those things. We haven't ruined one though in years. I took 400 customers to Jamaica in December and rented a golf cart for the week to get around the resort. Unfortunately one night I might have had 12 too many drinks and accidentally lost the golf cart into the Atlantic Ocean... but that's a story for another time.

Kids or no kids... hmmmm.... tough call. We had a lot of fun without kids over the years but to tell you the truth, I can't even imagine being there with Pooh and not have our two little monkeys with us. That's why I go with my sister instead! :rotfl2:

Moan Boy is off all meds. I'll PM you with the details.

Thanks for the report.

In November we'll both be hard at it again... kicking out trip reports. I'd like to go back for Marathon weekend sometime. Last time I was there the weather was fantastic and we really had a great time. I only did the 5k but it was fun to be part of the action. Anyone who runs would have a great time.

You'll love the Poly. It was the first place I ever took my wife on vacation and we've never looked back.

Happy Trails, MDF ---> :banana:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us Kathy... thoroughly enjoyed the ride! I'm so excited to be going on our first trip to 'the world' and reports like yours are like a delicious appetizer :teeth:

:grouphug: Thank you

Marion: I hope you do a trip report; you're such a great poster!

MDF: Buzz, I'm kinda sorry we won't be at the World at the same time; our families would really get along!

AGPrincess: Ahh, the Poly! I can't wait, especially after seeing all your great pics!

Blue: Thanks for coming along with me again! Hey, your August trip isn't that far off!! :banana:

Goofster: Keith, I won't be starting a pre-trip until August (at least.) I learned my lesson about premature trip reporting last time!! See you then, my friend!

mrsksomeday: Ten whole days! :cloud9: Perhaps you'll both have time for a Dis-Meet with us!

Kathy

Have a great summer everybody!! :beach:

I'll be back sometime in August with a pre-trip report for our November family vacation: Another Adventure in Autism: WDW.

'Bye for now! :wave2:

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter