The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

We have a 9c GTY for the 8/25 NYC-Bahamas. Hoping for pixie dust and a verandah, but excited to go regardless!

I have an 8A GTY for the same sailing.

Cool! We have a meet going (very small right now), and plan on getting together day of embarkation at the Vista Cafe. Right now time is set for 3:00 p.m., although that may change once we determine when the DVC gathering is. Join us!

Crazy as this sounds, while an upgrade would be nice, I could care less about that! I'm just anxious to find out what stateroom we will be in!

Welcome to the new folks!! Our ranks are growing! We should make a badge. LOL! :laughing:

Our cruise is 7/7/12 and all the GTY people on our cruise haven't gotten their rooms yet...... so you may have to wait awhile!!

I really hope I don't have to wait this long! I know some who didn't get an assignment until they checked in at the cruise terminal. :eek: That would drive me bonkers.

How do you get a GTY room? Is it an option when you are booking? I've never seen it - if it's a way to save I would like to know how!:stitch2:

I'm not sure how to see it on DCL's web site. On most travel agent sites, if you try to get a quote on a category that is full, they will offer a guarantee room.

We are GTY for a 7a to Alaska in sept. they are still selling those rooms as GTY, so I am thinking it won't be for a while :-/

Hi to the GTY Club !
We have a 6B GTY for the Fantasy Sept 29, 2012 sailing ! I guess I was assuming DCL waits until very close to sailing date to assign ? This is my 5th Disney cruise but first time I have a "GTY". So not sure but excited ! I wish I knew where our stateroom was !

We have 2 staterooms for our 8\5 NYC cruise. One is a named stateroom and the other is an 11B GTY. I keep checking in the hope not of an upgrade but of a cabin close to our named one. It won't matter if not, the second cabin is for my (adult) cousin but it would be nice to be close by.

Mel
x

Did our check-in last night and magically we got one of our three GTy assignments for our 9/22 cruise on Fantasy. The 7a room assigned stayed a 7a but we are really happy with th location on deck 8 room 8022. The other two 11c GTy rooms have not been assigned yet.

I'll join you all
We are a 9c GTY for Canada 8/12

Check daily and nothing- however, we are nearing the 45 days mark- so maybe!

for our stateroom on the 9/1 sailing of the Fantasy. Hoping the tropical storms will all be of the way before then! :rolleyes1

Did our check-in last night and magically we got one of our three GTy assignments for our 9/22 cruise on Fantasy. The 7a room assigned stayed a 7a but we are really happy with th location on deck 8 room 8022. The other two 11c GTy rooms have not been assigned yet.

:banana: Yay!! Glad you got one of your assignments and you like the location. Hope the others come soon too!

I think half of my roll call is here ;). I'm waiting for our assignment as well. 8c gty for the 9/1Fantasy.

I got on this morning hoping that the "they assign rooms on Monday nights" thing would work in my favor this week......nope! :) I am still 68 days out, though ;)

I think half of my roll call is here ;). I'm waiting for our assignment as well. 8c gty for the 9/1Fantasy.

:wave2: Hey Jenn! Yep, still waiting! I do notice there are quite a few people sailing the Fantasy after our cruise who've received room assignments.....is this a sign of hope, or torture?

I now have a Cat 9C GTY reservation (was in an 11C before...I upgraded myself today) and am still waiting here with you! Now I don't care as much about the category. Just excited to be going!

Well, I didn't have to wait long folks! I got my cabin assignment today for our 12/1 sailing. I have a 11A guarantee and got 11A cabin #8001. I'm not thrilled about this room assignment. I was hoping for something ANYWHERE but forward but I'm glad that there will be rooms below and above our cabin. The only inside cabin we could actually choose when I booked was in front of the Teen Club and that was out of the question.

I hope the rest of you don't have to wait long as well.

Waiting on a 5E GTY for the 9/1 Western Caribbean (hey, everyone!).

Last time I booked a VGT and didn't know you could find out your room in advance. Ignorance is bliss! I ended up with a 4B, so magic does happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter