The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! My husband, my 2 year old, one year old and myself are going to WDW in January and staying at pop. Our first family trip together!:love: We are driving down to Florida from NY. How are the parking lots as far as security? Are they close enough to the rooms where won't need to run 100 miles to the parking lot to bring our things back and forth to the car? Never stayed at Pop or drove so a whole new experience for us. Any suggestions for a new comer? :)

Hi Katieam1, we drive down all the time from Long Island. We just booked our next trip at POP for February break. The security is very good there, I mean make sure you lock your car doors, but really we've never had a problem (knocking on wood). I like having our car, because I feel you have more freedom, to go when and where you want, without waiting. I have to say - on the way down you must stop at "Cracker Barrel" restaurants! Good food, great atmosphere, and they're all right along I-95. HTH :woohoo: Have a great trip!

ok i did it...i booked a upcoming trip to WDW and after lots of reading we are booked at POP. i know that everyone round dis has all the right answers i need to make this trip wonderful...so if anyone has advice or tips for these ? let me know

#1 feb how is it that time of the yr?
weather i know is out of wdw hands not really goin to go for alot of swimming but hopin that the weather is ok for the most part

#2 crowds? we are goin feb 2nd - 9th
between the super bowl in tampa on the 1st theres nothing as far as "holidays" until the 16th monday for presidents day so i am hopin that the days we are there arent to bad

#3 location,location,location
we booked a standard room this trip and i noted to the cast member that i needed a ground floor room. so my ? is this (and please dont flame me) i am a smoker (i know bad) i dont smoke in my home , i dont smoke in my car and i dont smoke near my kids. so if anyone can help with this thanks. i need a map with designated smoke areas at the resort or if someone has stayed at pop with the same issue let me know what would be the best location for me. i need to be able to smoke (3-5mins) and still be able to close to the room. my kids are 5 almost 6 when we travel.
well sorry for the long post and thanks everyone
kerri

...How are the parking lots as far as security? Are they close enough to the rooms where won't need to run 100 miles to the parking lot to bring our things back and forth to the car? ....

Hi, Katie, and Welcome!! I agree that the security in the parking lots is a non-issue (also knocking on wood). I walked through the '90s lot several times late at night and never felt threatened or felt the need to do a 360 as I walked. :rotfl:

In response to your question about distance from the parking lots to the room....if that's really important to you, then I suggest you call and have that noted on your reservation. Then you'll also want to fax the same request into them about 5 days prior to your arrival (see Post #1 for details on that). You very very likely could be parked a good distance from your room. If you haven't done so already, read Post #1, which contains links to property maps so you can see for yourself.

Try the mousesavers website...they usually have discount codes. I got my coupon from the Entertainment Book 2009.

We are PLANNING (we'll see if this is how it actually happens) to leave around 3-ish when we pick our oldest up from school, driving until dinner time, eating, changing a diaper and getting into PJ's and then me and hubby take turns driving all night. Mapquest says 16 hrs but I'm planning for 20. (Anyone know for sure? We're actually in Jefferson County). Since the drive home is twice as long, we'll stop somewhere (Chatanooga maybe) for the night. Haven't really discussed the way home trip yet to make exact plans! Before our kids were born, we drove and stopped in Atlanta on the way down, then Chatanooga on the way home. Our kids are not good car travelers so this could be a NIGHTMARE! Oh well, it's Disney!! A nightmare at Disney is still better than a good day anywhere else!

pixiedust: Here's hoping for a free dining trip! pixiedust:

If you stop in Chattanooga, I like these hotels:
chattanooga hotel #1
chattanooga hotel #2

They are right next to each other, and pretty good in both value, and upkeep, AND, they are right off of the highway (24), so very easy to get to.

We use one or the other every trip to Florida.

Hi everyone! My husband, my 2 year old, one year old and myself are going to WDW in January and staying at pop. Our first family trip together!:love: We are driving down to Florida from NY. How are the parking lots as far as security? Are they close enough to the rooms where won't need to run 100 miles to the parking lot to bring our things back and forth to the car? Never stayed at Pop or drove so a whole new experience for us. Any suggestions for a new comer? :)

I requested closest to classic Hall (food court, bus stop) AND the parking lot.
We had a GREAT spot on the parking lot side of the 50s Lady bldg.
We were only a few rooms away from preferred.

The 50s seems to have a lot of parking nearby.

Happy planning! :wizard:

Hi Katieam1, we drive down all the time from Long Island. We just booked our next trip at POP for February break. The security is very good there, I mean make sure you lock your car doors, but really we've never had a problem (knocking on wood). I like having our car, because I feel you have more freedom, to go when and where you want, without waiting. I have to say - on the way down you must stop at "Cracker Barrel" restaurants! Good food, great atmosphere, and they're all right along I-95. HTH :woohoo: Have a great trip!

Thank you so much for the info!! We will be stopping at the Cracker Barrel :yay: Sounds like a place we would like!! Is Pop Easy to find once we get to the area? Our first driving trip so a little nervous about it but hopefully it will go ok! Are the buses there fast? Or should we drive to the parks? Thanks again for your help!! :cool1:

Hi, Katie, and Welcome!! I agree that the security in the parking lots is a non-issue (also knocking on wood). I walked through the '90s lot several times late at night and never felt threatened or felt the need to do a 360 as I walked. :rotfl:

In response to your question about distance from the parking lots to the room....if that's really important to you, then I suggest you call and have that noted on your reservation. Then you'll also want to fax the same request into them about 5 days prior to your arrival (see Post #1 for details on that). You very very likely could be parked a good distance from your room. If you haven't done so already, read Post #1, which contains links to property maps so you can see for yourself.

Thank you so much I think I will do that! I already have a preferred room but was not sure how they run the preferred rooms. I booked through AAA so I was also not sure who to contact but thank you for the information!! We are so excited about the trip!! :love:

Happy planning! :wizard:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!! Reading these have really helped!! :cheer2:

Happy planning! :wizard:

Thank you so much!! Reading these have really helped!! :cheer2:

Your welcome! Just wanted to add that preferred and close to parking lot don't really go together. Check out the Pop Maps on the first post of this thread to get an idea of how that works. Might be better off with standard.
:thumbsup2

We are finally home from our first stay at Pop. We were supposed to also spend 6 nights at WL, but after a terrible 2 nights, we spent the other 4 at Pop also! We absolutely LOVED it. Our first room was 5115 in the back of the 60's facing the lake. It was GORGEOUS, and just what I requested (first floor, close to Classic Hall). The view was lovely and the room was quiet while still being a quick walk to the pool, food court, and buses. During the second part we took a preferred room. I didn't make any requests as I was very flustered at this point and already uncomfortable with the situation. We had room 5363 which was also just lovely. The buses were very efficient and prompt. We only had 2 issues the entire trip. The first was the bus driver took the wrong road back to Pop from DHS and a 5 minute ride turned into a 30 minute ride, but that was the bus driver's fault, not Pop or Disney Transportation's fault. The second was going to MK for MNSSHP. We waited 40 minutes before a bus came. I was 20 minutes late for my ADR but was seated without a problem. I will DEFINITELY be staying at Pop again! I'll be writing more about the trip in my TR. ;)

Hi everyone, we are looking at staying Pop, but I would like an opinion I guess.

We have not decided if staying on site or off site will be best for our family, we are a large group of 15 possibly 16. My question is we won't know until very last minute if the 16 person will be able to come with us. We know we will have to have 4 rooms which will fit 16, but can we just do our package for 15 and add the 16 person last minute, I am talking like a week before.

Any suggestions or answers how this would be handled would be greatly appreciated.:)

Does pop have internet service? I read on the 1st post about you get pay 10 dollars for 15 minutes at certain places but I have a computer and was wondering if you have a computer can you get access? TY:)

Does pop have internet service? I read on the 1st post about you get pay 10 dollars for 15 minutes at certain places but I have a computer and was wondering if you have a computer can you get access? TY:)

I take my laptop all the time. its 9.95 I believe a day and you have the plug under the table I believe.

I take my laptop all the time. its 9.95 I believe a day and you have the plug under the table I believe.

Great! Thank you so much!! Well worth it! My family and I want to send pictures so grandma and grandpa can see what their Grand kids are doing so this is perfect!! Thank You So Much!! :dance3: :cheer2:

It is $9.95 for 24 hours... at least it was in July. I think this is another way that Disney could improve their service... offer free internet access like almost all of the offsite resorts. This is one reason they can afford to offer lower rates on the resorts. We are going to pay the $10 internet fee a day for our stays... some are 10 days in duration. This service makes lots of $$$ for Disney, no doubt. Less any troubleshooting - the bottom line is pure profit. I am sure they have a phenomenal contract with the provider, too. I don't blame Disney for profitting but so many resorts throughout the country offer free access as a perk. Can I help it if I like perks? :goodvibes

just in case anyone is wondering, we forgot the swim diapers. (shame on me right....)

BUT we remember that it was posted that they sell them in the Everything POP!

Thanks...and in case anyone wonders, they dont gouge you on them! They really werent terribly bad! $1.70

just in case anyone is wondering, we forgot the swim diapers. (shame on me right....)

BUT we remember that it was posted that they sell them in the Everything POP!

Thanks...and in case anyone wonders, they dont gouge you on them! They really werent terribly bad! $1.70

Great thank you! Good to know and keep in mind!

I was thinking of putting in a room request for our trip in Dec. I was going to ask for 60's lake view or 50 or 80's pool view. Are those good locations. My main concern is being close to things the kids can do (pool, playground, etc.) then being close to buses. I know that requests are just request and nothing is for sure but would those be good locations? If not can you suggest another.

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

Hi everybody,

we are going to florida in march for our honeymoon, a week in pop (i know its not romantic but we wanted to stay in disney property) then one week at the RPR at universal.

On our first full day I have booked breakfast at cinderellas table for 08:05, my question is is it possible to get to the park via the free buses for this time and what time would we need to set off if so.

I have told them its our honeymoon, not expecting anything but any surprises would be a bonus.

Cheers Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter