The green lanyards

Cruise

Wake up, your month is up!;)
Long, long ago...when the Disney Store was still selling pins and lanyards, I bought the Winnie the Pooh set that comes with the bright, lime green lanyard. More recently, I've read where the parks have implemented a new system where CMs wearing green lanyards only trade with children.

So, my question is - is my lanyard going to cause confusion? Should I think about picking up a new one - in another color - before heading back to the parks? Is this at both DL and DW?

Thanks!
Julie

Hi Julie,
I have been slaving away in my kitchen cleaning out cabinets and stripping wallpaper. It's just a shell right now :(.

Anyway.....

I wore my lime green lanyard at WDW and at that time had forgotten about the green kids lanyard. Many kids came up to me ( I also wear a "guest of honor" badge ) and insisted that I had to trade with them. I really didn't like turning them down or explaining that I was not a castmember but just a guest.

I changed my lanyard the next day.

I did eventually put fun trading pins on my green lanyard and wore it in the parks. It was great fun trading with the kids.

Sooo, I guess it is up to you. If you don't mind trading for anything for the pins that you put on your green lanyard then I say...go for it. BUT...if you put some toughies on your lanyard ...wear another color.

Have fun...
Susan

Hey Susan,

Great idea. I might do "my" trading one day and then when I'm worn down from that (which I'm sure I will be), I'll switch out to the green lanyard and put some basic pins on it. I have some pretty cool Princess pins, if I do say so myself, so there might be some little girls who would like that. Should be a fun day.

Thanks for the reply!

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter