The Girl Cave

Oh noes! He won't leave! ATTACK!!!! Just kidding. We'll trap him so he's forced to talk about spa masks!!! Muahahahahahaha...:woohoo:

So now that I've babbled for ten years, I'll ask a new discussion question:
I'm gonna be a high school Freshman this year. I've always been really good at meeting people and making friends, but I've been at the same school since fifth grade, so there's only been four or five new people a year. I go to a private school, so there'll be a ton of new people next year. How would you guys suggest I go about introducing myself and trying to become friends with people?

Hiya, I've been in the same kinda situation. In England we do schooling different to the US, and I joined my sixth form (just junior & senior year) knowing about 2 people. So at least you seem to have the benefit of knowing some people already! My sixth form consisted of boys that knew each other for 5 years previously, and only 25% of us were girls, so I had an added benefit of instantly bonding with every female! I made friends with the boys and others who knew the school (like I assume you will know your HS) because they offered to help and show me to my lesson etc, and they asked who my teachers were and told me all sorts of stories. Just be friendly and smile, also try not to introduce yourself to someone new when you are with your friends. It can be intimidating when a person you don't know comes to talk to you when they are surrounded by people they already know.

It's such a cliche, but just be yourself. Bonding at school mostly comes around because you are all in the same situation everyday. So a lot of friendships are built over the longterm. :)

I'm gonna be a high school Freshman this year. I've always been really good at meeting people and making friends, but I've been at the same school since fifth grade, so there's only been four or five new people a year. I go to a private school, so there'll be a ton of new people next year. How would you guys suggest I go about introducing myself and trying to become friends with people?

I'm in a similar boat, except I go to public school, and that is ten times worse multiplied by 4 than any private school, by far. In fact, Public School is probably one of the worse things that ever happened to me, and I'm being dead serious sand not exaggerating a bit.

So, on that happy note, high school right now to me is looking nothing short of a massacre. Not least because I have this wonderful way with people. And the people I know from school don't exactly always know I'm there. I'm backround, you see. So, you've got it good comparitively. (that's my only advice/comfort I can give.)

See I'm going to my new public school knowing only 3 people, my cousin, her best friend who like me is academically advanced, and her friend who will be a sophmore who seems really nice. You see my town's school district is strange. My entire town goes to one public school, while my side of the street I live on goes to another, therefore I will be the only incoming student from my town.

I was literally in this same position when I started high school - I was one of like eight kids and the only girl coming from the private school I had attended before. I was a super shy girl back in elementary school, so the idea of having to meet new people in high school terrified me. But how I really did it was I got involved early, playing volleyball and in the school play. Through those activities I made a ton of friends super fast, and then they started introducing me to some of their friends and I soon had met a ton of people. The other way is literally to turn to the girl next to you in homeroom and introduce yourself - I know that sounds kinda weird but they'll realize your new and you might get lucky and end up finding a best friend, you never know. :goodvibes

Oh noes! He won't leave! ATTACK!!!! Just kidding. We'll trap him so he's forced to talk about spa masks!!! Muahahahahahaha...:woohoo:

HAHA. I will change the subject to something masculine.

TOOLS
SPORTS
WWE
HEAVY METAL
TRACTORS
FIREWORKS
GUN
VIDEO GAMES
ACTION MOIVES
EXPLOSIONS
YARDWORK

TOOLS
SPORTS
WWE
HEAVY METAL
TRACTORS
FIREWORKS
GUN
VIDEO GAMES
ACTION MOIVES
EXPLOSIONS
YARDWORK

I like-
video games
fireworks
sports(although, the only one I know well is hockey)
action movies

But who in the world would actually like to talk about yardwork?

Fireworks are the best, I like to take 4th of July pop-it's unwrap them, and dump the gunpowder/flint stuff into a tissue until I get tons of it piled up, then I tie the tissue up and throw the "bomb" into a parking lot. :laughing: And people call me a goody-goody...

fireworks are the best, i like to take 4th of july pop-it's unwrap them, and dump the gunpowder/flint stuff into a tissue until i get tons of it piled up, then i tie the tissue up and throw the "bomb" into a parking lot. :laughing: and people call me a goody-goody...

haha!
I win!

Success-1.jpg

I love funny HP icons. Some of them are innapropriate though. Other's are stinkin' hilarious!!!

TOOLS
SPORTS
WWE
HEAVY METAL
TRACTORS
FIREWORKS
GUN
VIDEO GAMES
ACTION MOIVES
EXPLOSIONS
YARDWORK

i like video games.. and yes, im a girl.
take off heavy and i enjoy some metal :-)

haha yardwork.. i dont think anyone likes talking about yardwork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter