The GH Official Thread Part 3

I’m having a hard time with the way they’re portraying the Mike story. He stopped eating days ago, at least. He should be lying in bed, in and out of consciousness. There’s no way he should be fully alert, standing up and feeding a horse. I know things are different in soap land, but this is just too unrealistic, especially after watching my dad’s decline and losing him last year.
I agree. My dad died of lung cancer and in his last days he would not eat and went in and out of consciousness. There is no way Mike could just wake up like that and be well enough for an excursion. Like you said it's soapland, but this just hits way too close to home.

I agree with you both. I got very emotional during the ‘Mike not eating-Feeding tube or not’ episodes, remembering what my father went through in 2015. When he stopped eating and being verbal, he never got out of bed again. He passed in less than 2 weeks.

Watching the episode today, it’s obvious the writers aren’t concerned about being authentic. At least I didn’t get emotional today!

And how are these people so resilient? Michael and Willow had the worst night of their lives. He took a vase to the head. She wakes up, puts on a party dress, is all smiles and they take Wiley to the park. Carley fought with Nelle and watched her fall off a cliff. Now she’s cheerfully walking around a horse stable in high heels and eating junk food with Felix. And how about Brooklyn? She had her throat slashed, barely survived surgery, needed a transfusion and the very next day she looks great! Her hair looks nice, she’s wearing make up, sitting up and fully alert!

The only realism on today’s show was when Olivia said she didn’t want to get on a plane without hand sanitizer!

I really enjoyed Eden McCoy's acting today (Joslyn). I think she did a great job in her scenes with Mike. It made me sad he won't be around for those life moments.
I lost my own mom to Alzheimer's in 2011 after 10 years of it. 5 with me taking care of her in my home, then 5 in a good facility.
I agree that Mike would never have been able to go to the track, but since it's a soap, I let it go and it was nice closure for Sonny.
How I wish we would've been able to have a day like that with my mom at the end. :flower3:

I'm wondering if the absence of Laura Collins, Bobbi, and Monica have to do with Covid and the actresses ages/being at higher risk. I'm not sure whether their absence is GH's request or theirs, but I don't think it's storyline dictated-I think the storyline was written to accommodate them. On the other hand the male performers in that age group (Cyrus, Michael Knight) probably expressed their willingness to work. Does anyone else think so?

I'm wondering if the absence of Laura Collins, Bobbi, and Monica have to do with Covid and the actresses ages/being at higher risk. I'm not sure whether their absence is GH's request or theirs, but I don't think it's storyline dictated-I think the storyline was written to accommodate them. On the other hand the male performers in that age group (Cyrus, Michael Knight) probably expressed their willingness to work. Does anyone else think so?

Could be, although we saw Monica when Wiley was kidnapped. Bobbie was at the MetroCourt with Carley the other day. Laura might still be on a Covid break.

I had a thought today that with Jax helping Nina find her daughter, it will probably end up being Nelle. Because now it sets up the drama of him wanting Nina to have closure and so will he ask Carly to confess what happened with Nelle falling off the cliff?
Which I'm not sure why she wasn't found if she's dead, because the police were canvassing the area and she and Carly didn't run very far from the cabin.

OK, I admit it. I've been avoiding GH. Next week will the the one-year anniversary of my dad's death and I just can't deal with the Mike story. How sad has it been? I want to see the other story lines play out. Should I fast forward the Mike parts or just deal with them?

OK, I admit it. I've been avoiding GH. Next week will the the one-year anniversary of my dad's death and I just can't deal with the Mike story. How sad has it been? I want to see the other story lines play out. Should I fast forward the Mike parts or just deal with them?

It's been very touching, but it definitely made me cry. If you can wait a few days, I think we are right about at the end of that rough part of the storyline. There's been some flashbacks, and some 'what might have been' scenes; and people coming to say goodbye.

Was it ever confirmed that Shilo was in fact the legal recipient of Oscar's ELQ shares? I don't remember that happening. So when they get back to that little detail, Nell's shares can revert back to the Q's which will then nullify the sale of her shares to Valentin. We can also bring Drew back from the dead getting back those shares lol. Valentin/Silas problem of running GH solved..... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I've been avoiding it too, too reminiscent of my dad's death. Although he died of lung cancer, his downward spiral at the end is too much like what Mike is going through.

I've been avoiding it too, too reminiscent of my dad's death. Although he died of lung cancer, his downward spiral at the end is too much like what Mike is going through.

At least I'm not the only one avoiding Mike's death scenes. I'm dealing with a family member's illness and probable upcoming passing now, and this makes me so sad and uncomfortable. But I kept saying I should watch it.
I missed the whole thing with Elizabeth and Franco vs. Ava and Nicholas. Are E/F deliberately doing something to A/N? And did they know that their pictures involving the kisses were being taken? I seem to have missed any plans. Or is there an affair really in the works?

For those who have been needing to avoid GH recently
Mike passed today. Very touching, all the 'flashes' lead to Sonny leaving Mike's side so Mike didn't have to go in front of his son (Jason got it earlier, but Sonny didn't). He passed alone, but peacefully. Probably a few days of grieving scenes/funerals, though.

Also
Olivia went with Robert Scorpio to try to see Dante. Dante wouldn't see her; Robert got a phone call that he thought was...dun dun....Holly. Robert and Olivia galloped off to Monte Carlo, where the call was traced to, and ran into...dun dun...Ethan. Robert and Ethan have been captured by a bad guy.

As far as the Franco/Elizabeth/Nicholas/Ava thing, A and N are (I think) trying to set each other up. I'm not 100% about the E & F thing, but they did discuss what was happening with A & N, so? A & N ended up together at the cabin (where Nell disappeared?), with Avery, and were very lovey.

Definitely very touching, been crying everyday.
The Monte Carlo storyline is a little bit clunky BUT I'm glad they're doing something else and I miss the days of a young Robert Scorpio. Glad Olivia is getting something to do as well.

Great to see Emma Samms back on. I had a feeling Holly would be alive, was just wondering if it would be the original actress. I wonder who has her. I would guess Helena, but she's dead; right.

Great to see Emma Samms back on. I had a feeling Holly would be alive, was just wondering if it would be the original actress. I wonder who has her. I would guess Helena, but she's dead; right.

I read that Emma Samms had Covid several months ago and was still having symptoms. I guess she's gotten well enough to do some filming.

OMG, love that Scotty is working with Franco and Elizabeth. I couldn't understand why Scotty would be blackmailing Ava and Nikolas. I just don't get why Franco and Elizabeth are blackmailing them, but I'm guessing they were tired of being used by Ava and Nikolas.

Tad and Jenny Gardner on GH!! :flower1:

Those who watched All My Children in the 80's will get this...:-)

Wouldn't it be a cool thing for the 2 actors to have a meeting that starts with something to the effect of "Haven't I met you before?" or "You look familiar?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter