The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

With apologies for not reading the entire thread, can anyone confirm that the expiration stacking strategy actually works in practice? As I understand it, here is how it would work: (1) book your first LL for soon after park opening; (2) wait until just a few minutes after the expiration of your first return window (without scanning into the ride), and then book a second LL for ASAP; (3) immediately scan into your first LL, during the 15-minute grace period; (4) immediately book a third LL, so that you now have two active return windows; (4) continue to roll the stack--booking a new LL as soon as you sign into a previous one--and thus have two LL slots for the rest of the day.

Has anyone actually successfully done this?
It 100% works. Was holding 3 most of the day at MK today via combo of expire and 120 minute eligibility. Booked HM for 10. RD in rain so short lines , then expired HM . At 1102 booked JC for 130 (120 min rule) first tapped into HM at 1105 and booked Splash, then after second tap added BTMR. Don't think the first or second tap mattered, just that after 120 min I was eligible to book and after expiration I was also eligible to book, then after ride (second tap) was again eligible to book. Worked great all day, w the caveat that it was low crowds due to terrible monsoon rain

The iPhone 6s works as well; just checked.
Thanks, I believe his old phone was the model before the 6s and does not have the right iOS for Genie plus. He was able to get a new phone through work, but it hasn’t been delivered yet. Glad to hear the 7S works!

It 100% works. Was holding 3 most of the day at MK today via combo of expire and 120 minute eligibility. Booked HM for 10. RD in rain so short lines , then expired HM . At 1102 booked JC for 130 (120 min rule) first tapped into HM at 1105 and booked Splash, then after second tap added BTMR. Don't think the first or second tap mattered, just that after 120 min I was eligible to book and after expiration I was also eligible to book, then after ride (second tap) was again eligible to book. Worked great all day, w the caveat that it was low crowds due to terrible monsoon rain

now I am confused. To clarify I am going to list the times you booked the reservation-NOT the time you were scheduled to get on the ride.

LL1 (HM) at 7am -expired at 11am.
LL2 (JC) at 1102am because of the 120min rule
LL3 (S). at 1105am because of expired ressie
LL4 (BT) At 1110am because of second HM tap

So at 11:10am (ish) you had three active LL reservations-JC, Splash, and BTM all reserved and unused?

if that is what happened it would not only show that the exploit is working but that Disney will also allow you to hold multiple slots unreserved. Since your two hour window happened at the same time as your ressie 1 expired, if you then proceeded to make 2 LL before your second tap-in at HM, then that means you had two active open available slots at 11am. The first tap does not activate availability (unless the ride only has one of course)

Is this what you are saying happened?

Last edited:
I've read through many pages of this thread and I haven't seen the following discussed.

Molly states at about minute 48 of her video that unlike FP+, party size is not a factor in Genie+ selections. The system will show you the next available time regardless of party size. For those that have used it, do you find this is true in practice? If so, I may seriously reconsider Genie+ for our party of 7 on November 22 at MK.

The SECRET to Using Genie+ in Disney World's Hollywood Studios - YouTube
We have a party of 4 riders and Genie+ would show 9 am but while booking push us to 11 am (no conflicts). It also did the opposite with ROTR. MMRR was down so we got an anytime pass and 2 extra MMRR passes (we bought for 4). It took me 3 times to purchase MMRR and I got an error while purchasing; got logged out, code pasted from email etc.

At 11:04MFSR was pushed to 6:50 pm; TOT 6:30 pm. Refresh actually kept pushing RnR further out (booked 4 riders) and I could only get 3:30 (although it would show me 2:50 available); by 1:25 (just happened to check) TOT was sold out for the day

now I am confused. To clarify I am going to list the times you booked the reservation-NOT the time you were scheduled to get on the ride.

LL1 (HM) at 7am -expired at 11am.
LL2 (JC) at 1102am because of the 120min rule
LL3 (S). at 1105am because of expired ressie
LL4 (BT) At 1110am because of second HM tap

So at 11:10am (ish) you had three active LL reservations-JC, Splash, and BTM all reserved and unused?

if that is what happened it would not only show that the exploit is working but that Disney will also allow you to hold multiple slots unreserved. Since your two hour window happened at the same time as your ressie 1 expired, if you then proceeded to make 2 LL before your second tap-in at HM, then that means you had two active open available slots at 11am. The first tap does not activate availability (unless the ride only has one of course)

Is this what you are saying happened?
Actually now that I'm reviewing it in my head , it's odder than that. Actually booked PP at 7am for 11, but rode it standby after 7DMT (the only benefit of monsoon, near walk ons both) so changed it to 11 HM. So by our current understanding of the rules the 120 probably shouldn't have been in effect. Unless it's actually not "using" a G+, instead of merely making one @120 min. Which would have some logic so a later G+ res wouldn't have people shelling out 15 just for one or two uses a day.

So unclear on exactly how it worked,.but I had all three active (and used them through the day) by 1105

Edit to add: it's possible this is just another.example of garbage Disney IT , in this rare case that actually benefitted me

At epcott, havent even used it. Got here at rd, and walked on everything. Waiting for remmy to come up, will hit figment and the spacip earth on the way out. So, frozen, sorring, living, mermaid, seas, 3 cabeniaros, now at BB sing along. Remmy, and out. If i wanted to i can G+ for sorring etc. But we did what we wanted allready and no wait. Just a lot of walking. Lol. Wished they opened 3 cab in mexico earlier.

This is why I would never add it to my entire stay/ticket package. There are just some days and parks where you simply won't need it.

I guess I haven't always been explicit about it, but everything I've been posting about I have verified as working. Disney can change many of the policies for Genie+ at any time, but as of last week, it worked I've said.

So you are saying "(1) book your first LL for soon after park opening; (2) wait until just a few minutes after the expiration of your first return window (without scanning into the ride), and then book a second LL for ASAP; (3) immediately scan into your first LL, during the 15-minute grace period; (4) immediately book a third LL" would work?

I thought I was understanding that eligibility would be reset once the second LL was booked because the time window had expired on the first and that the only way to get the third would be to implement the 120 minute rule (which would not be an option at 10:XX am

Am I misunderstanding the original question....I don't think PP was asking about implementing the 120 min rule.

I read it as what he was asking is something like this

At 7am book first G+ for 9:30-10:30am
at 10:31 book second G+ using expired time window of first G+
At 10:35 scan into first G+ and book a third

I did not think that would work and that the eligibility was already reset when he booked his second and for this to work the 120 minute rule needed to be in play. Am I incorrect with that?

100%. Pain to manually add, but we are likely going to use it 2 out of park 4.5 days here
Agreed. We will likely use one ILL for the morning and pair with early entry.rope drop on most days and then use G+ for the afternoons and evenings with another ILL.

I'm sure this has been asked, but does anyone know if Genie+ allows you to book another LL after you use one of your ILL$, or does the system recognize those as separate from Genie+ and you will need to wait to use your Genie+ LL before selecting another? Am I making sense? TIA.

I'm sure this has been asked, but does anyone know if Genie+ allows you to book another LL after you use one of your ILL$, or does the system recognize those as separate from Genie+ and you will need to wait to use your Genie+ LL before selecting another? Am I making sense? TIA.
Genie+ and ILL$ are completely separate. You do not need G+ to purchase ILL$. So no, buying and using your ILL$ would not change any rules for using G+.

I'm very surprised based on this that Disney hasn't switched SDD to IAS and MMRR to G+.
I don't think they are going to wiggle much before the holidays. I wouldn't be surprised if things change Jan 2ndish.

I know I can try for a BG for Remy but I've read that the wait to actually ride after your BG is called seems to be in the 30 minute range. I don't think my 2 year old is going to be able to wait that long. Paying for the ILL$ might be worth it if the wait isn't as long as the BG's. Anyone have experience they can share?

I'm about two months out from a family of six trip to WDW and am busy reading up on G/G+/LL. We have tickets but haven't assigned them to individuals yet. Aside from assigning the tickets and making park and restaurant reservations, is there anything else that I need to do with setting up G/G+ now?

For resort guests to book at 7am on the day of check-in, are the ILLs available? The website says you need a resort ID. If you haven't checked in, where do you get that resort ID?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest