The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

OH MY GOSH, I'm so overwhelmed by this long post/ changes etc and the new Genie+/ Lightning thing that you pay for. Can anyone recommend a place where I can read about these two things that Disney has introduced? Something with all the rules etc? We plan on going to WDW January 2023. Taking a Teen Star Wars nut. His life dream is to ride the rides and make a light saber. Trying to find a way that he can do this.
Also, if you aren't going until 2023, I would definitely come back and read more because hopefully they make changes for the better to this system by then. There might also be new strategies at that point.

Also, if you aren't going until 2023, I would definitely come back and read more because hopefully they make changes for the better to this system by then. There might also be new strategies at that point.
I'm not spending too much time right now learning all the ins and outs of G+ yet for this very reason. When it gets a little closer to our trip, I'll dig in a lot deeper to the detailed strategies, but I don't want to spend lots of time figuring out the system and then discover that they changed it before we get there and I have to "unlearn" a bunch of stuff.

I'm not spending too much time right now learning all the ins and outs of G+ yet for this very reason. When it gets a little closer to our trip, I'll dig in a lot deeper to the detailed strategies, but I don't want to spend lots of time figuring out the system and then discover that they changed it before we get there and I have to "unlearn" a bunch of stuff.
This makes a lot of sense! I tried to learn about it when it first dropped in October but then had to 'relearn' it after changes were made. Easier to wait until closer to your trip to find out what the current system and strategies are.

These boards are amazing! Not only are they informative, but they get me so excited for the trip! Thanks.
Not to be too discouraging, but, as you read the boards more, you may also get discouraged and overwhelmed by all of the planning that is needed to get the most out of your trip. Just be as ready as you can and try to have a great time. I'm cautiously optimistic about our upcoming April Spring Break trip. I'll still be at Disney World so I'm still going to have fun!

Not to be too discouraging, but, as you read the boards more, you may also get discouraged and overwhelmed by all of the planning that is needed to get the most out of your trip. Just be as ready as you can and try to have a great time. I'm cautiously optimistic about our upcoming April Spring Break trip. I'll still be at Disney World so I'm still going to have fun!
I read those too and negative reviews help too. Trying to stay positive. But my family goes in knowing that during Easter it will be packed, pools crowded, and restaurants packed. We are hoping that genie plus saves us SOME time from standing in lines.

Hoping someone can give me advice. We are heading to HS next Friday. The goal is to ride both Star Wars rides as we have not ridden those before. I’m willing to pay for whatever makes the most sense. We are staying onsite as we have a cheer competition. I have also heard that the cheer participants will have special extra hours at HS that night. What are my chances of getting a $LL for RofR at 7:00 and also scheduling smugglers run via Genie+? Will I be able to schedule a late morning afternoon time for those or do you think they would be evening reservations? We could come back for extra evening hours and maybe ride again. What would you do?

Hoping someone can give me advice. We are heading to HS next Friday. The goal is to ride both Star Wars rides as we have not ridden those before. I’m willing to pay for whatever makes the most sense. We are staying onsite as we have a cheer competition. I have also heard that the cheer participants will have special extra hours at HS that night. What are my chances of getting a $LL for RofR at 7:00 and also scheduling smugglers run via Genie+? Will I be able to schedule a late morning afternoon time for those or do you think they would be evening reservations? We could come back for extra evening hours and maybe ride again. What would you do?
Here's today's Thrill Data map of Lightning Lane availability. Looks like Millennium falcon was available until 11am, so get your RotR LL purchased first, I'd shoot for mid afternoon, then go for the millennium falcon pass and see if you can get one for nearly the same time as your RotR pass.

Screenshot_20220304-185556.png

So looking at Mar.4 data, there was basically NO lightning-lane rides available AT ALL for Slinky Dog... How is that possible? What the heck is wrong with the I.T behind the Genie+ system?

So looking at Mar.4 data, there was basically NO lightning-lane rides available AT ALL for Slinky Dog... How is that possible? What the heck is wrong with the I.T behind the Genie+ system?
They were available but they were all gone prior to 7:10AM which is the first time marker displayed on the heat map above. All SDD LL are filled within seconds of being released at 7AM. After that, the only time one may become available is if someone changes their plans and drops their LL reservation to allow someone else to get it.

I read those too and negative reviews help too. Trying to stay positive. But my family goes in knowing that during Easter it will be packed, pools crowded, and restaurants packed. We are hoping that genie plus saves us SOME time from standing in lines.
We’ll be there the same week! We’ll send each other some positive vibes! 😉

So I just realized that the day I planned on using G+ to stack LLs in the evening at DHS is also the day that I'll be on my keys to the kingdom tour (on Thursday). Meaning I'll only be able to use my phone at 7 am, lunch, and after the tour is over (like 3:30ish).

It looks like there will hardly be anything available to me, so should probably just not get G+ that day? The rides I wanted to use it for the most are SDD and MMRR, with other stuff being gravy.

Chincoteague
Here's today's Thrill Data map of Lightning Lane availability. Looks like Millennium falcon was available until 11am, so get your RotR LL purchased first, I'd shoot for mid afternoon, then go for the millennium falcon pass and see if you can get one for nearly the same time as your RotR pass.

View attachment 652119
You should be a itinerary planner for Disney guests! Just looking at that data map stresses me out. We need people like you.🤣

So I just realized that the day I planned on using G+ to stack LLs in the evening at DHS is also the day that I'll be on my keys to the kingdom tour (on Thursday). Meaning I'll only be able to use my phone at 7 am, lunch, and after the tour is over (like 3:30ish).

It looks like there will hardly be anything available to me, so should probably just not get G+ that day? The rides I wanted to use it for the most are SDD and MMRR, with other stuff being gravy.

It's just before noon eastern and right now MMRR is available for a 5:30 p.m. LL. I think there is a chance you can get both. There's a chance you could end up with just Slinky, so the question is if that is acceptable.

You should be a itinerary planner for Disney guests! Just looking at that data map stresses me out. We need people like you.🤣
I'm actually putting together some tips on my personal blog for planning a trip😂 still working on it and not sure it'll help many, but fun to do

Not sure id always be able to provide specific info like that, but reviewing thrill data is pretty fun.

It’s up to you but I’m not sure I would purchase G+ that day if it’s a busier day in the parks as not sure how much you’ll be able to grab at DHS by noon and 3:30.

Does anyone know when the Frozen Genie+ sold out today (weekend).

We have Epcot on our checkin day in a couple of weeks (Sunday) and hope to be in the park around 4:30 pm. We were going to buy Remy, eat around the world showcase and ride Frozen (Genie+) and maybe Test Track (need to rider switch) and then line up for watching Harmonious (couldn’t watch in Nov because ADR took 2.5 hrs).

Does anyone know when the Frozen Genie+ sold out today (weekend).

We have Epcot on our checkin day in a couple of weeks (Sunday) and hope to be in the park around 4:30 pm. We were going to buy Remy, eat around the world showcase and ride Frozen (Genie+) and maybe Test Track (need to rider switch) and then line up for watching Harmonious (couldn’t watch in Nov because ADR took 2.5 hrs).
Here's Frozen Ever Afters availability map since switching to Genie+ last week. Looks like some days last awhile and some go quick, but I wouldn't count on it being available at the 2 hours after park opening very often.

Screenshot_20220305-115134.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter