The Fountain Bluegreen?

sheboz

Mouseketeer
Looking for feedback on the Fountain Bluegreen. We are a family of four, our son has a auditory processing disorder so please give your opinion as well as details to the location of your room. Was it quiet could you hear your neighbours? Outside noises? Any info would be great!

Hi! I stayed there with my family two years in a row...2006 and 2007. It was undergoing construction at that time, but from what it was then, it was a great place to stay! From what I remember....we stayed in the building across the way from the clubhouse the first year and in a building further away the second...it was a pretty subdued place. I don't know if it was because we had quiet neighbors, or if the rooms are well insulated, but I don't remember hearing anything from the rooms near us. It was a beautiful place to stay, though! I'm sure it has only gotten better.

I would also like more information on this resort. We will be staying at the Fourntains July 6 to July 13!

Found this website with good reviews for The Fountains...Trip Advisor
Hopefully someone else here on the boards can give you a recent review as well. :goodvibes

I stayed here for a couple of days in July 2011. I enjoyed it. Plenty of space, I didn't hear any noise from neighbors, the rooms were spotlessly clean. All the appliances were updated and the furniture was comfortable. The pool was great fun. There is a few restaurants in walking distance and a publix right down the street. It was about a 15 minute drive from the park and not too far from International drive.

We had a two bedroom. Here are some pics:
DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

Thanks CreightonsMomma for the pictures. I will be there in May for a few days. It looks very nice.

Also helpful that the publix is close.

Do you remember if the pools were heated? We're thinking about staying there for a week in Aug 2013. :)

& From the pictures it looks like you stayed in a '2 Bed Superior' suite - there's 5 different suite layouts.

:tink:

Do you remember if the pools were heated?

The indoor/outdoor pool by the lake is heated; the big "Wakoola Springs" pool is not.

From the pictures it looks like you stayed in a '2 Bed Superior' suite - there's 5 different suite layouts.

I expect you're right. Most of the units there are the 1190 sq foot 2 BRs. Buildings 3 & 4 have the 1343 sq foot "Deluxe" 2 BR, the biggest units short of the presidential, but also the 1034 sq foot 2 BR "standard, which are the smallest. If you're trading in through RCI, the Deluxe are the Oasis Lake ones that sleep 8, and the standard the Oasis Lake that sleep 6. Building 10 has all the Presidential and Superior units, meaning those either face the road or the pool (I think there are some regular units in building 10 as well but I'm not sure). All the other buildings have just the regular ones.

I booked an Oasis Room that sleeps 8 through RCI via a timeshare exchange. I heard rumors that buildings 3 & 4 are in the process of being renovated. Does anyone know if this is true?

I assume I will be in Buidling 3 or 4 based on the description of sleeping 8????

The indoor/outdoor pool by the lake is heated; the big "Wakoola Springs" pool is not.

I expect you're right. Most of the units there are the 1190 sq foot 2 BRs. Buildings 3 & 4 have the 1343 sq foot "Deluxe" 2 BR, the biggest units short of the presidential, but also the 1034 sq foot 2 BR "standard, which are the smallest. If you're trading in through RCI, the Deluxe are the Oasis Lake ones that sleep 8, and the standard the Oasis Lake that sleep 6. Building 10 has all the Presidential and Superior units, meaning those either face the road or the pool (I think there are some regular units in building 10 as well but I'm not sure). All the other buildings have just the regular ones.

Thanks for replying. :) If we're going in August do you think the main pool not being heated will matter?

& Thanks for all the info on the layouts, it now all makes sense to me! :thumbsup2

If you book direct through their website it only lists a 'Two Bedroom Suite', so i'm wondering whether you can ring up/email them & request a certain suite? For e.g, a '2 Bed Superior Suite'. As i don't know whether certain suites are only available to members.

:tink:

I stayed there in a 2 bedroom this past summer and loved it. I didn't have any problems with any unusual loud noises or hearing the other guests through the walls. I don't remember the bldg number we were in but the front windows over looked a cow pasture and when the fireworks went off at Sea World, we were able to see them from there. The back over looked a small pond, not the lake & was able to see a pool from there, not the club house pool but the other pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter