The FORTUNE COOKIE SURPRISE TRIP To Disney-THE SURPRISE!

Amy what a small world. I have lived in westerly all my life. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

hfrink13 said:
Amy what a small world. I have lived in westerly all my life. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Thanks again for sharing your story with us.
Talking about Westerly sure brought back a lot of memories! We lived on Shore Road and I spent many a day with my friends on Misquamicut Beach(forgive the spelling, it has been a long time!) May I ask how old you are? Just wondering if perhaps we went to school together at Dunn's Corners Elementary!
Amy

Amy, I am 35. But I did not go to Dunn's Corners, but my husband did and my kids do now. We live in Dunn's Corners. It's so funny that you lived here when you were little. And even stranger that you went to Dunn's Corners.

hfrink13 said:
Amy, I am 35. But I did not go to Dunn's Corners, but my husband did and my kids do now. We live in Dunn's Corners. It's so funny that you lived here when you were little. And even stranger that you went to Dunn's Corners.
Sure is a small world, isnt it?! ;)

I would like to thank you all for supporting my mother in this surprise, and I would also like to thank my mother for this surprise!!!!! :cheer2: She had always been the best in my eyes :cheer2: , but this time she has certainly outdone herself, dad too of course :thumbsup2 . The thought that I get to share my first trip to WDW with all of the people I love the most certainly brings tears to my eyes and the goose bumps shortly follow. I have always dreamed of going and I may be a 25 year old woman but my poor DH will have 3 children to look after on this trip since I am sure I will be the same as our 5yo DD. I have been reading posts on here and just happened to email my mom about this site, what a small world it is that this would be the one that she uses as well. Anyway, thank you all and Mom Dad you guys are the best of the best. :teeth:

sassymom said:
I would like to thank you all for supporting my mother in this surprise, and I would also like to thank my mother for this surprise!!!!! :cheer2: She had always been the best in my eyes :cheer2: , but this time she has certainly outdone herself, dad too of course :thumbsup2 . The thought that I get to share my first trip to WDW with all of the people I love the most certainly brings tears to my eyes and the goose bumps shortly follow. I have always dreamed of going and I may be a 25 year old woman but my poor DH will have 3 children to look after on this trip since I am sure I will be the same as our 5yo DD. I have been reading posts on here and just happened to email my mom about this site, what a small world it is that this would be the one that she uses as well. Anyway, thank you all and Mom Dad you guys are the best of the best. :teeth:

WELCOME TO THE DIS!! :cheer2:

Its wonderful to be a part of your journey!! How funny aobut finding your mom here!! Good luck in all your planning - feel free to ask questions, believe it or not, there are people with opinions here!! :rotfl:

That $129 rate was too good to pass on. However, I am really considering renting points for the last 4 days.

Like I said, I'll be watching out for you and yours!

eeyore45 said:
WELCOME TO THE DIS!! :cheer2:

Its wonderful to be a part of your journey!! How funny aobut finding your mom here!! Good luck in all your planning - feel free to ask questions, believe it or not, there are people with opinions here!! :rotfl:

Thank you! :goodvibes As I come up with questions I seem to find all the answers on this board. Everything from mole skin to restaurants.....Happy traveling all!!!

lynninpa said:
As many of you know, my DH and I have been planning a surprise all-expense-paid trip to Disney for our kids, their spouses and our grandkids. (DH and I are going, too! Of course!) After endless weeks of wondering and asking you all for ideas on just how to announce the surprise, we finally decided on using fortune cookies to announce the surprise!

Little added note: When my two oldest kids were younger, I was raising them on my own. I dreamt about taking them to Disney, yet never was able to do so. So this will be a very first trip to Disney for them! And for our grandkids, too! :wizard:

Saturday morning, my DH and I were running around like two little kids on Christmas morning. Giggling…Smiling…literally holding onto one another and jumping up and down. Literally. :rotfl:
Keep in mind, we still have one child at home. He kept looking at us with one brow raised-you see, it was a surprise for him, too!
We bought fortune cookies from our local market. Very carefully, we slipped the fortunes out of the cookies using craft tweezers-and replaced them with fortunes we had made ourselves. ;)
The fortunes we made read:

Magic awaits you in a faraway World

Your lucky numbers: 08 27 06

In 176 days, your alarm clock will go off at 4 am

Runway lights will take you to new heights

7 days & 6 nights? Plenty of time to see the sights

The best way to dine? Reservations for nine

If you see a mouse dancin’ down the street, smile and say cheese!

(We also made two special fortune cookies, one for my DH to open and one for me to open. But made sure no one else got one of our cookies!) (NOTE! Our family “nick name” is jac & co.)
We then put the fortune cookies in a waxed paper bag and stapled it closed-to look exactly like the way we get them from our favorite Chinese restaurant-and hid them in the kitchen cupboard.
I then set a very casual table, complete with chop sticks while my husband went to pick up our take out order from the restaurant-3 orders of every appetizer on the menu!

Finally, 4 o’clock came. Finally!! We all sat down to a very casual, fun dinner. Lots of smiles and good conversation. Having only chopsticks on the table made for a fun experience in itself!

After dinner, I casually said, “ok, everyone. Grab a fortune cookie!” (we always take time to read our fortunes, so this was nothing unusual)
I opened the bag of fortune cookies (which I had tossed behind the take out containers when no one was looking) and casually held out the bag so everyone could take one.
Everyone read their fortunes. Silence. Then read them again. Silence with quick wide-eyed glances at one another.
To break the silence, I read my fortune: Mi Lao Shu: Mickey Mouse.The kids starting looking at each other…
Then my DH read his fortune cookie:
jac & co. are going to Disney!
Silence.
jac & co. are going to Disney! My DH read again.
Well, the silence was finally broken… :lmao: for the next 4 hours, our little home was filled with a family of nine…everyone talking at once…everyone laughing…everyone hugging…and planning, together, the trip of a life time….Magic. Pure magic. :wizard:

We sent them all home with leftover Chinese food, WDW guidebooks we got at Barnes & Noble and little booklets we made ourselves with park maps and a special jac & co. are going to Disney! cover. :blush:
A special heart-felt thank you goes out to carolfoy :goodvibes
That is so awesome!! I wish my parents or in laws would come with us. Both sets of grandparents are snowbirds in FL for winter and will be there during our trip but have no interest in disney.The way you managed to pull this off is terrific. Bring lots of film!! :cool1:

Thank you so much mom and dad! Liz and I can not wait to go on the trip. We got chinese the other night...what a dissapointment. We got to the fortune cookies and they must have given us the wrong ones because we didnt get anything good in them! :rotfl2: I really dont know what to say... Here I am, an 18 year old guy tearing up over reading posts on a forum lol. I want you all to know I love you more then anything and even though I left home at a very young age (16) and have had my problems while i was at home, I wouldnt be where I am today without the 2 of you. A very strong woman that can make it through anything and a man that keeps the whole family strong and is good at what he does. Mom, thank you for teaching me everything from playing baseball to being a person with a big heart. Craig (dad), thank you for the skills you have taught me that will carry me and my family (when i have my own) on from day to day. I am sorry for rambling everyone, this just brought up ALOT of emotions and wanted to let everyone on here know a fraction of what my parents have done for me.

-Alexander

JAC & CO :woohoo:

Turbovtec93 said:
Thank you so much mom and dad! Liz and I can not wait to go on the trip. We got chinese the other night...what a dissapointment. We got to the fortune cookies and they must have given us the wrong ones because we didnt get anything good in them! :rotfl2: I really dont know what to say... Here I am, an 18 year old guy tearing up over reading posts on a forum lol. I want you all to know I love you more then anything and even though I left home at a very young age (16) and have had my problems while i was at home, I wouldnt be where I am today without the 2 of you. A very strong woman that can make it through anything and a man that keeps the whole family strong and is good at what he does. Mom, thank you for teaching me everything from playing baseball to being a person with a big heart. Craig (dad), thank you for the skills you have taught me that will carry me and my family (when i have my own) on from day to day. I am sorry for rambling everyone, this just brought up ALOT of emotions and wanted to let everyone on here know a fraction of what my parents have done for me.

-Alexander

:cool1: WELCOME TO THE DIS :cool1:

And as a mom of an 18yr old and 20yr old, your post was just magnificent!! Thank you for taking the time to write it out, it means a great deal!! What a journey you all have been on - just amazing... Thank you for your kindness in sharing it with strangers - or "friends you've not met"! May you continue to reap rewards... I look forward to further installments in Jac and Co!! :woohoo: indeed!!

I love it when I see happily ever after happening right now

:goodvibes

Have the time of your lives!

What a lovely thread this is. Good to meet some of the 'rest of the family' - Welcome!

Thanks for posting and pllleeeaaassseeee do us some trip reports so that we can continue to share in this magical tale :goodvibes

Turbovtec93 said:

-Alexander

You just made your momma and Craig so happy. I predict an incredible, fun filled and exciting trip to WDW for JAC & CO

Turbovtec93 said:

-Alexander

This is the most heartfelt post I've read! Alexander, you are so lucky!

What a wonderful thing you're doing. :stitch: Ok, I'm going to add my 2 cents. I'm a single mom(1 kid) and was very good friends with another single mom who has 2 kids. She went to school at night for about 2 years. I told her that when she graduated I would take her kids along with mine to Cape May, NJ. We had also wanted to plan a trip to WDW. We had a tiff last April, then she met someone and is now engaged. They'll be getting married in Oct. 2006. We both lost our jobs within a week of each other Aug. 2005. We are slowly starting to talk again. We haven't gone for a long weekend at the beach like I had planned, but, maybe in a year or two I'll suprise her and her family with a trip to WDW. I'll break the news to her like this. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter