The Flash is a massive flop for DC, can Marvel capitalize on this?

I think it is pretty hard to get accurate numbers. Deadline.com breaks everything down in detail.....so that leads to me believing it may be a little more accurate. However, I could be wrong. Sorta like the streaming numbers, I don't think the studios like the fans having access to numbers to determine the financial successfulness of a film.

Last edited:
Deadline.com just has detailed itemized numbers, so that suggest to me they may be more accurate. I could be wrong though.

I don't think the studios like us fans knowing production and marketing budgets, because then it's fairly easy to calculate when the make or lose money. Same reason the streaming companies don't like us seeing the data on number of viewers.

Sorry double post

So here is a follow up question. Is Superhero fatigue real and to blame for the lowered box offices for superhero movies as of late? Or is it simply a case where the current movie offerings are just not quite as good as they were in past years?

So here is a follow up question. Is Superhero fatigue real and to blame for the lowered box offices for superhero movies as of late? Or is it simply a case where the current movie offerings are just not quite as good as they were in past years?

Probably a little of both. It certainly doesn't help that the DC movies are less well-received and they keep pumping htem out. I mean, we can talk about the recent MMCU movies not doing as well as tehy used to, but DC? Man, they have got to get their act together. Maybe the new Superman will be a good starting point, but I still think they're trying to rush it.

Superman is just so darn hard to do right it seems. He suffers from the same too perfect issues that Captain Marvel does. I do like the young actor that has been cast as the new Superman, he seems to be a solid choice.

I agree DC has been a mess for a good while now. The only things I have liked in a while from them was Joker and the Pattenson Batman movie. I think the constant bouncing around with different versions of characters is pretty confusing to the average superhero movie fan.

Probably a little of both. It certainly doesn't help that the DC movies are less well-received and they keep pumping htem out. I mean, we can talk about the recent MMCU movies not doing as well as tehy used to, but DC? Man, they have got to get their act together. Maybe the new Superman will be a good starting point, but I still think they're trying to rush it.
I mean Marvel had to come down from endgame, there was really no way to match that interest with a new slate of movies.

Last edited:

The thing I hated most about DC movies is that they were dark. No, I don't mean that the stories were dark. I mean, the films looked like the were shot through a pair of sunglasses. Most (not all) outdoor daytime scenes looked overcast and gray. The nighttime scenes looked darker than they should. It made the movies look depressing.

UGH! Just accidentally saw a spoiler for this movie.....I know the movie has been out a while, and I'm on the computer every day, so it's on me if I get spoiled at this point, but dang. This one was in some article, not related to the Flash...or so I thought. I did really, really well for Guardians/Galaxy. If there was even a hint of the movie or Marvel in an article title, or picture online, I covered eyes, kept scrolling, hid it, whatever. Have done that with Indiana Jones, although have seen 1 spoiler, trying to avoid as much as possible.
Oh well, guess it's just I got a surprise now, instead of later. Life goes on....haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter