The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a reservation made with an old friend I haven't seen in a long time who lives in the Orlando area, the problem is I have a 7 year old son who clearly can't come. I looked into the kids clubs and it seems the closest one is at the polynesian. How long would it take to get there from Victoria and Alberts? My son sometimes has some behavior issues and when we did the kids clubs on DCL they had me come and handle them, then I was free to go back to what I was doing. Assuming these clubs have the same rules is it even feasible to leave and come back? It honestly isn't terribly likely that he will have any issues since he's doing a lot better than he has in the past and the meltdowns are less frequent but Im a neurotic mom and want to be prepared just in case.

I'm considering canceling and moving to jiko instead since I was told in another thread that that kids club is right down the hall. But am I going to be terribly, terribly said if I cancel Victoria and alberts?

It's one stop on the monorail, if you can catch it going in the right direction (otherwise you have to go all the way around). Google says it's about 0.8 miles (15 minutes) on foot from the Grand Floridian to the Polynesian.

You can easily walk to the Poly...there's a walk way in between...

A 15 minute trip takes about an hour out of the meal (between 15 there, time with my son, and 15 mins back). Is that even feasible? I know service is good there but is it that good? I don't know...I may just go to jiko. I'm not sure I'd enjoy myself if I'm worried about my son.

If you are dining in the QVR, they might be able to accomodate you. If you are dining in the main room, especially at the earlier seating, they may not be able to, depending on how many tables are needed for the later seating. If they don't need to turn over the table, they might be able to allow for that - but will your dining companion be comfortable sitting there alone for an hour with nothing doing?

DH and I have been to V&A main dining room for our 25th and 30th anniversaries, and plan to return for our 35th this September. I just got our VWL studio changed over to VGF studio and have now been looking at the booking process for V&A. It seems I can only get times before 6:30 PM to show up on line for dates right at 180 days. I would prefer to have a reservation between 7 to 8 PM. Do those times ever appear on the online booking site? When I check availability in the 3-4 month out time frame, there seems to be some availability for 9 PM, but that seems a little late to me.

I am considering the QVR also. Again I see no seating later than 6:15 showing up there.

Just wondering what times other people are getting. It seems in the past we had very early, like 5 PM, and I would really like something a little later.

Laura

We go next Weds. I know my husband needs a jacket,and will bring one. I dont really own fancy dresses, so will they let me in with a nice sweater and slacks?

That's another concern. I will probably just go to jiko. Maybe try again when my son is older...unfortunately I don't know if I'll have another chance. Oh well that's motherhood for you haha.
What about getting a babysitter in the room? I know there are some agencies that do that.
Both times i ate at v&A my girls were with my FIl ( once 3 hours away, and once at SSR).

I'm envious of all of you that have been able to get a reservation for the Chef's Table... I tried for every day of my upcoming trip in June. Oh well, I'm going to have to settle for the Queen Victoria's Room instead. :goodvibes

we made 180 day reservations for chef table and it was not available so we booked QV. The person allowed us to get on a waiting list for Chef Table and a day later she called back and it opened up so she changed it.

we made 180 day reservations for chef table and it was not available so we booked QV. The person allowed us to get on a waiting list for Chef Table and a day later she called back and it opened up so she changed it.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give them a call myself. Perhaps a little pixie dust falls our way and I can get the chefs table. If not I'll be happy with QV. :)

DH and I have been to V&A main dining room for our 25th and 30th anniversaries, and plan to return for our 35th this September. I just got our VWL studio changed over to VGF studio and have now been looking at the booking process for V&A. It seems I can only get times before 6:30 PM to show up on line for dates right at 180 days. I would prefer to have a reservation between 7 to 8 PM. Do those times ever appear on the online booking site? When I check availability in the 3-4 month out time frame, there seems to be some availability for 9 PM, but that seems a little late to me.

I am considering the QVR also. Again I see no seating later than 6:15 showing up there.

Just wondering what times other people are getting. It seems in the past we had very early, like 5 PM, and I would really like something a little later.

Laura
V&A has a very limited number of tables. So they have two "seatings". The first is from about 5:00 to about 6:30 and they allow about three hours for the people to dine and the table reset. So starting time for the second seating begins at 8:00. So they do have a block of about 1½ hours for which they do not take reservations.

V&A has a very limited number of tables. So they have two "seatings". The first is from about 5:00 to about 6:30 and they allow about three hours for the people to dine and the table reset. So starting time for the second seating begins at 8:00. So they do have a block of about 1½ hours for which they do not take reservations.

I don't believe QVR has 2 seatings because the meal can last 4+ hours. Anyone know for sure?

Broke down and bought dress slacks and a little jacket. I think what I had originally planned was fine but couldnt risk the old heave ho right at the door.

Thanks Cheshire.

Another question. We are DVC owners. The 180 + 10 days ADR process has not been working online for us. Should I call the special V&A phone # (what time does it get answered), MS or the regular Disney Dining number at my +10 window?

Thanks Cheshire.

Another question. We are DVC owners. The 180 + 10 days ADR process has not been working online for us. Should I call the special V&A phone # (what time does it get answered), MS or the regular Disney Dining number at my +10 window?

We are also DVC owners and were not able to go online and book our ADR's with the 180+10. I called V&A directly and made our reservations for the QVR.

...We are DVC owners. The 180 + 10 days ADR process has not been working online for us. Should I call the special V&A phone # (what time does it get answered), MS or the regular Disney Dining number at my +10 window?
I'm also a DVC owner staying on points and found the online +10 only worked from the multiple restaurant search page, not individual restaurants. This allowed me to book the CT (this was 6 months ago, so online booking might have different problems now). The optimal strategy is to have your vacation start 10 days before your target V&A reservation, then book online at 180+10 (if online is not working call Disney Dining, the dedicated line does not answer until 9AM).

We dined at the Chef's Table last week, and it was an amazing experience. DW came up with this description: "A VIP Tour of Food!"

Just got back from our trip and ate at V/A on Weds. Was quite wonderful. We were stuffed when finished. Not only were the courses more filling than you'd think but the bread courses help fill you. We had a baguette, brown bread and a truffle bread. The whole evening was delightful. The service was great, our combined wait staff very friendly and accomodating. We told our main guy we wanted to catch the space launch at 605pm and he showed us where to stand and see it. By coincidence the first cold appetizer was served right then, so it was not harmed by our 10 minute break. We did the half price kobe style meat upgrade, had 4 drinks total between 3 people, and the coffee service, with 20perc tip, was $665 for 3 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter