The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

The two rides I’m most worried about at 380 lbs are Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan. If you are at or over 380 (I carry mostly in tummy), can you share input? I don’t want to be embarrassed but don’t want to sit out either as these are the two rides I’m most excited about.

I’ve read most of this thread going back two years but I’m seeing a lot of people either in the 200s or heavier people who are mostly asking about space mountain and 7DMT (2 rides we don’t plan on going on).

These are the others we plan on in MK. Any input about my size and these? I’ll be with my super tall, fit h and tall 7 year old:

Splash Mountain
BTRR
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Pirates
Tea Cups
Pooh
Little Mermaid ride
Small World
Aladdin magic carpets
Buzz Lightyear
Carousel of Progress
Stitch’s Great Escape
Monsters inc laugh floor

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
FEA

For both Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan, you should be fine. I've been on both of those at 380 (and heavier). You might have to lift your tummy a bit or suck in to get the bar to lock into place, but it should.

For the other rides you've listed:

Splash Mountain: You might want to ride in a 2/1 configuration rather than trying to fit 3 people in the same row; sometimes they'll put 2 adults and 1 child in the same row, but you'll probably be more comfortable splitting up
BTMRR: I've never had a problem fitting on this one. Hold on to the lapbar tight if you don't want to slide around the car too much and squish your riding partner (or squish them to your heart's content, like I did when I rode with my sister)
Dumbo: I've only ever ridden this solo, but I've never had a problem
Barnstormer: Same
Pirates: You and your family will be fine on this one. It's a long bench with no restraints.
Tea Cups: Depending on that tummy size, you might have trouble spinning the cup (I know I certainly have), but you should all fit in
Pooh: Sometimes getting through the door opening can be a tight squeeze, but it's not a blocker (more of a "which way should I twist my body to get in?" kind of deal)
Little Mermaid: Similar deal to Haunted Mansion - though I've encountered fewer tight squeezes with the lapbar here than on HM
Small World: Same as Pirates, no issues, though should mention that both are low-entry boats, so sometimes getting in/out is an issue. Having family there to help you will help.
Aladdin Magic Carpets: Shouldn't be a problem
Buzz Lightyear: Sometimes I have to suck in a little tighter when the vehicle closes into place, but not usually an issue
Carousel of Progress: the seats are big enough, and if you go when it's not crowded, you can get an open seat next to you to give yourself some breathing room
Laugh Floor: Same as above... one thing to keep in mind is that there can be a decent amount of wait time in the loading area where you're just standing (not moving in a line)

Spaceship Earth: Have never had an issue here
Mission Space: Even at my heaviest (well over 400) I didn't have a problem here. When the console closed in on me, it definitely pushed up against my tummy, but it closed fine and I was able to ride.
FEA: Never had an issue here.

On rides like HM, PP, LM, Pooh... basically the buggy-style rides... you'll have the option of riding 3 together or 2 in one buggy 1 in the next (assuming the 1 isn't the child). If you find having all three of you in one ride vehicle isn't comfortable the first time you do it, then it might be easier to do 2/1 for the rest of them. In those cases, it's sometimes easier to just split into two separate parties when you get to the loading zone. Just tell the loading CM that the two people who are riding together are a party of two, and the one person who is riding solo is a party of 1. That way you don't get forced into being uncomfortable during the ride. But you also might find that you're fine riding as a party of 3.

Does anyone have any recommendations for fun shirts for Pooh sized girls? I love some of the cute custom stuff on etsy, but I love soft, fitted tees in plus size and not rough, thick unisex tshirts that most people offer. Most shops are not super helpful or do not offer comfortable tshirts in 2-3x sized in designs I want :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for fun shirts for Pooh sized girls? I love some of the cute custom stuff on etsy, but I love soft, fitted tees in plus size and not rough, thick unisex tshirts that most people offer. Most shops are not super helpful or do not offer comfortable tshirts in 2-3x sized in designs I want :(

I've gotten a few really cute things from Pixie Lee & Co., which offers their shirts in unisex size, but uses Bella Canvas tees that are thinner and lighter than the typical Gildan or Hanes T-shirts. Another place I've had luck with finding good Disney designs on women's shirts is Hot Topic and their shirts are both thinner and sized/fitted for women (something I discovered when I bought a cute design I just had to have, then was struck with the reality of just how short the sleeves are... at least I can layer it over a plain long-sleeved shirt).

Yes. If you want to be in MK before 4PM party entrance you will need a park ticket for that day.

Hot Topic runs quite small, I think. If you can, go in store to look at those.

I actually found several that matched leggings I have stashed away for our upcoming trip. I do a lot of shopping at Torrid (they are a parent company with HT) and the sizing charts for the plus sizes match the sizing charts for Torrid, so fingers crossed. I was able to find three shirts for under $25 after the 20% off and free shipping. If they don't work out, at least I can return them to my local HT. That is not an option with Etsy! Torrid doesn't have any option I really like right now for Disney, except for one that would still be $30 for one shirt. Thanks for that! I do sometimes shop at HT (I bought my Tardis dress there for Halloween 3 years ago) but I tend to forget about it).

I actually found several that matched leggings I have stashed away for our upcoming trip. I do a lot of shopping at Torrid (they are a parent company with HT) and the sizing charts for the plus sizes match the sizing charts for Torrid, so fingers crossed. I was able to find three shirts for under $25 after the 20% off and free shipping. If they don't work out, at least I can return them to my local HT. That is not an option with Etsy! Torrid doesn't have any option I really like right now for Disney, except for one that would still be $30 for one shirt. Thanks for that! I do sometimes shop at HT (I bought my Tardis dress there for Halloween 3 years ago) but I tend to forget about it).

I shop at torrid and ht regularly and yes they are the same brand and everything but they don't fit the same at all. My HT doesn't carry extended sizes past 2x but when I buy a woman's 2x it doesn't fit the same as when I buy the same size at torrid.

I'm glad you found some you like and that you have return options. I hope it works out for you

I have been to Disney when I was close to that size (I am around 5’11” and my top weight was around 372, but currently around 300). I have not had issues with either PP or HM. As for the rest of your list:

Splash - Most comfortable is you get your own seat. Can be trick to climb out
BTMRR - no problem - lots of room but hold child close as you share a lap bar
Dumbo - we fit fine, but not together (okay with child)
Barnstormer - okay, but I am at max for leg room
Pirates - no problem, but low so can be difficult to get out
Tea Cups - tight at the tummy, but I deal with it for DD.
Pooh - no problem
LM - no problem
SW - no problem, but low so can be difficult to get out
AMC - no problems
Buzz - no problem
CofP - no problem - theater seat so can be tight at sides
Stitch - is that even open any more? Been once and hated - but I had no issues
MILF - benches you sit on, so no issues

EPCOT
SE - no problem, lots of room
MS - I fit, but tight small space, and I hate small spaces
FEA - no problem, but once again low

We have really found that Disney is very size friendly over all. The only rides we have had issues with are for leg room on 7DMT and FofP. I can ride the first, but still too big for second.

Yes Hot Topic ends up being more like Junior sizes even in their plus size.
Hot topic has true plus sized online. I'm a 22/24 and buy their plus size 4 or 5 sizes online and do just fine, sometimes stuff is eve baggy! They run sales and have lots of cute Disney stuff on there, but it's all online so you can't try it on. Thankfully their size guide is really accurate so if you know your measurements you shouldn't have any issues.

Hot topic online has good stuff, or there's a really good tutorial on YouTube where you can tie dye your own Mickey Mouse shirts.

The two rides I’m most worried about at 380 lbs are Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan. If you are at or over 380 (I carry mostly in tummy), can you share input? I don’t want to be embarrassed but don’t want to sit out either as these are the two rides I’m most excited about.

I’ve read most of this thread going back two years but I’m seeing a lot of people either in the 200s or heavier people who are mostly asking about space mountain and 7DMT (2 rides we don’t plan on going on).

These are the others we plan on in MK. Any input about my size and these? I’ll be with my super tall, fit h and tall 7 year old:

-----------------------When We went last in 2014 I was about 250 and Hubby was about 380, he is 6 ft and I am 5 ft 4.
---------------Haunted Mansion and Peter pan you should be fine for.

Splash Mountain--You should be fine, probably want to go 2 and 1 with your son. My Hubby and I fit on this together, it was a little snug but we fit fine. Be careful getting out of this, I fell getting out of it.
BTRR----We try to ride separately here, one of you could ride with your son.
Dumbo-------- I rode this with my friend in 2004, she is more average size and we did fine. You could do it alone or with your son
Barnstormer-----------I have only ridden this sitting alone
Pirates---------------this should be fine
Tea Cups------------------The tiny door getting in/out might be tricky but the seating itself is ok
Pooh--------------------should be ok here, it's a 2 row car/honeypot, the back row is probably roomier, they do sometimes put another family in the other row of your pot
Little Mermaid ride-----------------similar to HM
Small World----------------------------------you should be fine here but you do NOT want the front row of the boat (very little legroom)Most uncomfortable I have been on a ride in WDW in all the many times I have been there (see signature)
Aladdin magic carpets--------------------should be fine
Buzz Lightyear---------------------I have never had an issue
Carousel of Progress----------------------I find with the theater type seating, it is usually the armrests that are the issue, if you sit at the very front edge of the seat and slide back, that makes it a little easier/more comfortable
Stitch’s Great Escape---------------------I think this is closed, or maybe it is seasonal, if it is operating, the thing that goes over your head can be a little uncomfortable, sit really straight and tall until it lowers then you can relax and it wont be such a tight fit.
Monsters inc laugh floor----------------------this is bench seating so you should be fine

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth----------------- no issues, maybe a little squeeze getting in/out through the little door, this is a 2 row car and the back row is roomier
Mission Space------------------------you should be ok unless you are claustrophobic.
FEA----------------------Haven't ridden this but Have been on the Maelstrom many times and I think they are the same boats, you should be fine

Answers above

Size-wise, you will fit into every ride you try except maybe FOP. If you have some mobility issues then a few rides might be difficult to get in and out of and I’ve heard 7DMT can be uncomfortable if you have bad knees.

I’ve said something similar before but I’ll say it again: Disney is for plus-sized people what the world must be like for straight-sized people, ie size and weight doesn’t stop you doing anything. It’s amazingly liberating.

Does anyone find the friendship boats inside the world showcase are a good way to get to France and Mexico and save steps after a long day in Epcot? By evening when we need to go to WS, I’m guessing I’ll be tired and possibly sore from walking all day and just saw you can hop a friendship boat across the little lake to different countries.

Mexico is the first pavilion to the left as you enter the WS so the boat won’t be of any use to you for that, but it might help with France. The boat doesn’t hop to the different countries, unfortunately. It sails from the WS Plaza to Germany and from WS Plaza to Morocco, so you could walk to France from the second one but really it depends where you are in the park, walking directly to where you need to be might be fewer steps than walking to the Plaza and getting the boat.

Does anyone find the friendship boats inside the world showcase are a good way to get to France and Mexico and save steps after a long day in Epcot? By evening when we need to go to WS, I’m guessing I’ll be tired and possibly sore from walking all day and just saw you can hop a friendship boat across the little lake to different countries.

I've found the usefulness of those boats really depends on where you are in the park and what your plan is next. If you're going TO World Showcase from Future World at the end of the night, then I'd honestly recommend just walking. The boat on the left that takes you to Germany would skip you past Mexico, Norway and China, all of which are worth visiting. The boat on the right only skips Canada and the UK (dropping you basically between France and Morocco), but those are both worth a visit as well. However, if you're determined to just get straight to France, then that boat is certainly an option.

If you've ended your day IN World Showcase, and you're ready to call it a night and leave the park, then those Friendship boats across the lagoon can be a nice option, depending on where you are in World Showcase:

- Anywhere between the refreshment outpost and International Gateway (on the France side of the bridge), it makes sense to walk to the closest boat and ride across, assuming they're still running. Boats leave from Germany/Italy and Morocco/France and go directly across the lagoon (basically next to Port of Entry or Disney Traders).

- If you're in Mexico, Norway, China, the UK, Canada, or on the UK side of the bridge by the International Gateway, then it makes sense to just walk to the front of the park.

- Regardless of where you are in World Showcase, if you're headed to Beach Club, Yacht Club or The Boardwalk, then it would make more sense to just walk to the International Gateway, and exit that way (taking one of the boats to those resorts).

Additionally, if you're in Future World and headed to one of those destinations, then you'd have the option (assuming the Friendship boats across the lagoon are still running) of taking the boat by Port of Entry, which will drop you off between France and Morocco, then take the short walk to the International Gateway and take a boat from there after exiting the park.

All that said, the little bit of extra walking from anywhere in the park at the end of the day tends not to be a dealbreaker, even for someone my size, especially if you're about to get into a car or bus or monorail.

Only a few days until our long-planned WDW trip and am so excited!!!

If anyone has anything they want me to check out for them at the parks in terms of how they work out for us folks on this thread, let me know and I will try and answer your query whilst I am there.

We’re just doing Disney, no Universal or other parks, fyi

How easy is it getting in and out of the magical express van that takes you to and from the airport?

Also, are there a lot of stairs in magic kingdom, Epcot and the Polynesian? I’m recovering from pneumonia and with my weight stairs leave me out of breath.

Magical Express is narrow aisles but easy enough. Just like any other coach bus.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot don't really have any stairs. I can't recall doing any at all except maybe a step or two up to a restaurant or something.

We just got back form the poly and the main building is 2 floors and our room was on the 3rd floor of our building but there were elevators easily accessible if you want to skip the stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter