The Evans' Take on the World-The Do-Over Trip (pics addded)

Wow! What a testament of strength to a loving family! I can't wait to hear more about Christmas morn!

We do have an awesome and gracious God. You are a great family of faith and trust. And even in the "trials" you were able to rise above and help others. I love what you said about your children having all they needed and some of what they wanted..if we could all see that:) May you continue to feel the hand of God upon you:)

The Plans​
We spent a good deal of chatter on what everyone wanted to accomplish on this vacation. Having experienced two trips as a family, we had adjusted to the fact that we couldn’t do everything. We allowed each child to pick a character meal and fill in the gaps with our choices. Our family tradition is Chef Mickey’s. We like to spend our last night their, eating, enjoying the characters, and the contemporary. Jason had always wanted to try sci-fi at Disney Studios so that became a priority for his birthday. Alaina picked Ohana’s Breakfast. Our family movie nights would transform Lilo and Stitch into one of our favorite movies and turn Ohana’s into a new favorite. Jayden the ever-princess lover, would pick the castle. Having done this meal on our prior trip without daddy, I agreed it was a god choice. As a group, we picked Akerskus Princess breakfast for our almost two year old Kaya. I choose Cinderella Gala feast for a chance to spend more time with the step sisters. On an earlier trip we met them and fell in love with them. Elisha would choose Garden Grille. With our dining reservation choices in place, things really came together. Later I would regret our decision for so many character meals but more about that as it happens.

We knew flying with four kids would put this trip out of reach for us. We had driven once and flown once and really did prefer to drive. When we considered that flying saved a few hours in travel time figuring in the early arrival, lay over, and transfers to the resort but cost nearly a $1000 more then driving- it was an easy decision.
Our first trip to Disney included a stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We threw around the idea of staying off property or getting two rooms at a value. Knowing this was the last time we could get away with one room on property, we opted for another stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We knew it would be crowded but loved the tall trees and wooded paths that this resort offered. We lucked out and our dates offered the special 7 for 4 deal plus a $200 gift card. Because we were trying to pay as we went, we booked a package with one day tickets. This allowed us to pay cash by the 45 day mark. A few days before we left we upgraded to seven day tickets and added the Disney dining plan.

I am a planner. My husband doesn’t really care about the planning but tends to enjoy the fruits of my labor. He lets me obsess and keeps the eye rolling to a minimum when we are in full planning mode. He has started offering my services to friends and clients so I think he must be more impressed then he lets on. One great discovery this trip was Ride Max. Ride Max brings Disney obsessive planning to a new level. Now I really could plan to the minute!
Ride max gives you the option to choose exactly what rides, attractions, and shows you want to see. You plug in your dinner reservations, breaks, and date and it provides you with a minute by minute account of your day at Disney. You can create different versions of the same plan. I used it to the max!

Jason was less then impressed by all the different versions of a touring plan I could create. As it turns out, while I love to plan, I don’t do that well at following my own plan. I love spontaneity as long as there is a plan to fall back on. Ride Max allowed me to see what time of day rides became crowded and how stopping for a show or meal affected our wait times. As it turns out our best day was when we followed the only agreed upon advice by Disney lovers- Be there for rope drop- did we have the most success. All in all, ride max was fun for me the planner but not really that useful for anyone with a basic knowledge of Disney crowds.

One of the things I will always treasure about the months leading up to our vacation was family movie nights. Friday nights were set aside for a Disney movie. Afterall there any other? Kaya needed to be properly educated before her first trip to the world. In the two years that had passed since we had been to Disney world, our six and seven-and-a half year olds has been immersed into the Hannah Montana- Jonas Brother- High Musical Scene. It was time to return to our roots and pull out the animated films.
Our Friday nights were spent snuggled on the couch where we were immersed in what we love best about Disney. Imagination, honor, perservence, the power of music and true love filled our living room. We ate Chinese food with chop sticks while watching Mulan, drank from coconut cups while enjoying homemade Hawaiian pizza to Lilo and Stitch, had a French picnic while enjoying Three Musketeers, had hot dogs and peanuts as we watched Dumbo for the first time. Some nights other families would join our celebration and others would be just us. Jason and I fell in love with Lilo and Stitch. We had seen before the kids were born and nothing stuck out for us. Watching it with our girls was an entire new story. This time around we recognized the feisty-ness of Lilo in our little girls. The million times we watched that movie or listened in the car as they watched, only made us love it more and reaffirmed our sense of Ohana.

Hi Amanda!

I'm enjoying your TR... I'm from a big family myself, the eldest of six children, so I know a lot about sacrifice. My parents always talked about taking us to WDW but could never afford it.

That's one of the reasons I feel so blessed to be able to give my own children the gift of a magical Disney vacation (almost) every year.

Looking forward to more plans,

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter