The End of Free Fastpasses?

These prices are absolutely ridiculous. What is Disney thinking? I really can’t see this having much uptake, Disneyland paris only attracts a very very small amount of wealthy guests who could pay this. I’d say 99% of guests will not be able to afford this on top of the price of admission and a hotel. Also any social media marketing is going to have a very negative response so I just don’t know how they are going to advertise this. The old paid fast passes had no real noticeable advertising and they sold very few. Let’s hope it’s the same with these.
It’s such a shame as had they do a max pass like at Disney California I think this would have been popular and sold very well.
I’m certainly very put off of returning.

It would be only interesting to:
1. Once in a lifetime trappers
2. People with too much money
3. People who want to splurge because of a special occasion.

I can't imagine that many people with access to EMH or AP's will buy these.

I am surprised that Buzz is at the top, because the high amount of guests per hour is there less need for a FP, in comparison to Peter Pan.

It would be only interesting to:
1. Once in a lifetime trappers
2. People with too much money
3. People who want to splurge because of a special occasion.

I can't imagine that many people with access to EMH or AP's will buy these.

I am surprised that Buzz is at the top, because the high amount of guests per hour is there less need for a FP, in comparison to Peter Pan.

Which is precisely the purpose of Buzz being so expensive.

“Look, BTM is so cheap, let's buy passes!”

Unbelievable! I really hope people vote with their feet and don't buy them. Looking at wait times today you wouldn't have needed them, although I'm sure that will change when more people can easily go!

This service supposedly launched 10 days ago, but i have yet to see any youtube reviews , has anyone seen anything that indicates how this Paid Fast is going..

My two cents is that this kinda sucks, it seems to go away from Walts vision of the parks, but i think if going to do then you should have ablity to use this but also get 1-3-5 "free" fast passes based on the level of resort you choice, value, moderate , or deluxe. So at least you get some perk for staying on property

This service supposedly launched 10 days ago, but i have yet to see any youtube reviews , has anyone seen anything that indicates how this Paid Fast is going..

My two cents is that this kinda sucks, it seems to go away from Walts vision of the parks, but i think if going to do then you should have ablity to use this but also get 1-3-5 "free" fast passes based on the level of resort you choice, value, moderate , or deluxe. So at least you get some perk for staying on property

We were there from August 2-5, so we saw the soft launch of the service on the 3/4 and and official launch on the 5th. From what I observed in the app, the pricing is definitely dynamic and as the standby line fluctuates, so does the Premier Access price.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was down for extended periods during the 4 days we were there, which led to long lines during the periods it was open (on our second morning we'd actually waited in line for 30 minutes during Extra Magic Time and were near the front when it broke down and they had to evacuate people off; it didn't reopen until late afternoon). Consequently, I wasn't too surprised to see people paying for Premier Access to that, as it might have been their only chance to ride.

I also saw a few groups of two using the Premier Access for Autopia to avoid the 30-45 minute line. I didn't witness many other uses.

We were there from August 2-5, so we saw the soft launch of the service on the 3/4 and and official launch on the 5th. From what I observed in the app, the pricing is definitely dynamic and as the standby line fluctuates, so does the Premier Access price.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was down for extended periods during the 4 days we were there, which led to long lines during the periods it was open (on our second morning we'd actually waited in line for 30 minutes during Extra Magic Time and were near the front when it broke down and they had to evacuate people off; it didn't reopen until late afternoon). Consequently, I wasn't too surprised to see people paying for Premier Access to that, as it might have been their only chance to ride.

I also saw a few groups of two using the Premier Access for Autopia to avoid the 30-45 minute line. I didn't witness many other uses.
Thanks for all that great eye witness info.

Thanks for all that great eye witness info.
I was there the week before the introduction and I have been keeping an eye on the app the last few days to see the wait times. I didn't see anything different from my visit.
Late July when I was there the headliners were between 30 - 50 minutes, depending on time of day. And now that's still the case.

Maybe prices are too high, maybe people understand that with these crowds it's not necessary.
It's also not really promoted. It's at the ride entrance, it's on the website/app, but only fansites have written about it on social media. Disneyland Paris is very lowkey with promoting it.

15€ for a 30 years old ride (just considering DLP). How much are they going to ask for Rise of the Resistance, Tron or Guardian of the Galaxy in Orlando?
Pure madness.

The pure madness will be, the people buying it. I mean, "if you got it and can why not?" (even if I could, I wouldn't, haha, but each to their own).

so as long as people -are- buying it, Disney won't see an issue whatsoever

I saw somewhere on FB tonight, someone made a new poster but instead of Genie+ it said "Prince John" 😅

The pure madness will be, the people buying it. I mean, "if you got it and can why not?" (even if I could, I wouldn't, haha, but each to their own).

so as long as people -are- buying it, Disney won't see an issue whatsoever

I saw somewhere on FB tonight, someone made a new poster but instead of Genie+ it said "Prince John" 😅

I agree with this, as long as someone is willing to pay it then there's a market for disney to sell to. It's never going away/reverting back to the good old days of free FP being available.

I think in DLP with a bit of structure around your day you can cope just fine withouth FP and still see everything, especially if you go outside of peak times in the summer. Remember going in mid October a few years ago and being able to go on all the rides I wanted multiple times, it was really just not that busy at all, as it was mid week and the kids were in school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter