The Drive, the Dream and DVC - A March 2011 Birthday Surprise TR(NEW 11/9 p. 32 END)

I'm definitely in Sheree!! Can't wait to hear all about the drive!!!

I'm here!!! popcorn::

Hey, hey Sheree! :yay: I'm in!
Hello and :welcome:!!!

The drive was, um, well, interesting!!!

But first -

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Trip Report for this breaking news announcement:
We have just got another DVC contract!!! We spotted a 25 point AKL contract this morning in The Timeshare Store email and it was our use year so I called and voila' !! I didn't even make an offer, just said I wanted it. The guy told me okay, hold on, oh, it might have just been sold, and I started to wail NOOOOO (well, in my head) and then he said," no okay, it's yours. I'm marking it "sale pending"!!!! " :banana: The good thing is it has 25 points from this year (March) still left, so I am totally excited!!! I knew we couldn't afford to add on a big contract, and it's sooner than I planned to add on, but this one is perfect and as you'll see, we LOVED AKV this trip!!!! So now we can own there!

Now back to your regularly scheduled TR...

Glad I found this....I, too, am from Minnesota :wave: And we are thinking of driving down to Disney (one day)

Also next year (6/2012) we will be taking our first ever Disney cruise!! Yeah!

Hooray for adding onto your DVC points!!!! :banana:

Can't wait to hear how the surprise went!!! :yay:

Glad I found this....I, too, am from Minnesota :wave: And we are thinking of driving down to Disney (one day)

Also next year (6/2012) we will be taking our first ever Disney cruise!! Yeah!
HI! You should check out my prior TRs - I have a report on the Wonder as well. We drive about 1/2 our trips. What cruise are you taking? I wish I could go every year!!! I have the rest of my life planned out in vacations!

I'm in :) Florida must have been nice being from minnesota.
Oh, that Florida sunshine sure felt good!

Hooray for adding onto your DVC points!!!! :banana:

Can't wait to hear how the surprise went!!! :yay:
I'm so excited!!! It really wasn't in the budget, but we can eat Ramen in the dark for a while to make up for it! :laughing:
The surprise was fun - thanks for reminding me - I need to upload the video.

Woman, ANYTIME, you don't have the ability to use up all those fine points you just give me a holla and we will be more than happy to rent from you!!!!! :lmao: AKL!!!!! :woohoo: Ramen, forget about it, you are eating condiments outside in the snowbanks for this one!!! :lmao: ;)

HI! You should check out my prior TRs - I have a report on the Wonder as well. We drive about 1/2 our trips. What cruise are you taking? I wish I could go every year!!! I have the rest of my life planned out in vacations!

we are going on the Fantasy! We are SO excited, first cruise ever :banana:
We are heading to the World in 2 months! Can't wait for that, it will tie us over until our cruise ;)

We have always flew to Florida, but seriously thinking of driving next June for the cruise.

Will check out your other trip reports :)

Hooray for more DVC points! That is still on our someday to-do list...buying DVC. Friends of ours own at BLT and they loved it when they stayed there in October. They had a 2 bedroom villa (they went with another family) and said we're more than welcome to join them next year when they will have enough points. Oh yeah!!!

Joining in! We just bought DVC as well so I am anxious to hear about your first trip home and especially about your cruise!

Erika

I saw that 25 point contract and was completely floored because there are NEVER march contracts (my use year as well). I also saw that 100 point contract. I have looked for a 100 point March AKL contract for 2 years and not seen one. Of course, I see it after I buy at VWL. That's OK. I'm still happy! :rotfl:

So, yeah - more points for you. Congrats!!!!!!

I can't wait to read all about it trip. It sounds like it was wonderful!

So happy that you started! Can't wait to hear all about the Dream! It is such a beautiful ship and I can't wait to see her in person someday :goodvibes Great job at keeping the secret from your girls! I would caved well before departure day :scared1:
Yay for new points AKV neighbor! :yay: How funny that you , MEK and I all have March for our use years :rolleyes1
Looking forward to your drive and if you had any fun encounters along the way :goodvibes

Tracy

I'm here. I'll play catch up tomorrow and start actually reading. We just got back today. I can't wait to hear all your thoughts about the cruise....wasn't it such a beautiful ship...and so much to do

Woman, ANYTIME, you don't have the ability to use up all those fine points you just give me a holla and we will be more than happy to rent from you!!!!! :lmao: AKL!!!!! :woohoo: Ramen, forget about it, you are eating condiments outside in the snowbanks for this one!!! :lmao: ;)
Oh, I'm sure!!! I'm going to be swiping condiments from the office now!

we are going on the Fantasy! We are SO excited, first cruise ever :banana:
We are heading to the World in 2 months! Can't wait for that, it will tie us over until our cruise ;)

We have always flew to Florida, but seriously thinking of driving next June for the cruise.

Will check out your other trip reports :)

So much fun planned! Driving is not that bad, but you just have to have something to help pass the time and good weather helps! We managed to do it fairly inexpensively, considering the constantly rising price of gas these days!! I do enjoy having my car with me. The Fantasy as your first cruise ?? Wow, you are setting the bar high! It's going to be awesome!

Hooray for more DVC points! That is still on our someday to-do list...buying DVC. Friends of ours own at BLT and they loved it when they stayed there in October. They had a 2 bedroom villa (they went with another family) and said we're more than welcome to join them next year when they will have enough points. Oh yeah!!!
We waited a long time to buy in, but probably could have and should have done it sooner. Resale was something we didn't know much about back then though. Great deals!!! I hope you get to go with them - it would be fun!
Yea! More DVC points! :banana::banana::banana:
Congratulations, Sheree!
Thanks!

Hurray for more DVC points!!! That's awesome!!!
Thanks! I think we need to settle down now and catch our breaths! Two contracts in 6 months! OY!

Joining in! We just bought DVC as well so I am anxious to hear about your first trip home and especially about your cruise!

Erika
:welcome: Where did you buy? I have lots to tell, and I hope to really get going in the next couple days!

I saw that 25 point contract and was completely floored because there are NEVER march contracts (my use year as well). I also saw that 100 point contract. I have looked for a 100 point March AKL contract for 2 years and not seen one. Of course, I see it after I buy at VWL. That's OK. I'm still happy! :rotfl:

So, yeah - more points for you. Congrats!!!!!!

I can't wait to read all about it trip. It sounds like it was wonderful!
yeah, I had to jump on it. I really wasn't planning on adding on so soon, but I know those little ones with March are rare. I saw the 100 one and thought about it, but it was too much $$ for right now. I think if I hadn't had such an expensive March, I would have been all over it!

Yay for more points!!! :yay:
Thanks!! I've been told that one can always use more points!

So happy that you started! Can't wait to hear all about the Dream! It is such a beautiful ship and I can't wait to see her in person someday :goodvibes Great job at keeping the secret from your girls! I would caved well before departure day :scared1:
Yay for new points AKV neighbor! :yay: How funny that you , MEK and I all have March for our use years :rolleyes1
Looking forward to your drive and if you had any fun encounters along the way :goodvibes

Tracy
Hi Tracy! :welcome: I still can't believe I kept the secret. At least it was only about 4 or 5 months total.
Oh, we had some encounters, I wouldn't go straight to "fun"...

I'm here. I'll play catch up tomorrow and start actually reading. We just got back today. I can't wait to hear all your thoughts about the cruise....wasn't it such a beautiful ship...and so much to do

Welcome home Jen!!! I saw your pics on FB this morning - beautiful! Your daughter is just adorable! I hope you had a great time!!! You haven't missed much, I'm just getting going!

Bay Lake Tower

Oh, Duh, I could have just looked at your signature - it is right there!

we stayed there (cash with military discount) in Dec 09. It was so nice to walk to and from MK!!! The studio was a bit cramped for the four of us, but I hear they have rearranged some of it now, moving the bathroom sink to be actually IN the bathroom. We even got to swim (it wasn't warm enough for everyone, but it was 80 degrees out!) - nice pool.

Wow, this is the first time I've ever been in on a trip report this early - I read one of your trip reports before and loved it and can't wait to hear this one, especially the cruise - my next "wish" in a few years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts