The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Thanks for the info! The dress I’m looking at is actually the tightrope girl one with the little cape but I’ll have to be careful with the size (my other dresses are very roomy in the bust at XL so 1x would be too big).
That’s one of the her universe pieces and I can tell you they run smaller then the normal dress shop dresses at least on me (have orange bird and sally in XL but my teacup skirt is a 2X

That’s one of the her universe pieces and I can tell you they run smaller then the normal dress shop dresses at least on me (have orange bird and sally in XL but my teacup skirt is a 2X
That’s good to know, thanks! I’ll have to see if I can get one of the sellers to measure one - if I knew the waist measurement, I’d feel more confident purchasing. Or maybe I just need another costume idea...

Thanks for the info! The dress I’m looking at is actually the tightrope girl one with the little cape but I’ll have to be careful with the size (my other dresses are very roomy in the bust at XL so 1x would be too big).
This particular dress have a bit of leeway in sizing. The bodice is a velvet that has some stretch to it. Not a ton, but some. It also has a lace-up corset style back so if it's a little big you can cinch it up. I bought mine in the park last August and had to size up because they were out of my size and while the bodice is still a little looser than I'd prefer, I am severely lacking in the bust and have a very narrow frame, it's wearable and still super cute with it cinched as tight as it will go. The corset back is not open so even if it's not cinched tight, there is no skin showing between the laces.

This particular dress have a bit of leeway in sizing. The bodice is a velvet that has some stretch to it. Not a ton, but some. It also has a lace-up corset style back so if it's a little big you can cinch it up. I bought mine in the park last August and had to size up because they were out of my size and while the bodice is still a little looser than I'd prefer, I am severely lacking in the bust and have a very narrow frame, it's wearable and still super cute with it cinched as tight as it will go. The corset back is not open so even if it's not cinched tight, there is no skin showing between the laces.
This is really helpful, thanks! I was wondering if the corset back could actually be cinched or if it was just decorative - glad to know I could re-tie it to help get a better fit. So now my only concern is length...I'm 5'9 and I'm ok with it being knee length or maybe a little bit above the knee but anything shorter than that...eek. Would you say it's probably knee length (on an 'average' person, as I understand I'm taller than average)?

I have been eyeing this dress on ebay, my daughter is thinking about going as the tightrope girl or I will possibly use it for the 1/2 marathon. It looks like large is about the smallest size available. Do you think it is easy to take in the sides?

This is really helpful, thanks! I was wondering if the corset back could actually be cinched or if it was just decorative - glad to know I could re-tie it to help get a better fit. So now my only concern is length...I'm 5'9 and I'm ok with it being knee length or maybe a little bit above the knee but anything shorter than that...eek. Would you say it's probably knee length (on an 'average' person, as I understand I'm taller than average)?
You should be ok on length. I'm 5'6", short-waisted and all leg. You can see in the photo below that it hits me mid-knee. I'm guessing it would hit you slightly above the knee.
hm.jpg
I have been eyeing this dress on ebay, my daughter is thinking about going as the tightrope girl or I will possibly use it for the 1/2 marathon. It looks like large is about the smallest size available. Do you think it is easy to take in the sides?
I'll take a look at it when I get home this evening but I'm thinking it would be a pain. The skirt/bodice seam is not a straight seam, the skirt has pockets, there's a side zipper in the bodice and the skirt has pockets so it wouldn't be a simple alteration.

I also would not recommend running a 1/2 marathon in it. It is a comfy dress for park touring, Halloween costume, even to wear to work but the bodice can get warm during casual wear. It also has a layered skirt. It has the outer layer, a tulle layer and a 3rd satiny lining layer. There are some on etsy that look like they'd be better for running

Anyone know if they have plenty of the new HM dress in stock? We’ll be arriving late next Friday night and the following morning we’ll be at Disney Springs. All of my Dress Shop dresses are mediums, but would get a large if only option

I am here to eat my words. We are currently in Disneyland, and I stopped in the Dress Shop yesterday to see if they had any of the new Mickey & Minnie dresses in the size I usually order. They had several so I brought my husband with me to get an unbiased opinion. He thought the pattern was cute so I tried it on. (He had to help with the zipper and hook & eye). It fit great; I just need to use the button to adjust the straps. He and I both thought it was flattering on me so I bought it. The top is similar to the Snacks dress, but the skirt had less material.

You should be ok on length. I'm 5'6", short-waisted and all leg. You can see in the photo below that it hits me mid-knee. I'm guessing it would hit you slightly above the knee.
View attachment 426406
I'll take a look at it when I get home this evening but I'm thinking it would be a pain. The skirt/bodice seam is not a straight seam, the skirt has pockets, there's a side zipper in the bodice and the skirt has pockets so it wouldn't be a simple alteration.

I also would not recommend running a 1/2 marathon in it. It is a comfy dress for park touring, Halloween costume, even to wear to work but the bodice can get warm during casual wear. It also has a layered skirt. It has the outer layer, a tulle layer and a 3rd satiny lining layer. There are some on etsy that look like they'd be better for running
Great, thanks for the info! You look amazing - the dress looks great on you and I love the tiny parasol!

View attachment 426406

Last edited:
Haha, I am not very practical when it comes to running outfits hence this polyester long-sleeved itchy outfit I wore for the last ToT 10 miler. I bought a new with tags tightrope walker in large for $80... let’s see what happens!

Attachments

• BD4CDF39-7745-48FC-8265-6426AA1CE223.jpeg
    BD4CDF39-7745-48FC-8265-6426AA1CE223.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 58
View attachment 426406

What a great photo! You look perfect! :love::love::love:

Great, thanks for the info! You look amazing - the dress looks great on you and I love the tiny parasol!
Thank you! The parasol is one of the ones you can buy at the little cart in Liberty Square and have personalized. It was the perfect size to carry during MNSSHP and when collapsed it fit right into the pocket so I didn't forget it on rides.
Haha, I am not very practical when it comes to running outfits hence this polyester long-sleeved itchy outfit I wore for the last ToT 10 miler. I bought a new with tags tightrope walker in large for $80... let’s see what happens!
Oooh girl you crazy. I can't handle bulky or stuffy gear when running. I'm definitely a dry fit tank and either running shorts or athletic leggings girl, even on 2 mile runs
What a great photo! You look perfect! :love::love::love:
Thank you so much. It's one of my favorite photos from our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter