The dreaded Digital Camera Questions!

Janice

Super Shopper
Ok - I have a Kodak DC215 Zoom Digital Camera that has sat in its box....oh about 2 years now, and has only seen the light of day once or twice. I have actually used it this morning and successfully took a photo and posted it on an email, and it turned out find. I am considering taking it to Florida (NEXT WEEK, IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!) LOL but... it only has a Kodak 4mb Compact Flash Picture Card.

Now - even I know that this will not be big enough to take a whole weeks worth of pictures, (especially as I am on a mission for Hilary ;) ) so, can anyone tell me if my camera will be ok with a bigger mb card. I have seen 128mb for £68.90 on Jessops site - would this work? I wont have a clue how to do anything technical whilst away - so I will just want to point, click, turn off and leave it till next time, carry on taking pictures and then look at them all when I get home.

2nd Question (yes there's more!)

Will the batteries last using the camera like this? What other provision should I make?

3rd Question (last one!)

Should I just leave it in the box - buy some disposables and forget all about the digital?

Help appreciated - if I am getting the card - I need to order in the hopes of getting it by next Monday at the latest.

Thanks a bunch

:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Janice,

Check out the Sherwoods sight for Compact Flash cards - they have 128Mb ones for £49:

http://www.sherwoods-photo.com/periph_media/cf_media_fs.html

You should be able to get quite a few photos on a 128Mb card. You should be able to review the pictures you've taken with the camera and delete an duff ones, so making more room on the card.

A friend at work had a Kobak digital, and he had a lot of problems with the batteries. The camera kep shutting down after only taking a few photos, even though the batteries had only just been charged. In the end he sent the camera back to Kodak and got his money back. I think his was a cheaper model with no zoom. The problem I think was something to do with only having 2 batteries.
Yours has 4 so you should be OK. Take NiMh rechargables if you have them and a charger, most chargers will work at US voltages, although check the label to be sure.

As for taking disposables - it depends what you want to do with the photos. At least with a digital you canpost all your photos on the boards for us all to see :)

I would take the digital - you can take 100's of photo's with a 64 meg card and even more with the 128 meg card the disposable is only going to take 24 at a time.

I can take about 150+ pictures on my camera using my 64meg card- looking at the spec of your camera, it looks very similiar to mine - make sure you have it set to the highest resolution so that you can get prints made. (you can get small prints made at the lower resolution, but enlargements would look grainy)

my battery's don't last marvellously long - I use rechargables, but I also carry a set of normal AA battery's in my bag, so I can swap them over if my rechargable's die - they do die fairly often. I have no idea about recharging in the US but I need to find out.

Have fun!

bev

Wow Tim - thanks for that.

I phoned Sherwoods and they guaranteed me delivery by Friday so I have ordered
the 128mb card :D

Thanks for the help and link - you just saved me £20.00 so I owe you a beer :D

Thanks for the input Bev - I'll take some rechargeables and a charger I think - need
to just learn how to do that and I'm all set.

Thanks - I just knew where I would get the best, sound advice!

:D :D :D

Now - even I know that this will not be big enough to take a whole weeks worth of pictures, (especially as I am on a mission for Hilary )
Jan - I've absolutely no advice about the camera, but just wanted to say I'm glad you're taking this trip seriously ;)

Janice,

You can always buy a card upon arrival in "the world".

Walmart had them in stock the week before last whilst I was there. Circuit City are also reasonably priced at the moment.

Greg

:)

Oh I see :rolleyes: ...... this is what goes on behind my back when I'm PCless is it :rolleyes: ?
You can post winky eyes and write about missions all you like, but I'll have you know my hats look very sophisticated :D

(WDWfan,uk bops Janice, Super Duper Shopper on the head :D )

....... in fact I have a seat booked for my hat so it doesn't get squashed - don't know where they are going to put Janice though!

:D :) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter