The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Either the adventure tower, or the Frontier tower, theme park view.

Frontier tower theme park view above the 6 flr, will garner you a great view of the fireworks.

Adventure tower, will give you easy access to e ticket lounge.

Hope that helps :goodvibes

Just ran into this and feel the need to add to the confusion LOL! I have a 2 bedroom suite reserved. When I said we needed both rooms to have 2 queen beds they said that request would put us in the Fantasy Tower. I asked about my view options and they said both pool and park. I asked for park but have been concerned ever since that it will be a sad excuse for a park view.

Anyone ask for or have a park view in the Fantasy Tower - if so what did you think? If you were in a 2 bedroom suite even better!

Thanks!

arichau said:
Just ran into this and feel the need to add to the confusion LOL! I have a 2 bedroom suite reserved. When I said we needed both rooms to have 2 queen beds they said that request would put us in the Fantasy Tower. I asked about my view options and they said both pool and park. I asked for park but have been concerned ever since that it will be a sad excuse for a park view.

Anyone ask for or have a park view in the Fantasy Tower - if so what did you think? If you were in a 2 bedroom suite even better!

Thanks!

Funny, we reserved the same (2 queens in each room of a two bedroom suite) for December 21-27 and they told me we'd most likely be in the Frontier tower.

Funny, we reserved the same (2 queens in each room of a two bedroom suite) for December 21-27 and they told me we'd most likely be in the Frontier tower.

That's so interesting. I was thinking about requesting the Frontier Tower (because I heard they were the only tower that had balconies) but I also would love a glimpse of the park and was concerned about photos I have seen from that tower where the Adventure Tower was half of that view.

I changed from a standard room to a 2 bedroom suite for part of my June trip - was shocked they had any available - maybe that had something to do with it? Maybe I'll call back and see if someone else give me different info just to drive me crazy LOL!

For the first part of our trip we are in a standard with an upper level park view upgrade. I'm thinking for that I should request Adventure Tower.

Or in more sane times I think I should just ask for pool views for both!! Turns out it's not a huge deal to me what my view is - since I'll be trapped in the room for several nights with one of my young ones I'd love to see a glimpse of fireworks or people watching in DTD which is why I am even bothering trying to figure this out.

I love the DLH but obviously hate the prices (so bummed there are no AP discounts for suites and they said for my June reservation no AAA discounts either) so I am trying to at least make a smart request - knowing full well they can't guarantee anything.

If I booked an upper level theme park view room what building would I be in and what would be the highest floor I could get?

Trying to decided whether to stay at DLH or DGC

If I booked an upper level theme park view room what building would I be in and what would be the highest floor I could get?

This is most likely going to be the Adventure Tower. We are booked for the same but with concierge. The lounge is in Adventure so as long as you're not in a suite, they try to keep you in the top 3 floors of Adventure for concierge. I can't remember now how high that tower goes. 11 or 12 floors?

ETA: forgot to say we're booked for Dec 5-8! Can't wait!!

They still might put you in Frontier Tower. Some of the rooms near the east end of the building they consider resort/district view. Without concierge, Adventure isn't a guarantee. You can still make a non-guaranteed request though. I think upper is considered floors 7-10.

Sorry if its been asked but I couldn't find this. Are there adjoining standard rooms in DLH since the remodel? Wondering if they offer them or if they want people to get suites. If they have them, are they in a specific tower? Just curious. Thanks!

Sorry if its been asked but I couldn't find this. Are there adjoining standard rooms in DLH since the remodel? Wondering if they offer them or if they want people to get suites. If they have them, are they in a specific tower? Just curious. Thanks!

Yes they do have standard connecting rooms. We stayed in them a few visits ago in the first remodeled tower. (I forget the name of the tower, sorry). But it was the first tower done and it had already been remodeled when we stayed there. We had one room with a king and it connected to another standard room with two queens. It worked out perfect for our family of 6. HTH

ETA: Just remember you can request connecting rooms but they are not guaranteed so you may not get them even if you ask. However, we have always had good luck with getting what we have requested but they will tell you it isn't guaranteed. I am sure at higher volume times it is more of a risk. Also you need to say connecting and not adjoining. Adjoining just means next to each other, connecting has a door connecting them. :)

We just stayed at the DLH (LOVED it!) in the Frontier tower. We were in a standard 2 Queen room and there was a connecting door in the room.

What a wonderful hotel.... so convenient to everything. It was so easy to walk back from the parks and relax by the pool every afternoon when the crowds became too much. One of the highlights was the dinner we had outside Trader Sam's on the couches.... same cost as eating quick service in the parks but what a great way to take a break! And the food was delicious....

I'm staying in a concierge room, park view this week for my birthday. I'd love to see pics of the E-ticket lounge if anyone can post a link. I found some once, but am always interested in seeing more. :cool1:

I've stayed at the DLH numerous times, my most recent time last summer. I love it. It's my favorite of the three DLHotels, I love it even more than Grand CA. This is my first time staying club level. :thumbsup2

We loved the Fantasy Tower park view room. My kids are not fans of loud fireworks, so we just watched from our room every night. We just turned off the lights, opened the curtains and turned on the channel for the fireworks music. It was absolutely magical (and we didn't have to fight through crowds on our way home afterwards).

I'm staying in a concierge room, park view this week for my birthday. I'd love to see pics of the E-ticket lounge if anyone can post a link. I found some once, but am always interested in seeing more. :cool1:

I've stayed at the DLH numerous times, my most recent time last summer. I love it. It's my favorite of the three DLHotels, I love it even more than Grand CA. This is my first time staying club level. :thumbsup2

Here is a view from the lounge:
2012-09-09180045.jpg
[/IMG]

And a shot of the food part of the lounge. Sorry it isn't very good!
2012-09-09180110.jpg

I am so excited to stay here in two weeks! My first ever stay at the DLH! So proud of myself for reading through all 33 pages! lol

We are leaving in 5 days for a 4 night DLH stay! I have a few questions; if anyone has info I would appreciate it, as if I call DKs will overhear and the cousin is a surprise.
1. I have booked a room for 5 so my little cousin can stay with us. We won't all arrive at the same time; his parents will bring him. Since our family is parking 1 car and the reservation allows for 2, can the cousin's parents park in DLH parking to drop him off? I am sure we will have dinner and visit as well, so can they park for about 3 hours? I can't remember from past visits if when we drive in to the hotel they check our reservation. I know the little cousin will have a room key, but will that work for in/out of parking lot (I could leave it at front desk for pick up)? I seem to remember that the kids' keys are coded differently. And how would they return to pick him up another day? (He would need his room key for early entry.)
2. I know about the 1 cup coffee pots, but I can't remember whether hot paper cups with lids are stocked in the room. As they take up a lot of room I'd rather not pack hot cups/lids if I don't need to. :)
3. We have Premium View booked and I have requested to stay in Adventure tower as we have stayed in Frontier 3x already. Is it correct that Adventure tower has either Park or Pool view? Which is better in your experience? Thank you! Getting so excited :yay: and packing already! :laundy:

We leave this Saturday for our 4 night stay at the DLH too!!

We booked an uppper level resort view and when I made the booking I was told the room would be in the adventure tower 6th floor or higher -- not too sure of a Premium View room I guess that could be either pool or resort view?
I found booking thru a person vs online is different when it comes to room descriptions -- when I called the CM could only book me a Premium View room (either pool or resort -- no guarantee) but online I could book an Upper Level Resort View room.
No idea what the difference is between the two but I wanted to ensure I got a resort view rather than pool view so I booked online instead.

We leave this Saturday for our 4 night stay at the DLH too!!

We booked an uppper level resort view and when I made the booking I was told the room would be in the adventure tower 6th floor or higher -- not too sure of a Premium View room I guess that could be either pool or resort view?
I found booking thru a person vs online is different when it comes to room descriptions -- when I called the CM could only book me a Premium View room (either pool or resort -- no guarantee) but online I could book an Upper Level Resort View room.
No idea what the difference is between the two but I wanted to ensure I got a resort view rather than pool view so I booked online instead.

We booked online through a travel site. The upper level rooms were listed as park/pool. I called to request park and explained that it would be our first time in the hotel and how over the moon excited we were to stay there!

Anyone been lately? I'd love to see more pictures of the room and the view.

We booked online through a travel site. The upper level rooms were listed as park/pool. I called to request park and explained that it would be our first time in the hotel and how over the moon excited we were to stay there!

Anyone been lately? I'd love to see more pictures of the room and the view.

Goofy_Mom - since you booked with a travel company who did you call about requesting park view vs. pool? The hotel directly? If so, what # did you use & how far in advance can you call?

I just cancelled our reservation & am going to rebook today using the Orbitz 15% off code and want to be sure if I do premium view that we get park view (like a previous poster, I noticed you can only distinguish on DL's website). Assuming I rebook with Orbitz, can I still call Disney about room requests or do they not see my reservation # until we get there? I'm really debating doing premium view still or downgrading to deluxe, especially if premium view risks being a pool view.

Goofy_Mom - since you booked with a travel company who did you call about requesting park view vs. pool? The hotel directly? If so, what # did you use & how far in advance can you call?

I just cancelled our reservation & am going to rebook today using the Orbitz 15% off code and want to be sure if I do premium view that we get park view (like a previous poster, I noticed you can only distinguish on DL's website). Assuming I rebook with Orbitz, can I still call Disney about room requests or do they not see my reservation # until we get there? I'm really debating doing premium view still or downgrading to deluxe, especially if premium view risks being a pool view.

I called the hotel directly about an hour after I booked through the travel company (I used travelocity). Our dates are Friday October 11 to Tuesday October 15 (4 nights for $1857:thumbsup2:cool1:) The hotel CM pulled up our reservation without any problems and said "it's not a guarantee, just a request". I told her I understand. I don't think I've ever heard a request not be granted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter