The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

May I ask what type of room you reserved? I ask because we have a Deluxe View Room reserved for next month and there's been some confusion on what that means. I was told lower level pool side, but others have been told pool OR DTD between the third and sixth floors. Thanks!

We booked premium (which is a step up from deluxe)..at least that's what I have in my notes. However, I am also confused because when we got our final bill, it was nowhere near what the premium room should have cost. To me it looks like we paid for a deluxe room. And, I have no idea if perhaps we were upgraded to a premium room for the deluxe price but if we were, the CM said nothing about it. The bill says nothing about the price level of our room either so I'm confused!

If it helps, we were in the Adventure Tower, 9th floor, room 2763, park view (so from our room which looked straight out the back towards DL/CA, we could see DL on the left side and CA on the right). Perfect view of fireworks off to the left, no trees to obstruct. So maybe you can ask about the price level for the rooms along that side. I imagine that the rooms a few levels down would've had a great view too, and if I remember right there were 11 stories so the top levels I think are the concierge levels.

Probably addressed somewhere earlier but can't find the answer....
how long a walk is it from the Adventure Tower to bag check of either DL or DCA ?

Probably addressed somewhere earlier but can't find the answer....
how long a walk is it from the Adventure Tower to bag check of either DL or DCA ?

depending on how fast you walk and crowds...we can make it in about 10-15 minutes!

I have a question about Trader Sam's...is this a restaurant where it is necessary to have a reservation for? We are thinking of dining here on our arrival day for lunch, but don't want to make a reservation because I am not sure exactly when we will get to the resort, also we will be coming off of a 4 and half our flight so I am sure we all will be starving by then and won't want to wait too long to get seated. Also, is there seating anywhere outside the restaurant where if our kids wanted to swim and DH and I wanted to sit and have a drink, while keeping an eye on them, we could? Thank you for your help

I ate there on my last trip at the end of January for dinner, and it wasn't too busy. I think it tends to get busier later in the evening, but I don't think that you'll need a reservation for lunch (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). There's not a huge amount of seating inside, but there's outdoor seating as well. The outdoor seating is near(ish) to the pool, but doesn't really face it, and if I remember correctly you can't really see the pool from there.

The other option is Tangaroa Terrace, which I believe does face the pool (the entrance does at least), but you still won't get a great view I don't think. If your kids are older it might work, but if you want to keep a close eye on them I don't think it will work very well.

Not sure how much help I was, I'm sure someone can chime in with more detailed info. Have a great trip! :)

I ate there on my last trip at the end of January for dinner, and it wasn't too busy. I think it tends to get busier later in the evening, but I don't think that you'll need a reservation for lunch (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). There's not a huge amount of seating inside, but there's outdoor seating as well. The outdoor seating is near(ish) to the pool, but doesn't really face it, and if I remember correctly you can't really see the pool from there.

The other option is Tangaroa Terrace, which I believe does face the pool (the entrance does at least), but you still won't get a great view I don't think. If your kids are older it might work, but if you want to keep a close eye on them I don't think it will work very well.

Not sure how much help I was, I'm sure someone can chime in with more detailed info. Have a great trip! :)

Thank you, you were a big help :goodvibes. My kids will be 12 and 9 and won't need too much supervision while they are swimming (they are both like fish when it comes to water). I was just wondering if it was at all possible to have a nice adult drink while relaxing on the chaise chairs while the kids have fun in the pool. After a long flight, an adult drink by the pool sounds heavenly :cloud9:

Thank you, you were a big help :goodvibes. My kids will be 12 and 9 and won't need too much supervision while they are swimming (they are both like fish when it comes to water). I was just wondering if it was at all possible to have a nice adult drink while relaxing on the chaise chairs while the kids have fun in the pool. After a long flight, an adult drink by the pool sounds heavenly :cloud9:

Glad I could help! :) That absolutely sounds like the perfect way to kick off a Disney vacation! We intended on going to Trader Sam's just for drinks, and ended up having dinner there because the atmosphere was just too fun!

Just booked DLH for 4 nights in early June!!

So excited....I'm not telling the family where we're staying. How am I going to keep this secret!?!?!

I have a question about Trader Sam's...is this a restaurant where it is necessary to have a reservation for? We are thinking of dining here on our arrival day for lunch, but don't want to make a reservation because I am not sure exactly when we will get to the resort, also we will be coming off of a 4 and half our flight so I am sure we all will be starving by then and won't want to wait too long to get seated. Also, is there seating anywhere outside the restaurant where if our kids wanted to swim and DH and I wanted to sit and have a drink, while keeping an eye on them, we could? Thank you for your help

I think there are Trader Sam waiters/waitresses that come down to the pool area to take orders? not positive, but I seem to recall a few waitstaff making trips from TS to the pool.

just 31 days out until our stay at DLH for my DD 13th bday! can't wait to see the look on her face when she find out we are staying here pixiedust:

I'm so nervous about our upcoming stay at DLH. My family loves PPH and the incredible view there. If I understand correctly, most of the suites are in the Adventure tower. Is that right? And then there are others dotted throughout the hotel towers, but not many, right?

What about balconies? Do all the suites have them? Or only certain ones? We are staying concierge. Does that make a difference?

I know our stay is a long way off, but I am an over-planner and I'm super anxious that DLH won't live up to our experience at PPH (that view is amazing!!!).

I'm so nervous about our upcoming stay at DLH. My family loves PPH and the incredible view there. If I understand correctly, most of the suites are in the Adventure tower. Is that right? And then there are others dotted throughout the hotel towers, but not many, right?

What about balconies? Do all the suites have them? Or only certain ones? We are staying concierge. Does that make a difference?

I know our stay is a long way off, but I am an over-planner and I'm super anxious that DLH won't live up to our experience at PPH (that view is amazing!!!).

If you are staying in a 2 or three bedroom suite, and not a theme suite, most of them are actually located in the Froniter tower, at the ends, with balcony's.

They do have the suites in other tower's, but the majority are in the Frontier tower.

If you want a balcony, you can ask to be in the Frontier tower, and you may get one. That is the only tower with balcony's.

However the Concierge Lounge is in the Adventure tower, which is where the themed suites are located, but also some 1 and 2 bedroom suites.

It really depends on where you request to stay. If you want quick access to the e ticket Concierge lounge, then request the adventure tower. If you want a balcony, request the frontier tower.

Hope that helps

Okay, so I'm more confused than ever.

Where is our best chance for a view of the fireworks? Hmmm, so much to think about.

Fivers is right; you can't see the pool from Tarangoa Terrace/Trader Sam's (and though it seems a good idea wanting to watch the kiddos from there, you can imagine why they don't want the public to be able to gawk over the pool :rotfl:!)

My kids were 5/8 last summer, great swimmers, and DH and I parked in lounge chairs and took turns going out of the pool gate to get drinks at Trader Sam's. You just tell them you're at the pool and they'll give you the plastic cups. There is cocktail service, friendly but not bartenders (in case you like to try different things they can't really answer questions about recipes and stock) and we ordered from the cocktail servers a couple times but decided that just going into the bar is much faster, even when TS looks full; plus you get to check out the cool bar!

Okay, so I'm more confused than ever.

Where is our best chance for a view of the fireworks? Hmmm, so much to think about.

Either the adventure tower, or the Frontier tower, theme park view.

Frontier tower theme park view above the 6 flr, will garner you a great view of the fireworks.

Adventure tower, will give you easy access to e ticket lounge.

Hope that helps :goodvibes

So excited that we decided to take the plunge and stay at the DH for our July/August trip. It's a splurge but worth it since this will probably be our only DLR trip (we are East Coasters and frequent fliers to Florida).

My kids play the Disneyland App on the iPad and saw the new Monorail pools and that was it for them. I knew they'd be disappointed with anything else (me, too!).

Now to get myself a new countdown ticker!

two weeks from now we will be at DLH :cool1: can't wait to see my DD face when she realizes we are staying all 5 nights there pixiedust: and so looking forward to our dinner that night at steakhouse 55 to celebrate her 13th birthday :goodvibes

Either the adventure tower, or the Frontier tower, theme park view.

Frontier tower theme park view above the 6 flr, will garner you a great view of the fireworks.

Adventure tower, will give you easy access to e ticket lounge.

Hope that helps :goodvibes

What is the e ticket lounge? This is the first I've read about it. Sorry if its been asked before. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter