The disney "value" vs other products

For me I compare Disney to other parks as it's more apples to apples then am NFL game or concert. When I go compare value it's just not at there. While Genie+ helps, other parks skip the line pass is more effective. The key thing to me is how many attractions are re-rideable. To be honest the majority of Disney rides are 1 and done. Last time at Universal I rode the Mummy 10 times in 2 days. There is no attraction that has that appeal at Disney.

For me I compare Disney to other parks as it's more apples to apples then am NFL game or concert. When I go compare value it's just not at there. While Genie+ helps, other parks skip the line pass is more effective. The key thing to me is how many attractions are re-rideable. To be honest the majority of Disney rides are 1 and done. Last time at Universal I rode the Mummy 10 times in 2 days. There is no attraction that has that appeal at Disney.

I think, the comparison is psychological. People want to go to Disney. They need to come up with a rationale reason to pay the irrational pricing.

The first time I priced a week at WDW I was shocked then booked a luxury international vacation because it was less.

But Disney eventually got me. Value, when it comes to vacations, is very much in the eye of the beholder.

the real key is attitude. I went with my family in high school. I was SOO bored. I remember we went on this Dino ride and I was like...oh god...what on earth...so stupid. Terrible trip.

then the last day we rerode the same Dino ride but this time there was a young kid who was sitting in front that started freaking out and got terrified. He was screaming like he was about to die and I got SO into it. It was the best ride ever and the rest of that day was great.

Looking back, I realized it was all my own problem. If I actually stay my normal detached analytical self then everything will fail. At universal it is much harder to get into that state of enjoyment on most rides, the new stuff is really great-Jurassic coaster, wizarding world...but the old stuff (barring a few shows) is really hard to get into-just such low quality stuff through most of the park- and with expresspasses and no water park three relaxed days is the max I could imagine enjoying. At wdw you can really get immersed into it for much longer if you let yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter