The disney survival bag swap... on hold

We are heading out tomorrow and will be at the World on Sunday! I look forward to meeting you Sandra! I have your cell# and SarahAndPaul's contact info for the drop off.

Can't wait!

Just wanted to say thanks again Sandra. We enjoyed the bag especially the toys. None had batteries so we restocked that. Some spin but don't light up and some light up but don't spin and some work just fine. The kids loved the light up mickey light sabers.

Sandra, our trip plans have changed and we canceled our May/June trip so please take us off.

Do add us for April 28, Beach Club. thanks again.

Sorry holiday stress and working hard to cancel one trip and rebook for another.

We should leave May 6.

Our trip has changed again!! We will arrive at AKV on the 15th. So if someone else would like the bag we are fine with that. We are all sick right now... So let me know if someone else is interested!

We will be leaving AKL on Dec 12th...what should I do with the bag? I know Sandra didn't want it to hang out in luggage services and risk getting lost.

I think I'll let it slide this time with Luggage services, and it's generally the value resorts that are great at loosing things. It's not being transfered or anything. And With Christmas almost here, I've been doing some major cleaning for some major decorating.
Just make sure you have all the info for leaving it.

This is a great idea!
When I book my trip when free dining comes out I will be in touch!

Can't make up your mind now can you???

And keep in touch, free dining filled up really fast this last time. So once you're booked or you're fairly sure of your travel dates, let me know.

Hi all, just got back last night! I passed the Survival Bag onto SaraandPaul at AKL.

I added a few things, foaming hand soap, color snatcher sheets, more ponchos, hot chocolate, marshmellow sticks for roasting marhmellows over at FW, extra diapers (size 4), hand sanitizer, Nemo Tattoos, coffee stuff and some stuff from Bzz kits, Zicam (in case anyone starts feeling a cold come on, especially with this weather), and some Aveeno baby shampoo and diaper rash cream. Probably put more in too, just can't remember what.

A lot of the light toys are on their last legs. I tried new batteries and some worked, some didn't.

Thanks Sandra for putting this together and for delivering it to us!

Just back last night. The bag was great...used the Hidden Mickey book all around the parks! There was a small soap explosion so I had to get rid of one bottle that was cracked. I also tossed the Buzz Lightyear spinner because it didn't work even after a battery change. I left the bags in the Animal Kingdom luggage storage for the next guest. There is plenty of stuff...I might recommend a clean out since there are quite a few repeats and three bags is a lot to handle! Thanks again for organizing all this!

I might recommend a clean out since there are quite a few repeats and three bags is a lot to handle!

I have to agree with this. Three bags is really too much. I'd recommend just keeping the survival bag down to one wheeled suitcase. This would make it easier for everyone, esp Sandra who ends up lugging it all around when there are gaps in the system.

Anyway, just my two cents!:goodvibes

Well I have the bag now. I tried calling MaryPoppins06, but apparently they had a late night, her husband answered and she hasn't called me back yet. Kari's been having to use the truck because of a flat tire on the van, so I wouldn't have a way to bring the bag to her. But I'll try again tomorrow since I'll have the truck for the day.

And yes, it needs a major clean out. I can't believe how heavy it was. And it's starting to sag between the wheels, so the rubber lining is getting sanded off. I have a box here at home that I keep extra supplies in, as well as the summer stuff. So it looks like it's going to be a big organizing day tomorrow.

Parkers*Momma might also be taking over the whole swap thing. I don't know if we'll move it to a new topic created by her or what. And more than likely, luggage services will be used for temporary storage between users. Other than that, I don't think much else will change. She might impliment some new rules or something, but if you're on the list, don't worry, it won't be going away.

Well I have the bag now. I tried calling MaryPoppins06, but apparently they had a late night, her husband answered and she hasn't called me back yet. Kari's been having to use the truck because of a flat tire on the van, so I wouldn't have a way to bring the bag to her. But I'll try again tomorrow since I'll have the truck for the day.

And yes, it needs a major clean out. I can't believe how heavy it was. And it's starting to sag between the wheels, so the rubber lining is getting sanded off. I have a box here at home that I keep extra supplies in, as well as the summer stuff. So it looks like it's going to be a big organizing day tomorrow.

Parkers*Momma might also be taking over the whole swap thing. I don't know if we'll move it to a new topic created by her or what. And more than likely, luggage services will be used for temporary storage between users. Other than that, I don't think much else will change. She might impliment some new rules or something, but if you're on the list, don't worry, it won't be going away.

I'm glad to hear it won't be going away! And yes, I think luggage services will be just fine for temporary gaps...particularly if it's just a suitcase.

Sorry to hear Kari is having car troubles.

Hope you had a good Chrismas!

Oh no Sandra, I am sorry you're "retiring" from the swap, it was so great to meet you. I hope you guys get the car issues sorted quickly (and inexpensively).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter