The Disney-fication of our Non-Disney Vacation...an October 2013 TR

AGGGGHHHH you have to tell me where u got the Darth vader sweater? I need one for Riley she is being darth for Halloween but would love that sweater for winter I've gotta find one!!!!

HOLY COW! what an awesome ZOO YOU HAVE!!!!! I wish ours did that!!!

next year i am coming for Disney movie night and the zoo... my list is getting longer and longer with my visit to you... :lmao:

Your kids are so adorable.. Jillian wants to be the "pre teen" yet the little girl in her won! HA HA! they all look awesome and of course the hoodie is AWESOME!!!

did i hear CAMERA??? New CAMERA?!?! TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

of course:

marco

I WANT that kitchen oopsi - I have to juggle everything in my tiny space-such an awesome place to stay for a week. Loved the Halloween at the zoo - everybody was in such great costumes! My youngest DS managed to eek out Halloween until he was about 15. Their costumes get to be pretty much anything you can find in the closet without embarrassing yourself. Cannot wait for your TR to continue, as usual I will be lurking!

Well, last year we had Trunk or Treat at church. She was fine passing out (and eating) candy there...this year I guess she figured the only way she was going to get some was to bite the bullet and dress again. :rotfl2: I totally agree with your "anything you can find in the closet without embarrassing yourself" comment, that pretty much sums it up, right there! ::yes::

AGGGGHHHH you have to tell me where u got the Darth vader sweater? I need one for Riley she is being darth for Halloween but would love that sweater for winter I've gotta find one!!!!

We found it in the men's section at Wally World. There were several styles for super heroes, Ninja turtles, etc.

HOLY COW! what an awesome ZOO YOU HAVE!!!!! I wish ours did that!!!

next year i am coming for Disney movie night and the zoo... my list is getting longer and longer with my visit to you... :lmao:

Your kids are so adorable.. Jillian wants to be the "pre teen" yet the little girl in her won! HA HA! they all look awesome and of course the hoodie is AWESOME!!!

did i hear CAMERA??? New CAMERA?!?! TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

of course:

marco

Our zoo is awesome. It really isn't very big, but they are constantly expanding, so it literally gets bigger every year. This year they added a Kangaroo Kickabout. They do a lot of events that are so fun, too. We :lovestruc our zoo!

COME!!!! There is always something fun going on around our house! :banana:

Not anything exciting with the camera. We are point and shoot folks, so we just picked up some sort of Sony point and shoot camera. :thumbsup2

And finally...

It looks as if you and the family had a Spooktacular time at the Zoo party and fun was had by all. Our Louisville Zoo does the same thing every year and it's just HUGE. We haven't been in a few years just because our schedules haven't allowed, but it is definitely fun.

I LOVE :love: all the kiddos costumes (even Jillian's). How funny that she decided to dress up at the last minute. Gabe makes a good looking pirate and Charity's Miniie outfit is precious. I ALMOST bought those Minnie ears while we were in Disney. ::MinnieMo That's awesome that Brian was a good sport and that Darth hoodie is VERY cool. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, but I want one! :rotfl:

Looking forward to our DISmeet on Saturday! I can't wait! :yay: Hope you have a SUPER DUPER week!

Our zoo is awesome. It really isn't very big, but they are constantly expanding, so it literally gets bigger every year. This year they added a Kangaroo Kickabout. They do a lot of events that are so fun, too. We :lovestruc our zoo!

COME!!!! There is always something fun going on around our house! :banana:

Not anything exciting with the camera. We are point and shoot folks, so we just picked up some sort of Sony point and shoot camera. :thumbsup2

And finally...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I laughed SO hard at this one...

again you are the winner of creativity!

Looking forward to our DISmeet on Saturday! I can't wait! :yay: Hope you have a SUPER DUPER week!

You have no idea how jealous I am... Please give out big Dis hugs from me - to both of you. :wizard:

D~

Ok, I love your family movie night. I think I might have to start a something like this with the family. Only mine are all grown now. But I could do this with the grandbaby! Thanks for posting.

Connie, I wasn't too far behind (but I did skip the chatter). Loved the intros...our kids are beautiful.

Oops....forgot that time difference. But good call and stopping for breakfast to let the traffic ease up. The thing I hated most when we used to drive to Florida was going through Atlanta.

Although I am not a fan of Lilo and Stitch, I love your movie night...great job on the decorations, etc.

The resort is stunning...I just love it. Where exactly was that located (I must have missed it).

Okay, I should be able to stay up to speed now.

It looks as if you and the family had a Spooktacular time at the Zoo party and fun was had by all. Our Louisville Zoo does the same thing every year and it's just HUGE. We haven't been in a few years just because our schedules haven't allowed, but it is definitely fun.

I LOVE :love: all the kiddos costumes (even Jillian's). How funny that she decided to dress up at the last minute. Gabe makes a good looking pirate and Charity's Miniie outfit is precious. I ALMOST bought those Minnie ears while we were in Disney. ::MinnieMo That's awesome that Brian was a good sport and that Darth hoodie is VERY cool. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, but I want one! :rotfl:

We had a great time at the zoo party. Going to our zoo is one of the two local things we do that make me feel ALMOST as happy as Disney...the other thing? OPRY MILLS!!! :cool1: And it's even better with Disfriends! I am beyond excited about our Dismeet! :hyper:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I laughed SO hard at this one...

again you are the winner of creativity!

I am running out of ideas now...but....

You have no idea how jealous I am... Please give out big Dis hugs from me - to both of you. :wizard:

D~

You will be there with us D~... ::yes::

Ok, I love your family movie night. I think I might have to start a something like this with the family. Only mine are all grown now. But I could do this with the grandbaby! Thanks for posting.

Movie nights are SO FUN!!! I am blessed enough to have a hubby who enjoys them as much as I do, and as much as the kiddos. How old is your grandbaby? Old enough to enjoy it? I say GOF FOR IT! :thumbsup2

Connie, I wasn't too far behind (but I did skip the chatter). Loved the intros...our kids are beautiful.

Oops....forgot that time difference. But good call and stopping for breakfast to let the traffic ease up. The thing I hated most when we used to drive to Florida was going through Atlanta.

Although I am not a fan of Lilo and Stitch, I love your movie night...great job on the decorations, etc.

The resort is stunning...I just love it. Where exactly was that located (I must have missed it).

Okay, I should be able to stay up to speed now.

We stayed at the Marriott Royal Palms. It is connected to the Marriott World Center. It was a FABULOUS resort. Keep scrolling to see more pictures.... :surfweb:

After getting settled into the room and taking plenty of pictures, what would we do next? :confused3 We knew we would need groceries for a few days, but Mom and I were both tired of being in a car....so we decided to start the vacation off right. We headed down to the pool! :beach:

This was the pool area closest to our room. It was directly across the driveway from us, so it was CLOSE! :thumbsup2

Here was the lounging area we always chose:

On the opposite side of the pool from our lounging area was the resort gift/ convenience store:

That covered area was PERFECT for those afternoon showers that always come in Florida. The kids would stay in the pool, and Brian and I would just grab our books and sit in those rockers. :cloud9:

Hot tub:

And NOW vacation can begin:

Yes, that is me sans make-up. :scared1:

After swimming for a bit, Mom and I left everyone else at the pool while we made a trip to Publix for some food. We waited until sundown to go inside and make dinner. We had tacos that night. Then we all showered, and headed to bed.

What will we do tomorrow? Do we have a big day planned? Is tomorrow our park day? If not, will we do ANYTHING to Disney-fy our Non-Disney Vacation??? popcorn::

And one last photo to close this out...today was Rock Star Day at school:

Connie, what a great pool...and it looks as if you had it all to yourselves.

I love your son's Rock Star outfit...he's really hip!

Whoo Hoo, another one caught up on! Let's see what I remember....

What an great gift from Carrie Ann! I so hope we get to do the Dis meet we talked about next March! I'm not sure if Nashville will know what hit it if the three of us get together. :rotfl:

Movie night was awesome as usually, glad you finally got to use the decorations you bought.

The zoo trick or treating looked like a lot of fun. I have no idea if the Atlanta Zoo does anything like that. I guess I don't really pay too much attention to those kind of things since we don't have kids.

That resort looks fabulous! I doubt that I would ever stay off site but it's definitely a good one to keep in mind if I ever do!

Ok, I know there was way more I wanted to comment on, guess I should have taken notes. :confused3

what a WONDERFUL place!!!! you all look so darn adorable! and cozy. your spot looks like the best in the house! Nice score! :cool1:

tacos are yummy.. just made them last night. very nummy.

bring on the FUN!!!!

That pool area looks really nice...and from the looks of it, you pretty much had the place to yourselves. How AWESOME!!! Sounds like a pretty spectacular first day! pixiedust:

Totally loving the pics of Gabe this week. What a cutie. The rock star pic is cool, but he makes a really good nerd! :thumbsup2

Just 3 more days til our DISmeet! :cool1:

Connie, what a great pool...and it looks as if you had it all to yourselves.

I love your son's Rock Star outfit...he's really hip!

Yes, that place we stayed at was so...NOT crowded! The most people we ever encountered in the pool was like 10-15! It was awesome!!!!

We call Gabe our Goober, he really LOVES to dress in costumes of all sorts. We absolutely :love: his creativity and imagination!

Whoo Hoo, another one caught up on! Let's see what I remember....

What an great gift from Carrie Ann! I so hope we get to do the Dis meet we talked about next March! I'm not sure if Nashville will know what hit it if the three of us get together. :rotfl:

Movie night was awesome as usually, glad you finally got to use the decorations you bought.

The zoo trick or treating looked like a lot of fun. I have no idea if the Atlanta Zoo does anything like that. I guess I don't really pay too much attention to those kind of things since we don't have kids.

That resort looks fabulous! I doubt that I would ever stay off site but it's definitely a good one to keep in mind if I ever do!

Ok, I know there was way more I wanted to comment on, guess I should have taken notes. :confused3

So glad to have you back, Ariana!!!! :goodvibes I know what you forgot to comment on....Gabe's devil horns in the Rock Star picture!!! I immediately thought of Jim when he threw those up there for the picture. :lmao: :rotfl2:

what a WONDERFUL place!!!! you all look so darn adorable! and cozy. your spot looks like the best in the house! Nice score! :cool1:

tacos are yummy.. just made them last night. very nummy.

bring on the FUN!!!!

Yes, the resort was so not crowded that week. We ended up with FANTASTIC lounging accommodations every time we visited any of the pools! :cloud9:

awe you n b man look so cute :goodvibes

Awww, thanks! I love him...what can I say!

What a wonderful place you stayed at! Sounds like a great first day spent at the pool :)

Just wait...there is an even bigger and better pool to experience later in the report... :rolleyes1 popcorn::

That pool area looks really nice...and from the looks of it, you pretty much had the place to yourselves. How AWESOME!!! Sounds like a pretty spectacular first day! pixiedust:

Totally loving the pics of Gabe this week. What a cutie. The rock star pic is cool, but he makes a really good nerd! :thumbsup2

Just 3 more days til our DISmeet! :cool1:

Girl, this Dismeet may end up being a ZOO...let me just warn you. PLEASE don't get overwhelmed, but my car is going to be FULL. Here is what happened:

I knew I wanted Gabe to go so he can play with Caden. Well, he went with me the last time I had an Opry Mills Dismeet, and the girls didn't...so I asked them if they wanted to go. They both said they did, so that was fine There would be four of us coming, NO PROBLEM.

Then I invited Quackattack, cause she is fun; and she had told me a few weeks ago she would love to join next time I had a Nashville Dismeet. She accepted the invitation and the count was 5. Still good! :thumbsup2

Well, then when Jillian heard Quackattack was coming she wanted me to ask her to bring her son with her. They went to school together from kindergarten to 6th grade. Now they go to different schools and rarely see each other. So, she wanted the chance to hang out with him. So the count was up to 6...

Well, then last night I get a call from my sister-in-law and they have had a family emergency. They need someone to keep their grandson this weekend while they are at drill for the National Guard. He is 5 yrs old and a really sweet little boy....

BUT now there are SEVEN of us coming to the Dismeet. :scared: I am thinking of releasing the teens/tweens to go hang out in the mall by themselves for an hour or two just to thin the crowd a bit. Anywho...I still think we will have tons of fun and I cannot wait!

:goodvibes THANKS, Mo!

So glad to have you back, Ariana!!!! :goodvibes I know what you forgot to comment on....Gabe's devil horns in the Rock Star picture!!! I immediately thought of Jim when he threw those up there for the picture. :lmao: :rotfl2:

How in the world did I miss that???? :rotfl: I guess I was checking out the cute costume and totally missed the Devil Horns. Or maybe my brain had just seen them too many times last week and I totally blocked them out. :confused3 :lmao: Better not let Gabe read my TR or you might have the makings of a monster like Jim. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter