The Disney-fication of our Non-Disney Vacation...an October 2013 TR

I am SO very excited about our Dismeet!!! Mind if I invite another Dis~friend to join us? Quackattack is a Disfriend and an IRL friend. Thought I would invite her to come along. She is surrounded by men and boys in her life, and always enjoys some girl time. :thumbsup2 Our little guys are going to have a BLAST!!! And I CANNOT wait to meet YOU! :banana:

Absolutely invite Quackattack! I love meeting new people...and it will definitely be fun! The more the merrier! :grouphug: I think Wayne might tag along with me...he isn't sure if he has to work yet or not. I kind of dread making long drives alone with just Caden. I'm always worried I will break down or something. :confused3 I hope that's okay as well! Wayne could care less about shopping, but he will be a good sport! So excited to meet you too!

Your Villa totally looks like a High Roller Suite! It is really beautiful and looks spacious and inviting! I can't imagine ever staying off property...but if I had to I would definitely want to do it in style in a place like this! :thumbsup2

OMG!!!! I loved your Villa! Love the colors of everything! Gorgeous!

I did have to LOL though - that IS my washer and dryer set right there - in case you wanted to know. ::yes::

That Master Suite is TDF!!! AMAZING!!!

If I ever have to stay off property - that is where I will go - for sure!

D~

Absolutely invite Quackattack! I love meeting new people...and it will definitely be fun! The more the merrier! :grouphug: I think Wayne might tag along with me...he isn't sure if he has to work yet or not. I kind of dread making long drives alone with just Caden. I'm always worried I will break down or something. :confused3 I hope that's okay as well! Wayne could care less about shopping, but he will be a good sport! So excited to meet you too!

I REALLY hope Brian comes with us, too. It will depend on how much homework he has going on, I guess.It's going to be so much FUN! :yay:Have you been to Opry Mills since the reopen? :confused3 If not, you will LOVE it. The new layout is ideal for playdates. All the family/kid friendly stores and a play area are in the same area. It is fantastic! :thumbsup2

Your Villa totally looks like a High Roller Suite! It is really beautiful and looks spacious and inviting! I can't imagine ever staying off property...but if I had to I would definitely want to do it in style in a place like this! :thumbsup2

Yes, this room was definitely an awesome consolation prize for not getting the full on Disney vacation we really wanted. :goodvibes

I LOVED your movie night pics and I'm sure the limbo was a hoot. I can't wait to see what you do for your Brave movie night. I love that movie!

The villa you stayed at in Florida was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I loved the décor and it seemed spacious too.

I can't wait to read more!

I REALLY hope Brian comes with us, too. It will depend on how much homework he has going on, I guess.It's going to be so much FUN! :yay:Have you been to Opry Mills since the reopen? :confused3 If not, you will LOVE it. The new layout is ideal for playdates. All the family/kid friendly stores and a play area are in the same area. It is fantastic! :thumbsup2

Yes, this room was definitely an awesome consolation prize for not getting the full on Disney vacation we really wanted. :goodvibes

I have NEVER been to Opry Mills. Actually, I've only ever really "been to" Nashville one time. That was in December of 2008 for a concert at the Sommet Center. Stayed just down the street at a Holiday Inn I think and just walked to the concert. I have however driven THROUGH Nashville many many times!!

Wayne and I have talked the last couple years about coming down for a weekend for the Opryland ICE Exhibit but we never seem to have the extra funds at Holiday time!

WOW that is one heck of a villa!!!!!! It is beautiful!!!! Like they have D~ washer and dryer? That is my LG TV.. i have it in my front room.. So i would feel right at home there! :rotfl2:
What a beautiful start to a vacation!!!! :worship:

Aew i love all you sweet disers your comments made me smile ( I was havin a rough morning) so thanks for that AND OH EM GEE!!!! Congo I need to move in to where you stayed I WANT THAT KITCHEN!!!! lol

I LOVED your movie night pics and I'm sure the limbo was a hoot. I can't wait to see what you do for your Brave movie night. I love that movie!

The villa you stayed at in Florida was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I loved the décor and it seemed spacious too.

I can't wait to read more!

Well, even though we were staying off property, I felt like we still got pixie-dusted with a FANTASTIC room for the week, for sure! :thumbsup2

I have NEVER been to Opry Mills. Actually, I've only ever really "been to" Nashville one time. That was in December of 2008 for a concert at the Sommet Center. Stayed just down the street at a Holiday Inn I think and just walked to the concert. I have however driven THROUGH Nashville many many times!!

Wayne and I have talked the last couple years about coming down for a weekend for the Opryland ICE Exhibit but we never seem to have the extra funds at Holiday time!

You are in for a great treat, then...Opry Mills is so wonderful, we LOVE IT! :lovestruc I am totally with you, we always want to do ICE or the Radio City Music Hall show...but like you, funds are always spent elsewhere that time of year! :thumbsup2

So, Brian is not coming Saturday...but Quackattack is. We will have a GREAT time! Can't wait!!!! :cool1:

WOW that is one heck of a villa!!!!!! It is beautiful!!!! Like they have D~ washer and dryer? That is my LG TV.. i have it in my front room.. So i would feel right at home there! :rotfl2:
What a beautiful start to a vacation!!!! :worship:

Sounds like you and D~ could just make yourselves right at home in that villa! :rotfl: It was a great start to an even greater vacation. :goodvibes

Aew i love all you sweet disers your comments made me smile ( I was havin a rough morning) so thanks for that AND OH EM GEE!!!! Congo I need to move in to where you stayed I WANT THAT KITCHEN!!!! lol

Girl, I want that kitchen too!!! I loved how it was so open and large and modern... great kitchen for sure! :thumbsup2

I am pretty sure that Oopsi did not see my response above, because we posted at nearly the same time...

So, I am just saying "hi" and letting you know I am still here and reading along...

D~ <--- Who loves Mondays because all of her Dis friends go back to work and then they play on The Dis all day. ::yes::

Saturday night we went to Ghouls at Grassmere, the Halloween party at the zoo. We had SUCH a great time! We had never been before, but let me assure you, we WILL go back!

Here are Gabe and Charity in their costumes:

Gabe was Jack Sparrow (with an eye patch :rotfl:) and Charity was Minnie Mouse.

Jillian decided at the last minute that she was going to dress up as an Eskimo. I think she just wanted candy, and had to find a way to get it! :rotfl2:

We had to stop at a store on the way to get a new camera. Like I said in a previous post, you will just have to stay tuned to the TR to find out WHY we needed a new camera. Anywho, here is a picture Brian took of the kids on the way to the zoo (he was testing the new camera):

Okay, so here is a picture of everyone in the family that dressed up...and THIS is the closest you will EVER see Brian to being "dressed up" for Halloween:

We saw that hoodie at the store we stopped at to get the camera. He spotted it and liked it, but had no intention of buying it. Well, I basically grabbed it and paid for it...forcing him to wear it. :lmao: He really did like it, and was a good sport about it. He didn't, however, wear the zipped up hood any longer than it took to take that picture. Can't say I blame him though.

We had to get a picture of Gabe with the zoo employees at the first trick or treat station...because they were pirates!

We saw lots of cool "characters" that night:

Darth Vader is really dark in that photo, but here is a better shot with him:

Brian said this Vader had the voice changing apparatus with the breathing thing and everything... a VERY good Vader!

Here is a family photo taken with the Stay Puff Marshmallow from Ghost Busters:

Apparently there was a wind gust when the photo was taken that blew the
"bib" up in his face.

There was a tent set up with a dance party going on. This was Gabe's favorite part of the party...he wanted to stay in there all night.

What can I say? The boy was bustin' a move!!! :cool2:

After the dance party, we made our way over to the "Scary Go Round":

This was awesome. They were playing Halloween tunes on the carousel, and they would just turn the lights off at random times. You should have heard all the ear-piercing screams every time the lights went out. None of the kids on there got REALLY scared, it was just the thing to do...scream when the lights go out. It was humorous!

After the Scary Go Round, we visited the Monster Lab. We didn't really take any pictures of the Monster Lab, but we did get this one (taken while we waited in line):

One last photo before leaving the zoo:

After the party, we went to Steak and Shake for dinner:

Yep, we ended the night with Cheeseburgers and big giant milkshakes! It was a GREAT night from start to finish! :goodvibes

And one last photo to leave you with...Gabe had Nerd Day at school today:

POLO!!!

I am pretty sure that Oopsi did not see my response above, because we posted at nearly the same time...

So, I am just saying "hi" and letting you know I am still here and reading along...

D~ <--- Who loves Mondays because all of her Dis friends go back to work and then they play on The Dis all day. ::yes::

Yep, I was busy posting an EPIC Halloween post while y'all were posting! :thumbsup2

Okay sorry...had to polo Mo first then go back and read.

What a great pixie dusting from Cheeky! I loved that dress too. I bought another one though. Pink with paisly print hidden Mickeys. I love it!

And that villa is gorgeous! So much more room than staying on property. Love it!

WOW!!! It looks like you all had such a fun weekend... The kids look adorable! I love Charity as Minnie Mouse, and little Gabe as a pirate... So cute!!1 And LOL about Jillian being an "Eskimo"... That is TOTALLY something my girls do. As a matter of fact, they are planning to trick-or-treat this year... Pretty sure it's for the same reasons.

Great update!!!

D~

Hi. I followed your link here from your post in the 10/4 cruise meet thread. I'm loving your trip report!

Okay sorry...had to polo Mo first then go back and read.

What a great pixie dusting from Cheeky! I loved that dress too. I bought another one though. Pink with paisly print hidden Mickeys. I love it!

And that villa is gorgeous! So much more room than staying on property. Love it!

Yay!!! You found Mo! Way to go, Suzi! :cool1: :lmao: I just love the hidden Mickey dresses, so glad to FINALLY have one of my own! :goodvibes

Yes, we got some major mojo on that villa! :thumbsup2

WOW!!! It looks like you all had such a fun weekend... The kids look adorable! I love Charity as Minnie Mouse, and little Gabe as a pirate... So cute!!1 And LOL about Jillian being an "Eskimo"... That is TOTALLY something my girls do. As a matter of fact, they are planning to trick-or-treat this year... Pretty sure it's for the same reasons.

Great update!!!

D~

Yes, Jillian had NO interest in dressing up at all...until she realized she could possibly miss out on some candy! Silly teenagers! :faint:

Hi. I followed your link here from your post in the 10/4 cruise meet thread. I'm loving your trip report!

WELCOME!!! So glad one of my new Disfriends is joining in the fun!!! I can't wait to get to know you better over the next year! :goodvibes

I hope you will stick around...please don't let my silly Disfriends scare you off (ahem MO, Suzi and D~), they really are a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

I WANT that kitchen oopsi - I have to juggle everything in my tiny space-such an awesome place to stay for a week. Loved the Halloween at the zoo - everybody was in such great costumes! My youngest DS managed to eek out Halloween until he was about 15. Their costumes get to be pretty much anything you can find in the closet without embarrassing yourself. Cannot wait for your TR to continue, as usual I will be lurking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter