The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

New Orleans added speed trap cameras to all school zones. Then, early last year, they changed the margin to ticket you at 21 in a 20.

It was definitely for the safety of kids and definitely not for the extra $4MM or so estimated additional ticket money.

Curtesy of bert.

View attachment 466399

The sink sprung a leek. He is making chicken and leek pie. It is a Disney recipe from Rose and crown. I don’t think it’s on the menu anymore, but we like it.

O that reminds me, I need to order a new sink faucet. Apparently I did not get all the water out and it froze and split. Add it to the list.....

Bert did a lot of cooking today. He made scones for breakfast, he made chicken water for Mallory. He made french onion soup. Finally it was chicken and leek pie. To boot last night he made me filet for dinner. It was my birthday weekend so I got all kinds of good food. Yay me! Bert is a keeper.

Ok, one recipe for Chicken and Leek Pie:

As is served at Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room, England Pavilion, EPCOT

Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup onion, diced
• 1/2 cup celery, cut on the bias
• 1 cup leeks, whites only, diced and clean
• 1 pound boneless cubed chicken breast

• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1 1/2 cups chicken stock/broth
• 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon thyme
• Pastry dough for single crust pie
• 1 egg, beaten

• 1/4 cup warmed heavy cream

Instructions
Melt butter in a large skillet and add onion, celery, and leeks. Saute until tender on medium heat, then add cubed chicken and cook until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir constantly until mixture clumps, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Add stock, parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 400.

Place mixture in a casserole dish or pie pan at least 2 inches deep. Place pie dough on top, trimming any extra off the edges. Cut a 1-inch hole in the center of the pie and brush with the beaten egg.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is hot.
Heat heavy cream until lukewarm and pour through the hole in the top of the pie and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.

Serves 4-6

From: http://www.thedisneychef.com/2012/06/chicken-and-leek-pie.html

A few notes:
Chicken tenderloins work well for the chicken
Store bought chicken stock/broth works fine
I'd rest for more than 10 min after adding the heavy cream - figure 15 min or so

Attachments

• 1579483109446.png
    1579483109446.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@garneska Yummy foods! Great way to be spoiled on your birthday!

We are getting close to finishing the deal on our new unit, we had some renegotiation to do and now ready to close on the deal. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff you accumulate in the RV after 6 years. It wasn't too much junk, but we still had a full trash can full of stuff we could toss plus about 2 boxes to donate.

Saturday we go get the new unit and trade in the the old one. We are excited and only 6 weeks from our first camping trip (ok its the race track, but that counts!!)

Does anyone beside me have trouble "sharing"? :rolleyes:

"Sharing" in my house means I buy something for me to have as a treat in a few days and it "disappears" before I can get to it. :furious:

Now the word "sharing" implies someone asked permission and I gave it. Some goody which magically appears in the pantry/fridge/cupboard doesn't mean it's available for the first person who gets to it. But nobody asked and then it's gone. :confused3

But I am a crafty old coyote.

giphy.gif

I have found the one treat that neither my DD nor DW find desirable but I do.

That's my old Polynesian Dole Whip bowl. An inexpensive souvenir that I pull out from time to time.

I got a busy weekend. Ciao!

Bama Ed

"Sharing" in my house means I buy something for me to have as a treat in a few days and it "disappears" before I can get to it. :furious:

I have found the one treat that neither my DD nor DW find desirable but I do.
Ha. You've met DS. He is the king of this. I will bury something deep in the freezer, just to find it gone 2 days later.

Left overs for lunch the next day? Nope! Ian works 3-11pm. He gets home from work and raids the refrigerator while I'm asleep.

I also have a few things DS and DW won't eat. Circus Peanuts and Swedish Fish. I can leave them right on the counter and they won't get touched.

j

Black Jack Cherry?

Never heard of such.

Sharing in my house is about same as yours apparently. I had found that for a while I wasn't "sharing" the cans of tuna, so I could have a lunch snack to lose weight. Then apparently I started "sharing" with the cat Jessie as my supply of Star Kist was dwindling faster than the crackers. (this was my first clue). The next was how the cat would go nuts at the sound of the can opener. If he was outside, he'd sit in the swing outside the kitchen window and meow non stop. Third clue was the still full bowl of dry catfood in the garage, while the cat was laying up fat and lazy on my side of the bed as if he had just devoured a feast somewhere.

sneaky-animals-stealing-things-22.gif

DW and both DDs deny any knowledge of this. Apparently Jessie has figured out how to operate the can opener...
can opener.jpg

I had left a bag of swedish fish and M & Ms on the kitchen table, snacks for a drive to Disney. Yeti and Mallory got to them while we were at work. I guess I am lucky I left two things am sure they would not share. I am pretty sure yeti got the m & ms and Mallory the fish. She had reddish poop.

Happy Monday!!! We are now daydreaming about trips since we have the new camper home. The process could have gone a little smoother, there was a LOT of waiting between people at General RV. Overall the walk through showed no issues, and we where home and mostly parked by 7pm. It was about 4 hours towing and 5 hours there, I think it could have been 3 if we didn't spend 2 hours waiting for people here and there through the day.

All said we love the new RV and it towed home like a dream.

I may need to adjust the pin box a little. We will see once we finish moving in as its naturally nose heavy and most of the storage is behind the axle. I will wait till we are fully moved in.

The girls already picked which fold out bed is theirs, and we started to move in on Sunday with the kitchen first. That went well and we can get the rest loaded in soon enough. The bath and a half will be nice and that big full bath makes up for the smaller bedroom area. I think the 4 of us will do just great in this unit and we cant wait for the first trip.

Lots of slides makes lots of room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!