The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Kris how are you doing with giving Mom Piggy back rides up and down the stairs?
It is kind of how we feel. She is getting up and down the stairs. We flank her though one in front and one in back.

we are back in the hotel. We had a very nice service and it included the honor guard. i will say I held it together till the very end when they played taps and then gave my mom the flag.

6C2B674E-28CF-496F-AB51-A3FC00248698.jpeg

87C25A0A-6513-4D02-BBCD-C650BF5C3B0A.jpeg

C029D5A3-D09A-4666-99D4-B2E302FAE161.jpeg

Picked up two vinyl stickers to put on my Aliner. When I can combine Mickey and Bama in one item, that's a real win-win to me.

20220812_175410.jpg

I like the swoosh A on the left one and I am in constant suck-up mode to DW so I chose the right one for "us". (Need to generate and bank all the brownie points I can).

They'll probably go on the black storage compartment doors next time I roll the Aliner out of the garage.

It also occurs to me that in the purchase price I am paying royalties to two entities rather than just one .....

Bama Ed

PS - they had about 8 Mickey-Bama stickers to choose from
PPS - I also picked up a Mickey-Bama sweatshirt (which felt funny buying in hot August) but since we have a trip to the Fort planned in November, it will be perfect then.

Picked up two vinyl stickers to put on my Aliner. When I can combine Mickey and Bama in one item, that's a real win-win to me.

View attachment 693605

I like the swoosh A on the left one and I am in constant suck-up mode to DW so I chose the right one for "us". (Need to generate and bank all the brownie points I can).

They'll probably go on the black storage compartment doors next time I roll the Aliner out of the garage.

It also occurs to me that in the purchase price I am paying royalties to two entities rather than just one .....

Bama Ed

PS - they had about 8 Mickey-Bama stickers to choose from
PPS - I also picked up a Mickey-Bama sweatshirt (which felt funny buying in hot August) but since we have a trip to the Fort planned in November, it will be perfect then.
Ooooh I wish there was one for the Buckeyes LOL

Nice vinyl Ed!

This weekend was spent on chores and a little more on the projects. I have the lower unit nearly finished. I want to do the last coat on the cabinet top with it standing proper to avoid any drips. Then I can get started on the upper unit. No pictures yet till I get the top done then I can show off the final product.

DW and I got to enjoy a nice evening out Saturday. It was our quarterly wine pickup party from the one winery we became members at. It is nice because the party is just before the start of DW school year. This year she has a new challenge of teaching a 4th and 5th grade combined class. Due to student enrollment numbers in her school, both 4th and 5th grades did not have the required numbers to fund an extra teacher for each grade. She is up for the challenge after 20 years, I have confidence she can do this and the kids will prosper as did her principal who came to to her first out of her entire 5th grade team.

I did get one thing off my list for the week. The truck, DDs car, and DW new car all got baths. DW car got the full clay bar treatment and a coat of ceramic hybrid wax I been using the last few years. Truck just got the hybrid wax, it will see a clay bar before winter. DDs car got a spay on wash off wax for now, I am taking it to my body guy to fix a few "memories" like a deer hit and cracked bumper, about 15 years of road pitting, and a whoops on DW part in a parking garage with one of their yellow minions as long as the price is fair.

Spent Saturday working around the house knocking out small projects. Yesterday found us on the road to visit my parents. Today was a late start for me as that much traveling in a day still wipes me out. Need to fuel the motorhome this week, and hopefully get under to fix my steps. But for now we are getting much needed rain, so working inside on projects.

@PaHunter Hopefully the steps are an easy fix. Did you get the water heater swapped out yet?
Steps I just need to pound the pin that broke out and replace, you know 5 min job that will take hours.

No did not get the water heater swapped out, nephew came to help, but weather did not cooperate, was too hot for me. Since getting radiation for cancer, I am no longer sweating, so I wear a cool vest, but I am still very limited when it gets in the mid 80's and up.

Working with Dr's to see if it will be a permanent thing or not.

Hands are starting to heal up and maybe back to normal in a couple of weeks.

I have those five minute jobs all the time. Lol. Its easier to give advice on how to fix something then when your atually doing it yourself.

On Sunday took FIL to the Chicago Botanical Gardens. It was was fairly close to the hotel. It was nice liked the Japanese garden and the model railroad garden.

7D6F30F8-3498-4ACC-9FF9-5BCE02D50AE3.jpeg

4060BBCD-E2DA-4875-87C2-8EF1140D6F03.jpeg

8671159B-CA9B-4ADA-AEAF-6829C1397D01.jpeg

This morning we did the entombment and then herb went to Ohio and we went as far as we could.

While Chicago was still a nightmare it was better than Thursday. We did stop for an hour for lunch. We got all the way to the east side of Nashville. We have about 4 hours to go tomorrow with stops. The hope is I am home by noonish tomorrow. It has been a hard weekend and not over yet.

Mom almost made it the trip without falling but no she fell at the cemetery walking on the grass looking for other relatives.

Yesterday evening I finally got a coat on the top of the unit. I think partly due to the warmer temps in the garage the poly was trying to set up quickly and left overlap marks. This morning I did a last light sanding and got a nice even coat from end to end. I think this will finally be the finished product. Later today I will take some time to repaint the two cabinet areas with black paint just to freshen it up. Next is the rosewood doors which will let me sort out how to handle the upper cabinets larger rosewood inlays.

1660740299515.jpeg1660740343771.jpeg

I been putting this project off for too long, and after this I am going to refinish the matching table and chairs. The good part is this starts to finally clean out the garage with the goal of having DWs car in that window side by winter. I been also slowly purging and consolidating things as well. So most of what is in the garage now is either garage stuff and not many duplicates of things.

My motivation is to finish this by weeks end, Friday is the viewing and services on Saturday morning for Mike and then its off to PA for my nieces first birthday. With this done I hope it gives me some motivation to speed up the rest of the work to be done and get the doors and top finished before Labor Day weekend.

Your cabinet came our looking good. Kris, my prayers for your family on the final good-bye to your Dad. It is hard. Now your Mom needs lots of love & also all the family. Memories are so nice to remember the good times y'all had as a family. Whiskey is so cute. I hope she was OK while being boarded.

What an emotional roller coaster of a weekend. Friday evening I made it to the viewing and got home around 11pm. Not much sleep was found and then back on the road at 8:30am and made it to Annapolis shortly after 10. This gave us some time to talk the the family before more guests arrive. The services and internment went as anyone expected and I collected my emotions enough to drive in the precession and once again for the celebration of life. Driving turned out to be my calming activity and by the time we made it to PA at the DW parents I was too drained and thankfully wasn't asked to be too social.

Sunday we went to DW brother's house to celebrate our niece's first birthday. That little girl was all smiles and happiness even as a large group of family came to see her. I got some one on one time with her once everyone finished clamoring to see her. 1 years old is when they are so brave and inquisitive. Thankfully I have very short hair DN could not get her little 1 year old fingers around them. That alone caused some interesting reactions, it was sooo cute. It was a great lift to my heart after the previous day. Around 4:30 we drove home from PA and made good time getting home around 8 and settled for the next day.

Monday is going ok, first day of school. Only thing forgotten was a parking pass for our newest driver. I went after our youngest made the school bus and put it in her car using the spare keys. I will take that for first day crisis. I did get a rude awakening from my not so good friends from Geico. Even after quoting the new car, and informing them of a new driver their rates seemed to be great. That was until today when I got a "billing update" email increasing our policy by an additional 2k a year over the original 600 increase for adding our newest driver, and 800 for adding the new car (1200 total increase) without any changes or claims. Needless to say I am now calling several insurance providers to quote policies and so far the first quotes where nearly 1600 lower like for like policies. I have only spoke to two so far and about to call Good Sam's and see what they can broker. Talk about sticker shock.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter