The DIS Dad's Club XII: Oh... There You Are Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!

So the stress of DS entering the world has set in... I'm normally pretty good with stress, but for some reason, getting ready for baby #2, and our first boy, has done a number to my psyche. He's not due for another 2 1/2 weeks, but the Doc told us he expects the baby to come early. I don't know if it's the uncertainty or what, but I'm struggling to handle.

Any tips from the seasoned vetrans out there? All comments are appreciated (including random Admiral Ackbar pictures ;)).

It's nice to have a place to come and unload this. Thanks guys.

Not really a seasoned veteran here.. more like I am a turn ahead of you. DS was born just over 4 months ago. It's been tough, but so worth it! I can echo the advice of keeping DD involved with the baby, as well as making sure you set aside time to do things with her.

DD had a lot of frustration those first couple of weeks because DS couldn't do anything. She wanted to play with him. It took her a while to understand. It got a lot better once DS started to smile for her.

And the other thing I had to keep reminding myself is that every child is different. Just because you did things a certain way with your first, doesn't mean that it will work that way for #2. You're learning all over again!

You might want to make a puppet like this one:

ackbar-puppet.jpg

For those first couple of months, you'll be exhausted. You won't be able to rest when the baby is napping, because your daughter will need attention. So it'll be a long couple of months...but know that this, too, shall pass.

Can't agree with this post more! That's been the biggest change for me. I went from having some down time whenever DD went down for the night, or was occupied... to having practically NONE! Just as I finish taking care of one, the other needs me.

And for me things will be changing again in September when DW goes back to work. I'll be leaving my weekday job to stay home with the kids. This should be interesting!

Bring it on!!! I did not think I was in here that much with all of the stuff at work that has sucked up my time :lmao:

Beverly work takes up time you could be posting - what is wrong with them? Did you get in the Pick Em league as well? I can't focus on anything long enough to make Fantasy Football work. But, with pick em, I only have to make a decision once a week and done. Squirrel!

You really must be stressed. That comment concerns me a little bit. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Hahhaha.... :lmao:

Keen eyed readers will spot the secret. :goodvibes

Awesome! Congrats!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Lots of news today!

Don't worry too much, Paul. It is very natural to be anxious. I'm sure you're putting your all into it and that's what counts!

Congrats, Barry and Bambi! So happy for you all! :cool1: Did you break it to the kids yet? If so, how are they taking it?

And big news from my family as well. My brother and his wife had their baby, a boy, Charles Morgan! Yes, it is the same as the whaling ship here in CT, but as I told my DW, we named our first two children Jack and Daniel so who are we to talk? The baby has been in the NICU for a day for low glucose and ruling out an infection (he has an IV for fluids and antibiotics, but fortunately did not need a spinal tap), so that's been stressful for them, but they're doing better today!

Thanks. And congrats!

You might want to make a puppet like this one:

ackbar-puppet.jpg

That is beyond incredible. :thumbsup2

Congratulations!:thumbsup2
Thanks Andy!
He IS Pregnant! Congrats Barry!!!
Nope, I'm letting Bambi carry this one. I have the sympathy blubber.

Congratulations Barry (and Bambi)! I guess we're gonna have to send some more Delaware shirts your way.
Don't you mean "DelaWhere?" shirts?:thumbsup2

TOUCH DOWN!!!!! :woohoo: TELL US MORE!!!!
Well, I lit some candles, put on some soft music...

Oh, wait, how much detail do you want?

So, what room will you and Bambi be destroying in the next 9 nine months? And oh yea, congratulations to you both!
Possibly all of them. We've had our house on the market for about 4 months now, and as you can imagine in this market, it's been very slow going. However, we have someone coming through tonight that is very interested in renting it. So if all goes well, not only will they paying enough rent to cover the mortgage, we'll have a little extra income in-coming every month.

Congrats, Barry and Bambi! So happy for you all! :cool1: Did you break it to the kids yet? If so, how are they taking it?
Yes. Madison wants the baby to sleep in her room because she wants to be the one changing the diapers. I'm pretty sure those thoughts will disappear after the first night. Evan has declared that he is NOT changing any diapers.

And congrats to your brother!

Awesome! Congrats!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Thank you!

:scared1: Not that much.

Possibly all of them. We've had our house on the market for about 4 months now, and as you can imagine in this market, it's been very slow going. However, we have someone coming through tonight that is very interested in renting it. So if all goes well, not only will they paying enough rent to cover the mortgage, we'll have a little extra income in-coming every month.
Good luck with the sale/renter, whatever you end up with. :thumbsup2

Evan has declared that he is NOT changing any diapers.
Smart kid.:thumbsup2 Obviously takes after his mother.:lmao:

Morning fellas.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice, its really appreciated. Making sure that DD is involved and having some gifts for her too is a tremendous idea. Not knowing when this is all going down is the toughest thing I think. Like they say, the waiting is the hardest part!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, and the picture of Kristin Bell as Leia would have made my morning if the picture Admiral Ackbar didn't trump it! :thumbsup2 Great stuff.

Thanks again guys.

Congrats.

Also, it may be helpful to know that 84.76% of the time the second child will have completely opposite personality of the first child. If your first one is a daredevil and boisterous, the second will likely be timid and shy.

(That percentage above is 100% made up on the spot, BTW) :lmao:

First Post on New Thread Ownage!

And big news from my family as well. My brother and his wife had their baby, a boy, Charles Morgan! Yes, it is the same as the whaling ship here in CT, but as I told my DW, we named our first two children Jack and Daniel so who are we to talk? The baby has been in the NICU for a day for low glucose and ruling out an infection (he has an IV for fluids and antibiotics, but fortunately did not need a spinal tap), so that's been stressful for them, but they're doing better today!

Congrats on becoming and Uncle again!
Hope Charles's numbers turn around soon. I went through the spinal tap thing with DS at 3 days old and it wasn't pretty. I've had 2 of them done to me over my life and unfortunately remember every single detail.

Congrats Uncle Chris! I hope little Charles is able to come home soon.

:lmao: I remember when my wife was first pregnant and exclaimed, "I gained 15 pounds!" I smiled and said, "Great! So did !" :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Whatever you need!

:scared1:

Sounds like good news. Hope it works out!

Yes. Madison wants the baby to sleep in her room because she wants to be the one changing the diapers. I'm pretty sure those thoughts will disappear after the first night. Evan has declared that he is NOT changing any diapers.

Evan is wise in the ways of the Force. :yoda: Madison will become wise after the first blow-out.

Smart kid.:thumbsup2 Obviously takes after his mother.:lmao:

::yes::

Lots of news today!

Don't worry too much, Paul. It is very natural to be anxious. I'm sure you're putting your all into it and that's what counts!

congrats chris!!:thumbsup2

Thanks Andy!

And congrats to your brother!

Thank you!

:lmao: i hear the chick-a-wow-wow music in the back round!:lmao: congrats barry!! you have just moved up to a 2 bedroom villa!!! :woohoo:

i think i found him. look at the front row center of the pic. move over to your left about an inch. theres a r2d2 looking thing sanding close to the front, hes just over the r2d2 head.

I couldn't find Wall-E until you pointed him out, but Eve sure does stick out! That was the first thing I saw when I looked.
The second was Rosie from the Jetsons. :lmao::rotfl2:

Quick question:

All the toilets in our office are backed up and out of order. Is it against any labor laws or anything for us to be open? :confused3

Hey, it's Friday and I want to go home. I'll grasp for any straws I can reach.:lmao::rotfl2:

:lmao: rosie was the first one that i seen. :thumbsup2

Love this pic! Frankly embarassing how many I could name! All that wasted brain space... :confused3

Thanks for the congrats, guys!

Four words for your new family of 5, Barry: "Art of Animation Resort"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter