The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW really through me for a loop this weekend. Since our Carnival cruise booking was canceled by Carnival, we haven't nailed down what our next vacation is going to be. Obviously I have been doing what I can to get DW interested in at least a partial visit to WDW... but she hasn't been biting... until this weekend.
She presented me with a challenge: Get us into Boardwalk Villas/Inn AND a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa for under $3k and she will give the nod. :woohoo: So... now I'm trying to piece together a split vacation and it's proving to be interesting. I'm thinking the only way I'd be able to fit in a few days at DBV is possibly through renting points from DVC. Rack rates are simply too high to fit in the budget. But I have to say I'm a bit leery of renting points. Has anyone else done this? BUT... on the other hand... this could possibly usher in our first stay at a DVC resort... and with DVC magic around maybe push us into buying DVC. Anyway... just wanted to share my dilemma with you guys. Thanks for listening :surfweb:

We have never rented points but this year we rented some of our points out for the first time. We used the rent trade board here and had no trouble. I told DW we were not the ones who really had to worry, other than the risk of getting a renter who trashed the place. Thank goodness this did not happen.

I will probably have to rent points to go when we do in May to see two of my nieces march down mainstreet.

DW really through me for a loop this weekend. Since our Carnival cruise booking was canceled by Carnival, we haven't nailed down what our next vacation is going to be. Obviously I have been doing what I can to get DW interested in at least a partial visit to WDW... but she hasn't been biting... until this weekend.
She presented me with a challenge: Get us into Boardwalk Villas/Inn AND a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa for under $3k and she will give the nod. :woohoo: So... now I'm trying to piece together a split vacation and it's proving to be interesting. I'm thinking the only way I'd be able to fit in a few days at DBV is possibly through renting points from DVC. Rack rates are simply too high to fit in the budget. But I have to say I'm a bit leery of renting points. Has anyone else done this? BUT... on the other hand... this could possibly usher in our first stay at a DVC resort... and with DVC magic around maybe push us into buying DVC. Anyway... just wanted to share my dilemma with you guys. Thanks for listening :surfweb:

also sent pm

Fed's last day reinactment could it have gone this way:confused3, Fed walks into Commanding Officers office, Mike, I want to Thank You for your fine service to the United States Military (gives handshake), but after today you are to never to return to this part of the World (Mike looking:confused3) door shuts looks back Donald Trump standing there, say's Mike I got 2 word's for you ---- You're Fired! :goodvibes

This just in
:mic: This is Les Nesmen reporting from Iraq, Mike (aka Fed) is on his way home.

:rockband: Singing theme from Welcome Back Kotter

Dis Dads party it up honering Fed
party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:
party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:

Well anyway Welcome Home & Thank You for your service keeping us free & safe:thumbsup2

Darn it, we leave for Orlando in 10 DAYS!!!!! No one is allowed to be sick between now and the middle of October!!

mmmmmmmmm Maybe if we make a version of this that will apply to everyone, MANLAW! We can prevent this from happening:confused3

The Force with the Dis Dads is strong:yoda:

I may just go crazy in the next ten days. :crazy2:

For about the last two and a half weeks, we've been fighting to get The Bug's asthma back under control. She'd had no problems at all in about two years, then suddenly with the arrival of this fall, it's been a mess. Asthma attack, followed by strep throat, followed by allergic reaction to her antibiotic, followed by more asthma issues . . .

Now, Squeaker has a nasty cough, my throat is scratchy, and DW is having stomach issues today. :sick:

Darn it, we leave for Orlando in 10 DAYS!!!!! No one is allowed to be sick between now and the middle of October!!

Feel your pain. DD6 came down with strep throat middle of last week. She finishes her antibiotic on Friday. Now I just have to hope this is it. Oh and the desktop at home decided to crash yesterday. Ugghhhh. I'm afraid to ask what else could, forget it, too superstitious to go down that road. Here's to hoping the repair guy can recover some of my files, especially my itineraries for this trip. on the bright side, at least we're ten days away from our trips!!!!

AJ.. ya got 10 days to get everyone healthy... load up on the meds.. and good food.. plenty of rest.. etc..etc..

GOOD LUCK!!!

I think the challenge of booking a vacation is a "good problem".:thumbsup2 as opposed to leaving in 10 days and half the family is ill... THAT'S a problem.

also, I think i read somewhere that Fed is back? You were gone? huh... :)

mmmmmmmmm Maybe if we make a version of this that will apply to everyone, MANLAW! We can prevent this from happening:confused3

The Force with the Dis Dads is strong:yoda:

Agreed! Submitted for the Dis Dad's floor vote:

<manlaw>No one in any family of a Dis Dad is allowed to get the sniffles, laryngitis (me on my last trip), aches, pains, general feeling of anything abnormal within 10 days of, or during any scheduled vacation. You can be sick on your own time, Disney time is to be accident and illness free!</manlaw>

agreed! Submitted for the dis dad's floor vote:

<manlaw>no one in any family of a dis dad is allowed to get the sniffles, laryngitis (me on my last trip), aches, pains, general feeling of anything abnormal within 10 days of, or during any scheduled vacation. You can be sick on your own time, disney time is to be accident and illness free!</manlaw>

second!

Soo...my first thought is...Busch Gardens only has to be one day...right? :confused3

Hello Sports Fans. With 2 weeks in the books, we now present the updated standings from the DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Football League:

SPORT GOOFY
The Mouse of Pain 2-0-0
Matterhorn Yodelers 2-0-0
Taxidermy Tech 2-0-0
Jasmine's Necklace 1-1-0
Grumpy Old Men 1-1-0
Passamaquody Dragons 0-2-0
Main Street Moose 0-2-0

TOUCHDOWN MICKEY
Thunder Mtn Locos 1-1-0
Test Track Dummies 1-1-0
Small World Singers 1-1-0
Duckburg Ducks 1-1-0
Le Cellier Dwellers 1-1-0
Figment Cowboys 1-1-0
Kerchak's Tribe 0-2-0

As you can see, 3 teams have gotten off to fast starts in the SPORT GOOFY Division with undefeated records after 2 weeks. However, the TOUCHDOWN MICKEY Divison is a jumbled mess with a 6-way tie for first place. Kerchak's Tribe needs to sign Tarzan this week or they could be staring at 0-3.

There are some big division games again this week as teams try to separate themselves from the rest of their division like the ice cream on a Dole Whip Float.

As always, good luck to all, except for Jasmine's Necklace as they are playing The Mouse of Pain this week.

ClearScreen

So, I downloaded the monorail.wav from http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html and changed my sounds. So, everytime the computer logs on or off, you hear (really loud), "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." I changed the sounds on ALL the computers, including DW's work laptop. She is :mad:

So I checked this week's DisDads fantasy football standings on Yahoo for week 2. Maybe I'm missing something, but is anyone else noticing the points don't add up right for some of the games?

Say for Philadelphia vs Detroit, I picked Philly to win. They did win but Yahoo tagged it as a missed pick and awarded 0 points. Same thing for the Oakland vs St. Louis game and the New Orleans vs San Francisco game. Not sure how the Houston vs Washington was a push; I had Houston to win and they did by 3 points.

I don't play fantasy sports very often but the scoring here doesn't make sense. Just seems kinda' wonky. :confused3

So I checked this week's DisDads fantasy football standings on Yahoo for week 2. Maybe I'm missing something, but is anyone else noticing the points don't add up right for some of the games?

Say for Philadelphia vs Detroit, I picked Philly to win. They did win but Yahoo tagged it as a missed pick and awarded 0 points. Same thing for the Oakland vs St. Louis game and the New Orleans vs San Francisco game. Not sure how the Houston vs Washington was a push; I had Houston to win and they did by 3 points.

I don't play fantasy sports very often but the scoring here doesn't make sense. Just seems kinda' wonky. :confused3

Philly only won by 3 points so since you picked Philly it is a loss since the spread was 6. Oakland only won by 2 so that is a loss.

That is what makes picking with the spread even harder than picking outright winners. This is why I never bet on football.... not that I bet on any sports other than against my friends. :goodvibes

Philly only won by 3 points so since you picked Philly it is a loss since the spread was 6. Oakland only won by 2 so that is a loss.

That is what makes picking with the spread even harder than picking outright winners. This is why I never bet on football.... not that I bet on any sports other than against my friends. :goodvibes

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm just of the age of a win is a win.

So, I downloaded the monorail.wav from http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html and changed my sounds. So, everytime the computer logs on or off, you hear (really loud), "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." I changed the sounds on ALL the computers, including DW's work laptop. She is :mad:
:lmao::lmao:

Next: only 96 days till WDW! I graduated high school in '96.

Also, i chaperoned a field trip Apple Picking yesterday. I took the new Mustang on some 2-lane highways. it was :woohoo:. The "old" top speed (for me) in my new car was 89. New top speed: 93.:thumbsup2 It's important to note that the car was fine to go faster, i was not.

Also, i chaperoned a field trip Apple Picking yesterday. I took the new Mustang on some 2-lane highways. it was :woohoo:. The "old" top speed (for me) in my new car was 89. New top speed: 93.:thumbsup2 It's important to note that the car was fine to go faster, i was not.

96.. they will go by so fast!!!

Wow.. that must have been so sweet.. I'm too much of a :scared1:to try to go that fast..

Heh. I had my old Saab 900SET Convertible up just over 100 mph on a stretch of middle-of-nowhere highway outside of Wichita. I didn't stay at that speed for very long though. Too windy (and too many tumbleweeds).

I still miss that car. I lost it to a flash flood about six years ago.

Agreed! Submitted for the Dis Dad's floor vote:

<manlaw>No one in any family of a Dis Dad is allowed to get the sniffles, laryngitis (me on my last trip), aches, pains, general feeling of anything abnormal within 10 days of, or during any scheduled vacation. You can be sick on your own time, Disney time is to be accident and illness free!</manlaw>

Passed and approved... page 1 updated :thumbsup2

Soo...my first thought is...Busch Gardens only has to be one day...right? :confused3

Actually... 2 days... 1 at BG, the other at Adventure Island. Then a day or two at a Clearwater beach. At least that's the current plan anyway.

Sweet! All downloaded and ready for use at home! :woohoo:

Ummm... Fed, close your eyes! LOL! What did the other parents says when you arrived 10 minutes before everyone else?? :rotfl2:

Heh. I had my old Saab 900SET Convertible up just over 100 mph on a stretch of middle-of-nowhere highway outside of Wichita. I didn't stay at that speed for very long though. Too windy (and too many tumbleweeds).

I still miss that car. I lost it to a flash flood about six years ago.

As the Navy would say about the top cruising speed for an aircraft carrier (in excess of 30 knots)... my top speed is considerably in excess of the maximum speed limit. Love my stage 2 Subaru Impreza WRX... and yes, I know I will draw ire from the American muscle lovers here. But my 300HP comes at a much more affordable price! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter