• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club IX - The Fastest Moving Thread Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't like going to bed with so much thunder going on... never quite know if it will turn into something more

I just don't like going to bed with so much thunder going on... never quite know if it will turn into something more

I'm still winding down from the Seder and post-Seder cleanup. Just relaxing and watching Glee. And finishing up the bottle of Riesling we opened for the Seder. Wouldn't want that to go to waste. Just like I didn't want the last of that Malbec to go to waste before I finished it of . . . :goodvibes

I'm still winding down from the Seder and post-Seder cleanup. Just relaxing and watching Glee. And finishing up the bottle of Riesling we opened for the Seder. Wouldn't want that to go to waste. Just like I didn't want the last of that Malbec to go to waste before I finished it of . . . :goodvibes

NO - don't let them go to waste.

We were invited to a Seder this year by some friends. I wasn't able to go, but my wife did. The hosts even let her light candles. She enjoyed it.

Though I am currently holding the top spot for IX... and of course there is that whole 11,000 thing looming on the horizon (of course I have to get past 10,800 first, and add a few more after that...)

Can't sleep either. Watching Deadliest Catch. Haven't gone to a Sader in a few years. As a history buff, I was facinated at my first Sader with the historical ties of the meal.

Keep your head down Christopher. Keep us posted.

Here's one from January

2011-0122-001191.jpg

Had a nice evening with friends. Lots of hot, spicy crawfish and Abita Amber.:woohoo:

Rode around with DW today checking out schools for DS6 since we are moving this summer. We went to 6 different schools today (3 public/3 private).
:teacher:

Stopher, tell us about your last trip:confused3

Oh yes, sorry Ron. I did see you asking about that somewhere in the last thread...

We enjoyed it - a lot.

This trip was a basically no parks trip, though we did go to Typhoon Lagoon. It was something that my DW and I have done previously - but never the kids. So it was more or less a test to see how THEY would do not going to the theme parks. They had a great time. Sure my DD missed the MK, and some of the other park attractions that she likes - but all in all it turned out very nicely. At dinner just last night, my eldest said we didn't even have enough time to do some of the things that we would have liked to do - and we probably should have skipped the water park.

We had investigated a number of off-site activities, events and destinations to explore and enjoy (thanks for the many suggestions to many of you) - but honestly - every single one of those suggestions will have to wait for a future no parks trip. We did not leave WDW property until it was time to drive home.

We enjoyed the Community Hall at the resort quite a bit. Played some mean air hockey with my sons and my wife. Shot a bunch of pool. Did some pin trading - even made our own buttons. We enjoyed the pool. We rented a Surrey Bike and rode it all over that place. We did Downtown Disney. We ate at two table service restaurants - Whispering Canyon Cafe and BOMA. We ate at Earl of Sandwich. We enjoyed sundaes at Ghirardelli (in lieu of dinner on our last night). We made some terrific meals in the room, and enjoyed a few on the balcony. We watched movies we brought from home, borrowed from the Community Hall and had in our Owner's Locker. We enjoyed the campfire and made s'mores. We rode the boats, buses and the monorails with no destination in mind. We checked out a couple of the resort lobbies, and got a Dole Whip from the self-serve machine at the Polynesian. We pool hopped over to the Wilderness Lodge. We slept in, we stayed up late. We laughed, we had a lot of fun. DD and I played hide and seek in the room (those 2 BR villas at OKW are ginormous!). We baked cookies, we had birthday cake for my DD who turned 7 while we were there. We shopped, and colored in the "family coloring pad" that we keep in the Owner's Locker - with drawings that my kids have made on numerous trips over the years (kind of a different scrapbook momento). We made sure to take our typical photo of the kids over at the "Happy Holidays" statues at DTD. We went to Winter Summerland and played some minature golf, and enjoyed some of the entertainment on the Boardwalk. We played tennis, and swam with the sharks at TL. We took a whole bunch of pictures (as always), and bought a bunch of stuff. And the trip was entirely too short (as they always are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter