~The Daily Grind~ 9/16/09

stephaine- what color shirt and tie for your ds?
He wants to wear a black shirt with a tie that has purple in it. He's taking a girl (just a friend) who goes to a different high school and her dress is black with purple. I already bought a black shirt and 2 purple ties, but, of course, he didn't like those so we'll go together and find something.

SIOH- Feel better! I agree, better to get it out of the way now than be sick on the trip!
PO3- I hope this appointment clears things up for you... :hug:
Christy- You need a vacation without a computer... when you get back, you don't use it. At least, I haven't been.
DIT- Purple is really hard to pick for! When I went to prom, I had a lavender dress (of Tinkerbean's, actually, so it was FREE!), and after I got it tailored, they gave me scraps so I could color-match. Which I then forgot when we went to get DBF's tux and accessories. So we tried our best (took about an hour), and they ended up matching PERFECTLY that day. It was great!

...I forgot my day's to do. Whoops.

Up
Breakfast (there's no good breakfast stuff in the house!!)
Out to catch the MBTA to school
Meet with professor
Do homework that I didn't do last night (just reading)
Classes
Work

I hate this three-day work week! I have to do all of my homework over the weekend, otherwise I have NO time to do it when I get home. Luckily it's only until the end of September, so I only have three more weeks, counting today.

Does anyone use a steam mop? Just curious if they are worth the cost...
My SIL and her sister have one and they swear by them.

At least I talked her out of mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce for lunch, she said she'll have a cheeseburger, no ketchup. :scared1:
That sounds like a conversation I'd have with DD. Eat OVER the table, no marinara, no ketchup! 1:00 is ridiculous. I wonder when our pictures are- DD needs a haircut.

coffee
coffee
dressed
DD dressed, lunch
DS dressed
loving movement
dishes
shine the sink

swish and swipe
strip bed
laundry
DS's bed
work on closet
vacuum front room and living room
sweep kitchen
measure DD for growth chart
thaw something
anti-procrastination day: hang pictures?, order Snapfish pics, take things to garage, check on wine fridge
pick up DD
homework
DD clean out guinea pig cage

dinner

I thought I would post an update. We are over halfway there, and now 1 month from closing! I wish it were here already. There was a slight hiccup with the appraisal. It came in a little low. Everyone thinks it is because the area we bought didn't have very comparable comps and what was there was from before this "bump" in the market with so many people trying to get something before the tax cut expires. Our realtor sent a couple more comps, and the appraiser recalculated and came up most of the difference. Once we close, everyone thinks our house will be a very popular comp. Basically the difference, was the closing costs that we had wanted to roll into the loan to preserve cash. So in the end, we are just having to pay cash for half the closing costs. We also had a radon test done, and are now getting a mitigation system installed, paid for by the sellers, but we are getting the estimates and having it installed after we close, so we get what we want. Packing is progressing. My scrap room is all packed up now, packed the Cricut yesterday. I wish it were Oct 16th already!

Sounds like things are moving along for you Hope! I'll keep my fingers crossed things continue smoothly for you!

Thanks Pam and everyone for the answers!

The Bissell one was the one I was looking at. I saw the shark, but it didn't seem very sturdy.

Anyway, I think I'll order from HSN, as I can reutrn it if I'm not happy with it. Gotta love those home shopping channels!

Thanks again!

WooHoo!!:woohoo:

Ordered... did a search, and got $15 off with a coupon, free ship, and 2 easy payments...

Thanks again Pam!

glad to read the update Hope. you must be so excited!

i have to vent please......

dh and i went to sign up ds for cub scouts and i WANTED to and he did NOT!

please tell me your thoughts.....

yes or no and why??

we are having a **disagreement** about it.

Holly
depending on the pack it can be a great mom and me thing but some are literlly forcing moms out. also it can be a HUGE time commitment.
find out DH's real reasons something bad happen to him?
we did it with L for 4 years happiest day of my life to leave it. All the cubmasters doing. they are no longer in charge of the pack but have moved up to BS and pushing people away everyday. so look out for the dynamics of the pack as well. We had 3 1/2 great years were deeply involved by choice.

ask if you can check it out and see if Bubba really likes it.

well i thought that the father from the bus stop was going to be the leader of the den, but it's not. it will be another father from the school that i don't know, but one of bubba's friends is in the den, so i asked if he could be put with him.
dh did it with his brother until his brother was an eagle scout and then dh quit. i think he did it more to hang out with his brother or maybe his mother made him because his brother was doing it??? i don't really know. pretty closed mouth about it.
bubba and i talked about it and i'd like for him to give it a try for the school year and then in june we will talk about if he likes it or not. i told him for 1 school year we will do it. i like him to have outside interest. he's an only child, we live on a main street (not a neighborhood)....he does swim but is that enough?

Holly, I think it is good that you are exposing Bubba to different activities. Then he can decide what activity is for him based on full knowledge. :thumbsup2

Lisa, that was my thought exactly. I just don't want to make him want to do it. ya know?:confused3
we tried tball.....:scared1:
we tried soccer.....:scared1:

i just want him to try new things. :confused3

dh and i have different sides on this one. and we are usually in agreement about bubba, BUT.......not this time!:rolleyes1:rolleyes:

Holly
I think your on the money on this one. try it for a year I might even have extras for the uniform if you need it I'll look around.

I like to let PrincessM try new things. I don't let her quit halfway through, she needs to complete the season, but if she really doesn't like something, she doesn't have to do it again. Hopefully, DH will see that he likes it (if he does) and change his mind.

Holly, I think it's great to let Bubba try different things. We had DS try lots of different sports before he found the one that was the perfect fit. He stayed with each sport (soccer, t-ball, tennis, etc.) for at least one season, some were longer.

DS been in scouts since he was in 1st grade. He started as a Tiger and is still involved (he's an eagle now). DH and I have been very involved in his career. In cub scouts I was the den leader until the boys got to Webelos and needed more "guy" stuff. DS loves scouts and it really helped him grow and learn lots of different activities that he wouldn't have tried before. But, the biggest thing that kept him in scouts were the friends he made. I think letting Bubba try it for a year is a good idea and if he doesn't like it and it's not a good fit for him, then try something else.

Oh, and what's funny is that DH wasn't too thrilled about DS joining scouts. I was the one to push it when DS wanted to join. Anyway, I think DH loves scouts as much as DS. He's made great friends in there too with the other dads and has really enjoyed camping and sitting around the campfire with the other dads while the boys do their thing!

Holly
I think your on the money on this one. try it for a year I might even have extras for the uniform if you need it I'll look around.

thanks Christy. i'd love that.

Thanks everyone for your support. We also have the same rule in our house that you have to ride it out if we sign up for it. complete the season even if you don't love it. you can not quit mid stream. so we will see. hopefully he will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter